Reviews for Velveteen
crazysnowdragon chapter 3 . 12/31/2015
Why I haven't put this in my favorites after reading it like 5 times is beyond me. Its in my favorites now. Very well done, I absolutely loved it! The 'summon-by-suicide' thing always makes me laugh no matter how many times I read it. Keep up the good work!
luvtomy chapter 3 . 1/9/2011
great, well written Akihiko and Mitsuru fic! loved how you created the awkwardness between the two. with the detail and dialogue I could clearly picture how the two would be acting :) overall, I really liked how you built up the situation. switching perspectives and the little bits of flashbacks also kept things interesting for me while reading. :)

one of my favorite moments has to be Akihiko's conversation with Shinji haha XD I thought you really nailed the dialogue there XD and the ending made me go 'awwwwww' :D again, great fic! glad to see there are more Aki/Mitsu fics out there :)
Paul-Kun chapter 3 . 9/23/2010
awesome i looooove it TAT will it continue?
cdcase chapter 3 . 8/28/2010
Nice fic! :D
LardBucket chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Very nice story! The plot was pretty nice, but the fight was a little confusing.
Paul-Kun chapter 2 . 7/16/2010
uwaaa so cute i want more
Exhile87 chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
YIPPEEE, an Aki/Mitsu fic! I've been lurking around these few weeks to see if anyone had posted anything new about them and was very happy to find your story. The Shirakawa Boulevard incident with Akihiko and Mitsuru never gets old and I just wished the manga had shown that scene instead of wanting to please yaoi fangirls with Akihiko and Junpei. Your writing is very good, and I particularly like this line, for some reason: "There's a strange tenderness behind them, and it turns that spark in her stomach into a sweet, syrupy feeling that starts to sink into her blood and flow through her."

"Greet Fuuka, milk her for information, and then graciously thank her for the conversation before leaving." This sentence made me chuckle out loud because it was so funny hearing the verb 'milk' coming from Mitsuru. There's nothing wrong with that, btw, I'm not saying that's OOC, but it sounded so cute.

Some errors I noticed: using 'then' instead of 'than', and in this sentence, "She should feel embarrassed over how clumsy she is, but all she can feel is eager.", I think that last word should be 'eagerness' since 'eager' is an adjective. Also, during the part where Mitsuru speaks to Fuuka in the command room, "The other girl looked bewildered, and as Mitsuru took a breath to continue took that as a cue to let her words spill out." Something's missing from this in the second part.

I can't remember any other mistakes but overall, this is a fantastic first Aki/Mitsu fic and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Kepp up the great work! _