Reviews for Independent Esme
KathrynLupin chapter 3 . 7/9/2011
Bella Swan should go to one of these meetings. :)
AngelicSongs chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
This was really cute and a funny idea. I like to pretend it really happened in the 60s for the Cullens! lol
Hyda chapter 5 . 1/24/2011
That was a cute story! And a really interesting concept that I've never seen explored anywhere else!
telephonegirl chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
really enjoyable read.
SonicTeamFreeWill chapter 5 . 10/11/2010
"Told you," Edward murmured under his breath. "But nobody ever listens to the mind reader, now do they?" he continued sarcastically. - I guess the world has had revenge on him for totally 'helping' Carlisle last chapter lol

so happy everything worked out and the happy couple is back together :)
SonicTeamFreeWill chapter 4 . 10/11/2010
yup thanks for the help guys, esp. Edward. Carlisle is feeling da love. uh huh.

oh well at least Esme is ready to talk (lol "who's-the-most-sorry arguments)
SonicTeamFreeWill chapter 3 . 10/11/2010
oh Carlisle...*shakes head pitifully*...
SonicTeamFreeWill chapter 2 . 10/11/2010
oh no! Carlisle she's gonna keeeeeeeell you! You better think fast!
SonicTeamFreeWill chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
very interesting idea, put forward in a totally believable way I love it!

go alice, burning 'signs of male oppression' :P
Just4Me chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
Perfect ending to my FAVORITE story! Thanks for the wonderfulness.
l0vely-l0uise chapter 5 . 9/26/2010
cute! love it! keep writing
TeamCullen.Carlme chapter 5 . 9/20/2010
OhMyGosh that was amazing! I mean Wow! I love when the fanfictions entwine with history, and this was the perfect example! Great job I loved it!
Whyterose chapter 4 . 9/19/2010
It's me AGAIN. : )

Anna is right, sexist does not technically mean "thinking men are better than women," what it means is "beliving that all men are like this, and/or all women are like that." Therefore generalizations and stereotypessexism.

Plus, geez, Mel! While I guess Carlisle could refer to Esme as "the woman I am married to," how else can he refer to his daughters? If you really need to tiptoe around her, a human father could say "the products of [wife's name] and myself," but with adopted children, especially adopted VAMPIRES, and ESPECIALLY Alice (who got them all INTO this mess, now that I think about it), that does not work.

I love the idea of Esme & Carlisle having their fights, because they are not often portrayed that way, and come on... They're MARRIED. It is GOING to HAPPEN, people.

As much as I believe in equality, I cannot consider myself a feminist-in fact, I consider myself a chauvinist, because I hate all pants except jeans, hate sports and tennis shoes, and hate short hair, tomboyness (I mean, Twilight is feminine!), and the fact that many women believe that they MUST work, MUST wear pants, etc. to be feminist. Well, maybe that just means I am a traditionalist, but either way, please don't hate me-it's just my opinion on how I would rather live-a skirt-wearing, waist-length-haired, Twilight-reading housewife.
TheMoonIsLowTonight-funkyfish chapter 5 . 9/19/2010
awww i loved this story! :D
hollyhalebforeverlove chapter 5 . 9/18/2010