Reviews for Wayward Ones
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Good story about Jim Murphy and the different memories and views the Winchesters had of him.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
I am actually going to print this one out, it's so damn good. You did a beautiful job of taking each beloved character's point of view: John's, Dean's, and Sam's. I loved how you tied it together with the "Salvation, Iowa" bits, but also though their individual relationships with Pastor Jim. You captured the burdens, the pain, and the psychology of each and every one of them, nearly breaking my heart into bits. Furthermore, your writing - just your descriptions especially of their inner thoughts, emotions, and expressions - was evocative and original. Absolutely terrific fic.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
:::::::going off in search of tissues now and to try to stop crying::::::::::
AllThingsInsane chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Oh, my gosh! This story was so good in so many ways: The detail was amazing. I could completely picture ever scene in my head as I read it. I could picture their pain and anger over Jim's death. I completely loved it. I also appreciate the fact that you wrote such a wonderful story about Jim. Jim was one of those one-time characters that leaves you with the feeling that you want to get to know them better. I knew that Jim was important when they were so devastated over his death. Anyway, wonderful story.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Unbelievably, incredibly awesome story.

The structure, past and present from the three points of view, was just perfect - and Sam's 10 yr old voice brought me to tears. All of the characterisations were superb, and the interwoven episodes were seamless.

Just an amazing piece of work - I hope you're writing professionally :D
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I loved reading about Pastor Jim and the Winchesters. It was so obvious that he meant a lot to John Winchester and to the boys. Sam must have caught some of his faith but Dean never did.
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
*wonders* Ermmm...your story, does it tie in with the Brotherhood AU?

I mean, I read your A/N, but I got a little confused...but when I read it, I thought I did see some semblance of the Brotherhood AU, though not so strong that it becomes AU.

Great story! I think Pastor Jim's death was one of the saddest deaths tooooo. ):
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Dean-no matter how far we wandered from each other, no matter how much we tried to untangle it, that bond was always going to be there.

Yup, that's why it's called Family, dude.

Pastor Jim-"Sometimes…you gotta let someone find their own way home."

Words of wisdom.

"Someday you'll learn that there's more to the truth than just the facts,

Took me awhile to learn that one.

John-They were my boys. But they didn't belong to me. Not anymore. Not after everything I'd allowed to be taken from them.-

Damn straight, kinda dropped the ball on that one John.

Sam-I think when he taught Dean everything he knew, he let go of the good parts. He just let them slip out and sink into Dean and then he walked away.-

I never thought of that.

told me dirty jokes until I laughed so hard, I got the hiccups.

Reminds me of a Billy Joel song. *sings "You May Be Right"*

-I watched Jim watch Dad with Dean, and I realized that I was seeing loneliness.-

Wow, what a line!

-But he stumbled slightly and thrust out a hand to balance himself against the car. I blinked. He was breaking before my eyes, and I found myself at a loss. I always thought my brother was the strongest person I'd ever meet. The one whom nothing got to.

Sometimes it's those we think we know best who elude us.

I've spent my whole life watching him. Watching, waiting, listening, absorbing. And I still missed it. I didn't know where the line was, or how deep the crevasse was buried inside him until one faded and the other broke him.-

Like watching the Titanic going down.

And feeling so helpless while seeing it happen before our very eyes.

-When I look back, I think, I should have seen, I should have known.-

We all tell ourselves that. Even when it's not true. That's a personal demon I face everyday.

GS, I'm in awe of your talent for hitting the bullseye inside the reader. Thank you for showing us facets unseen of the Winchesters. Thank you for showing us facets unseen within ourselves.
AZGirl chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
That was one of the things that bugged me about Jim and Caleb's characters - they're introduced and killed off in the same chapter. Good thing there are writers like you to explore their impact on the Winchesters...
Oceane2 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Gaelic, nice work with the Winchester's men memories about Pastor Jim, after reading this story, I would've liked to see more of him in the series.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Fabulous story. You always get the feel of the characters... their dialogue always rings true. Thanks again.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Finally getting caught up. This was a wonderful tribute to Jim Murphy - I think the character we all most wish to have seen more of. Wouldn't it have been interesting to see his take on Castiel and company? And of course, now I want to write that...

The Sam part got me thinking - I loved the line sometimes the people we know the best elude us - so true in Sam's case. And I think it is very telling in the case of our two boys. There's no question that Dean knows Sam inside and out - look at how he tracked him down in Lazarus Rising and again in Lucifer Rising - at a point when they had drifted as far apart as they possibly could. I think that Dean's lack of faith in Sam in S5 - especially toward the end (point of no return) was largely a reflection of his loss of faith in everything - ie himself and God. But in general - Dean sees Sam because he always had Sam's interests first - there was no "dean-noise" or Dean between him and Sam. Whereas Sam may have watched and studied Dean but it was to Sam's own ends - how Sam could internalize and utilize what he learned from Dean - there was too much sam-noise clouding his comprehension of Dean - if that makes any sense at all... then again, maybe I'm just crazy! LOL!

Thanks as always for posting - this was wonderful...
penless chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I was so excited when I saw you posted this! Sorry it took me so long to review...

Once again, you have blown my mind. You have a perfect grasp of the brothers, in my opinion. Just perfect. I have no trouble hearing Dean and Sam say the words you put in their mouths, and their actions are so true to form. Amazing job! And then you go ahead and give us the perfect Pastor Jim, too! His character always intrigued me the most out of everyone else that was briefly introduced into the show, and I love how you tapped into what must have been a rich history between he and the Winchesters. It felt incredibly plausible and genuine.

This story was spot on, and exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!
rog457 chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Wow that was great, heart-breaking, tear inducing, but great.

I love how Dean just kept saying "I need help", but not for his physical condition but for his connection to the most important person in his life. I wonder if he was able to fix the amulet if he would even have gone to Pastor Jims, since at that point he wasn't too concerned about himself.

I always wanted to know more about the relationship between the Winchesters and Pastor Jim. It was obviously very important to all of them. I love how you showed how he influenced and affected each of them and what his death meant to them.
dreamlitnight chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I love your word-hellatus, does indeed fit the break. Although I am almost scared for the new season to start, I want everything fixed and what if it's not... *sigh* see? A Anyway, I loved this. It was so heartwrenching and beautifully done. You wrote the Winchesters so broken and yet I felt their love for one another and for Jim, shining through all the darkness. Really, an ache inducing, tear inspiring, want to hug the Winchesters (especially Dean) kind of story. Nicely done! (as per your usual)