Reviews for Persuasion
North Coast chapter 11 . 3/31
I love it! "He had a mental image of him stuttering out a disjointed explanation to Lisbon while she watched in complete incomprehension." Either there really is such a thing as psychics, or someone on set read this story!
North Coast chapter 8 . 3/31
Oh my, this feels familiar. If you change Elliot's name to Pike, well, there you go. I think Elliot's going to turn out to be a bad guy, maybe even Jenkins' buyer. During last year's painful Pike arc, I thought maybe he(Pike) would turn out to be a bad guy and Jane would save Lisbon. But nope. But I digress. I'm really enjoying reading your story-you have the rare ability to write good case fiction and believable character development.
half agony and hope chapter 14 . 3/7
I absolutely adored this story (as I was expecting, since I love all your other work). You're totally right in that Persuasion really seems to fit Jane and Lisbon. Also, the letter was pure perfection. The letter was beautifully written, and I loved how Jane presented it to her in origami form. It seemed so fitting for them.
Thank you for this story! As an immense Jane Austen and The Mentalist fan, it was an immense pleasure to read.
Oh my, do you remember writing this? This is painfully close to the Pike story arc. I've been reading old stories to pass the time, and just came across this, so I don't know how you resolve this. I can't wait to see how close this is to what aired last year.
Sssssy chapter 14 . 12/13/2014
Persuasion est mon livre préféré de Jane Austen et j'avoue que ton adaptation est une réussite.
Je n'avais pas vu la ressemblance mais depuis que l'équipe de mentalist veut traiter la relation Jisbon à la manière de cet écrivain ... Persuasion est effectivement un très bon choix.
N'hésite pas à en refaire une autre d'adaptation sur un classique de la littérature.
Cela te réussit.
Au plaisir de te relire
Teera chapter 14 . 9/14/2014
I discovered this tale just now but I've to say that's already one of my favorites. It really is well written and follow well the lines of Jane Austen's novel. That was a wonderful idea and could totally suit the characters if the story hadn't turned a totally different way. But on a thing you certainly have been right; it took Jane to be two years away from Lisbon for him to realize his true feelings for her and what an idiot he could be sometimes.
I really enjoy your writing and how you stayed in character for most of them (I don't quite see Madeleine Hightower the way you see her but that's only my point of view and not quite relevant whats-o-ever so...)
All in all a really catching reading so thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and share them with the world (I'm actually french, people seems don't realize that what's written in English is actually read everywhere in the world; or better they knows that when they see a publicity or watch a movie but never add two plus two when their work is concerned).
I'm sorry I'm not on the fanfiction site but if you ever want to talk to me there's my e-mail address: . (I've come to like you from what you let see of your personality on your writing or on your notes so I would be really happy if I could come to know you better)
Thanks for your time again and good luck for your next projects if you have some.
See you soon I hope
MichaellaD chapter 2 . 8/26/2014
Okay, you are like my twin when it comes to Austen preferences.
Although personally I think the Mentalist is more like Sense and Sensibility (with Van Pelt being Marianne).
Sarah chapter 14 . 8/4/2014
Absolutely fantastic story. I am a huge Jane Austen fan as well as all the classics you did an excellent job and it was just like the book persuasion is my second favourite the LETTER gets me everytime. pride and prejudice is my ultimate favourite and I think a mentalist story in the form of that would work well. I for one would love it. Lisbon is just as fiesty as Elizabeth and Patrick Jane is just Darcy with blonde hair that's what I think everytine I watch an episode. would you consider writing a story on that basis as u did a fantastic job on this one. pleeeease :)
LouiseKurylo chapter 14 . 2/16/2014
Nice story, nicely told. Warm. Comforting. Wish fulfillment for all us Mentalist fans (or should I say Jisbon fans?). Thank you for several hours of pleasure.
LouiseKurylo chapter 2 . 2/16/2014
Beautifully set up. You very convincingly paint the perspective of Jane and Lisbon, and how different their views and intent. Excellent. Thank you.
Deceptively Sane chapter 14 . 11/4/2013
Well, looks like I have a new book to add to my list of things to read. This story was amazing. Had you not said anything, I would have had no idea this was loosely based on a pre-existing plotline. Persuasion really does fit the Mentalist well.
chadairuler chapter 14 . 7/29/2013
It was beautiful. I loved it. Grreat job!
chadairuler chapter 2 . 7/28/2013
Why is this so sad :c :c
annarebekka chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
I genuinly loved that story, I can't even drescribe how it made me feel, everything about it was just perfect, the writing, the plot and the charaterization of the characters - it was just amazimng and easily one of my favourite mentalist stories of all times!
annarebekka chapter 2 . 5/6/2013
I just started and I'm already loving it, just as every other one of your stories!