Reviews for To Heal and Rebuild
TheReinbachDragonlord chapter 1 . 1/24
Holy mother of god. I mean, sure I've thought about some aftermath of certain episodes, but for some reason never this one, and I just...Wow. Like seriously, at first I had the tiniest sense of "this is out of character," but holy shit I was wrong. It took me a split second to see it, but we've just never fully seen this side of Shawn and it's just so freaking in character and I cannot express my love for this fic. The only other thing I can say, is that this is SO going on my rec page.
Ash9 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Oh, thanks for this one! You've thought this through so well, what Shawn would be feeling and thinking. I hadn't even thought about him wanting to run to protect everyone else, but it's so true. He would. I just wish you could keep going and come up with your own concluding chapter to the trilogy. The show on was a little weak, I thought...
ChuckNorrisLeftFist chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I love it!

You get in some really fascinating turns of phrase and concepts that are still in character for Shawn's perspective and the others' reactions are all very realistic.
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I really, really like this. It feels so true to the show-it has the right tone of lightness and angst, just so perfectly woven together. In my mind, this is what happened afterward. Because it just feels so right.
EriKaBalDeL chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
loved it!
iLoveRomance2o11 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I am absolutely in love with this story! It was really good at portraying Shawn's charecter and all of his emotions relating to everyone else. Really amazing work(:
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
I don't read tags very often as I find they're usually slightly "off" from the feel of the episode. However, I have to say, you captured the essence of MYP perfectly. You're writing is beautiful and flows so easily. Every single character is so amazingly in character and I can see each and every one of them reacting as you have written them here. Truly, truly a masterpiece. You have beautifully mixed the ongoing tension with the relief that the hellish night is over, knowing that there will inevitably be another hellish night to come. You've maintained the drama-comedy balance of two Yin-Yang episodes - much more drama with a dash of comedy - perfectly. Well done.
whendocloudssleep chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
This was amazing. Yes I know that you were going for optimism, and you prevailed, but it was also heart-breaking (I had tears in my eyes) and wonderful.

The odd thing is that, after the finale there were so many fics that had the same kind of feeling to them, and this one set itself aside and said "This is something different! Read me!"
SolsticeEquinox chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Wow, this is the best episode tag I've read for Mr. Yin Presents. The characters were so wonderfully in character. I love that you made Jules strong in this tag. Most of the tags I've read portray her as weak and crying over the fact that she thinks Shawn chose Abigail. I think she would never hold it against Shawn and that she'd be proud of him just like you portrayed her. I love determined and protective Lassie. Gus' loyalty is infallible. The Shawn and Henry scene at the end melts my heart. I'd have to go on and on about how each character is perfectly portrayed. I really see this as more of a missing scene, since I think this is what would happen on the show if they showed the aftermath of that day's events. (They should have you write the episode ;) ]Thank you so much for writing this one-shot. You're an excellent writer and I'm looking forward to reading more stories from you.
jediyam chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
so good, love all the emotions!
fkdsla chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Beautiful story. I loved the yin/yang eps and was wonderfully grateful to see this; I hate all the jules central episode tags; it should be about shawn considering yin made the game just for him. Good work!
Militant Delusionalist chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I love you! Since the Mr. Yin episode I've been DYING for a piece like this. I've read a few, but nothing seem to sooth me like this one. I'd hope that they would address some of these issues on the show, but if not I'll thankfully have your fic. All the characters were wonderfully in character. I'm also very happy that you didn't turn this into a chapter fic because it flows much better as one chapter. Great vibe throughout the whole thing. I loved it!

-militantdelusionalist
Marin55 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Aww, this was sweet. I always love whumpage. I can't lie, I don't mind that Abigail isn't featured here because she never brought anything to the story, IMO. I do like the part with Shawn and Chief Vick. Nice story all around. :)