Reviews for Of Guns and Chrysanthemums
Eternal Abyss 59 chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Aww this was so cute and I felt bad for Reds mother :( because now that I think about it it's true :/ but this was too adorable the end was my favourite part XD I just had to review this story is too good not to :)
dragoncreators chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I really loved this, She really is a good mother. Red is awesome, as always. In my stint as Red in Red Version, I was the grinding queen before I knew what it was. My bro completed the game three times as fast as me because my pokemon were all evolved, I caught all of them, and picked up all the items with Itemfinder (which took FOREVER)... After that I did a second run only with glitches to catch pokemon that needed to be traded and Mew (Only at a tournament!? No fair!)

My Pokemon were all at lvl 100, my ten main ones at least. I demolished Lance and Mewtwo. It was fun.

I like the Mom, she healed me a lot.
Asuna-chan17 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I adore this story. I scrambled through my memory trying to re-find it, and the search bar didn't help. Ha! But I'm so I happy I was finally able to add it to my favorites. Because this IS my favorite poke-Fic.
yootena chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Wow! Explaining Red's lack of vocal expression in the games by making him mute is a great idea you've thought of. Also, this was so accurate and human and real. I love, love, loved it! Great job! :)

kopycat101 chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
This was a very pleasant read.

Sometimes, some may wonder of what Red went through on his own. I mean, we go through the path he traveled in the games, but we don't REALLY know how Red HIMSELF went through it all.

And it's very interesting to hear it from the observations of the mother, who is often over-looked and sometimes even completely forgotten in the games.

This story really does explain much, and it seems very close to what could happen in cannon.

In my mind, this fic actually happened, because it just seems so plausible.
Kamen Disguise chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Liusa-The-Wandering-Maniac chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
THAT WAS SO COOL! I love your stories! They're amazing! Hey, is Red really mut, or did you just make him mute in your story? I don't know much about him, so...
RunningwithWolves11 chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Well, this is certainly a unique way to look at things. I never really thought of the main characters as actually being 'mute', but this was a wonderful take to read. Not to mention, I enjoyed hearing all of your pokemon puns(hah, Lady Gligar) lol.

You're grammar was wonderful and I think you did a very good job making the characters sound exactly like a worried mother, especially since you didn't have a name for her.

All in all, I think you've done a really good job for this. It explains many odd things that occur in the game. Someone should totally do a whole story on Red's journey with him being mute, I think that would be interesting.
Ocean Starfly chapter 1 . 7/20/2010

It's absolutely amazing how you interpreted 'silent protagonist' and did it all from Red's Mom's point of view. And, haha, I agree, you never say anything in the games but everyone apparently reads your mind! Also, this is just plain really well written and you did a good job even without using a name for Red's Mom at all. I can't express how awesome you did! The whole feel of it, even grammar, everything! Keep up the good work, I would love to see more!
kaori kuni chapter 1 . 7/10/2010

And yeah, who wants a nameless mother?

The funny puns are awesome, specially the mudkip's one. I liek mudkips!

The DragoniteForce on I didn't understad D: I bet is funny as the mudkip one.

Loved the mother's POV, specially the "He's ..., someone will..." That's very mother-like, very realist.

And Red is a very bad kid. He didn't go see his mother, and he even went to Mt. Silver! Bad bad.

I agree with the "You should have like seven more years with the guy" part. Like... he's effin eleven! (And then he have the part of a eleven year old kid going into a Casino... nevermind, I better not get started in this topic) If he was at least fifteen I'd believe it...

Also, the same happens to me when the NPC's somehow figure out your name. Unless Red had his I.D card clipped on somewhere visibly they shouldn't know my effin name. I'm like "What the efff? You ...telepath...asdf I don't want you to know my name"

I think instead of () you should put the text in between comas of something. I dont like them.

Firestar6546 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
This makes a lot of sense, actually, and it's a really good explanation for the whole "silent protagonist" thing. And not only did you proved a reason for that, you also made a brilliant story out of it with lots of emotion. I really had tears come to my eyes when Red was leaving home. :)
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I can't believe this only has one review. This is fantastic stuff right here! I loved your explanation of the silent protagonist.

I also liked your end notes. I think it's hilarious how in the world of Pokemon people want the kid out of the house at eleven/ten.

You did a great job! :D
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Oh wow this is really good, I mean I always figured the game's "silent protagonist" thing was more of your character saying things that you don't get to see, like the Copy Cat in HeartGold (and I think LeafGreen too...humor me, I don't have a lot of Pokemon games)will repeat what Red/Gold/Leaf/Kotone are apparently saying.

But hell, this is BETTER. XD Props to you for doing a story from the nameless mom's point of view no less. Great work!