Reviews for to tame a champion
bradsan11 chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
First: it's Tara and not Terra.
second: great story
third: this one in in a need off something more. I was hoping for a story where Ares and Buffy will meet again and maybe him helping her defeat the First. Ares loves a good fight.
I can't see Ares leave her without taking some peek once in a while.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Cool, Wonder if they'll meet again and where did Ares go off to.
gottaloveva chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I desperately hope that you decide to continue this! :) it's awesome! :)
SailorNova007 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
hope you update this soon
Jenn083 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
omg. I love this concept. What could be a better pairing than our favorite slayer and the god of war?! I cant believe there arent more stories like this out there. Please tell me you plan on finishing this story...
Azera-v chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Please update this story! The pairing is awesome!
Ttb chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Where is chapted 2? I'm really curious about where this is gonna go.
DeborahBee chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I love this chapter. I say chapter because I hope you turn it into a series. ;) chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Love this story! It would be awesome if you continued it!
Draegan88 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
*poke* Update?
Harlequin Shadow chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Love you're story so far. I'd really like to read more. Please update!
The Littlest Winchester chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Please continue! I read this ages ago (aka last year) and spend a month trying to find it again because it was so damn good! Please write more!
Rayne StarDust chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I like it! Really curious as to where you'll take this one.
Argyle Butterfly chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
This story is very entertaining. When I noticed your posting I was very pleased as there is a distinct lack of Ares/Buffy pairings and I really hope you continue it.

Just be cautious of spell check errors “Terra” instead of “Tara” and “Creator” instead of “Curator”.
FuzzyLeaf chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I think this is a great start to the xover. So much so that I look forward to more chapters. Once reading this I've realized there's a sad lack of Ares/Buffy stories. Biggest mistake I've seen is you spelled Tara's name as Terra. Other than that not too shabby. A bit of polishing up would help, and perhaps a lightly more obvious separation (like an extra blank space) between scenes would be helpful. Sometimes having a chapter dedicated to only one, fleshed out, scene is useful in that. It's easier to not get lost that way.

Pregnancies somewhat varies for each person. They say it's 9 months but really it's 10 as it's supposed to be 40 weeks. For myself the first signs I had was the increased bathroom trips for urination, and increased hunger. I just knew something was off, and got myself tested at the doc's office (most ob/gyn will test you for free) The first test turned out to be a week too early as trace amounts of the hormone showed, so they had me re-tested a week later which confirmed it.

Morning sickness can happen at any time of the day, but some, like me, only have nausea and never throw up. Some women have odd cravings, some do not. And some women, well, each pregnancy goes different.

1st trimester docs often give an internal ultrasound (with a condom covered wand) to verify you are indeed pregnant, how many, etc. Babies are tiny, but you can usually see the heartbeat then. And by around week 13 you can hear the heartbeat with a monitor at a check up. And around week 20 via ultrasound, if you're lucky, you get too see the baby's gender. You're also usually showing by then. 1st half babies grow pretty much at the same rate. Second half, is where the size starts to vary, hence different sized babies. When you first feel movement it's more like butterfly wings, before it moves up too being able to feel from putting your hand on the belly. And pregnant women do need to sleep more as well. (They are making life from scratch after all)

First time labor is often the hardest. You're prone to braxton hicks contractions before labor really begins. They aren't as painful but most first time moms are confused by them. As for me I had three full blown contractions an hour for two weeks before I was considered in "full on" labor. You can't ignore them, you stop in your tracks when they happen. They radiate from the pelvis up, even in the back and I swear you feel it in your eyeballs. Generally hospitals take you in if you have at least 4 an hour, and if your water breaks (as you're prone too infection once it's broken) From there how long it takes varies, but again the first labor usually takes the longest. (I went in the eve of the 7th, but didn't have my kid until the middle of the day in the 8th) and average pushing time, especially the first time, from what I've heard is 2 hours.

If you've any other questions, uh, just ask. It's been years since I was pregnant but... I'm more than happy too answer questions. Especially if it gets your muse flowing. :3