Reviews for Gutters
BeebopKat chapter 20 . 2/3
I'm crying, I'm in absolute tears and the worst part is that while I was reading this I was listening to a song called Ingan Kommer Undan on replay, it's a Swedish song and a top on my personal favorites list but here are the english lyrics:
Ten days are left, hope you have
Bought a ticket to the moon
No one shall save you now, soon it will end
Hide in the basement
No one gets away, not even in Sweden
Four days until you, me and your wife
And your pet is gone
Call and say 'sorry', hugging and crying
Keep your child in hand
Fort, dig a pit
Hope and faith, even if no help
All the money you saved, you will soon
Never able to waste

I'm happy that they got to spend that one last night together, I really am and I'm happy to see that they aren't just going to forget his death; that mailbox and the letters is a really amazing idea. And yes, I do like the Sjælland idea and the fact that he kept the dog toy that Denmark gave him, it's heartwarming. One of the things that really made me cry was the fact that Denmark passed away when things were just about to really get better, the air was becoming cleaner, they were all going to go to America together and find a cure, if he had only been able to keep kicking for a bit more he might have made it.
Once again I want to compliment this story to the utmost high point, it's beautiful and I'm about recommend it to all of my buddies, this story doesn't even have to be a fan fiction to be considered good.
I'm excited to see the next part and I'm actually going to reread this chapter and the last for those last feels.
BeebopKat chapter 14 . 2/2
I want to say that your work is beautiful, I love how you display the characters. I'm honestly surprised you've never written for America before because you are very spot on, 99.7% spot on. Especially with his attitude and really it reminds me of the fact that America is a country based off of Nomads, he may not know where he is but he's going somewhere and he has a place to be, as a child from a partially Nomadic family I say that it's quite perfect.
As I'm reading this I'm on an emotional choo choo train. One moment I'm on the verge of tears, the next I'm smiling but all the while I'm worrying about Denmark. I'm terrified that he's going to pass away and leave Peter all alone and when he's alone what will he do? How will he go about survival, I have a feeling he wouldn't give up because there's a chance that the rest of his family is alive. Yet even still where are they and gosh I'm rambling.
All in all your writing is stunning and hitting me hard. Here's to a sleepless night, dedicated to your writing.
flyneza chapter 20 . 2/2
this is so emotional, sad, tragic, but powerful! i'm cryinnngggggg
this is flawless!
I hope there's another series with different POV, like for the Asians, Africans, South Americans, about England and Sealand, Russia, Japan and China. But the last time you updated was in 2012. so...
Utheniniel1576 chapter 20 . 1/31
Wow, that was probably the best story I have read in a long time. The plot was not only amazing, but your writing is as well. In a short 20 chapters I was able to connect to both Peter and Mattias, and by roughly chapter 18 start tearing up at the possibilities of endings. When Denmark actually died, It was pretty incoherent sobbing while trying to power through the chapter. I love when I cry reading stories, cause it shows how truly well written it is, and in my own opinion it's a sign of a good story. Loved how you portrayed all the characters, and while I'm still worried/curious as to what happened to Prussia, honestly that's probably the least on my mind. God, I originally found your story after going on YouTube and watching an AMV, and people in the chats kept talking about how it reminded them of your story, and how horribly saddening it was. I couldn't resist, and I have no regrets. Beautiful job!
StarrySkies3333 chapter 20 . 1/30
and i liked this its amazing those feels though
jessio chapter 20 . 1/29
I can't find you on tumblr. This story is going to leave me sadly happy/happily sad for the rest of the week! LIKE THIS STORY IS SO GOOD BUT IT'S LIKE SO SAD! WHY YOU DO THIS TO US?
jessio chapter 17 . 1/29
YES YES YEEEEEESSSS! I hope you heal to perfect health (wow, I sound like a game or something)! I'll follow you on tumblr.
jessio chapter 16 . 1/29
WHY? THERE ARE FOUR CHAPTERS LEFT, THERE HAS GOT TO BE A HAPPY ENDING! I know, I know, it's kind of childish but I love happy endings. Who doesn't?
jessio chapter 14 . 1/29
I meant what I said before. This story is like, famous in our fandom, and for good reason , it's got a great plot line and yeah, it's a good idea, it's well written, and it's a great story in general. It's so sad though! This is all in my opinion, though, and everyone is entitled to their own.
jessio chapter 12 . 1/29
PLEASE PLEASE ~PLEASE~ LET THIS HAVE A HAPPY ENDING I NEED A HAPPY ENDING I MEAN SO MANY CHARACTER DEATHS AND WAY MORE CHARACTER INJURIES AND STUFF THIS ~NEEDS~ A HAPPY ENDING SERIOUSLY THIS STORY IS KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FANDOM
Sarah chapter 20 . 1/22
I've never cried after reading a sad book or watching a sad movie. I cry about pretty much everything else. But knowing that the characters aren't real keeps me from being upset. I cried after I finished this. Thank you
Elaxne chapter 1 . 1/15
lmao ,, i read this half a year ago on wattpad between 12am-6am in one whole sitting and i'm still not ready to reread it. this was fucking godly
painxsmile chapter 20 . 1/10
Omygad fck u so much my eyes hurt from crying. It's heartbreakingly beautiful. The story started start and it ended still dark but with a bit of light and humour. Thank you for sharing this, I absolutely love it and it's one of the most beatiful gem in Hetalis fandom.
HoneyMomijiTheHobbit chapter 20 . 1/9
I really like this story! Having the countries trying to survive each day in a post-apocalyptic world is really an interesting idea. It still makes me wonder how things went for our dear Asian countries and the few unmentioned European and African countries though.. and of course Australia, New Zeeland and all the other micronations. Especially Ladonia, since he's a internet country...

Anyway, this is really well written, thank you for sharing this with everyone! :D
jessio chapter 2 . 1/4