Reviews for The Things They Cling To
YuniX-2 chapter 6 . 12/14/2010
That is so how my big brother would act if he were passing a tradition on to me. Its like the time he wouldn't let me go back inside until I learned how to run some football play right. It was the middle of February, I was so cold, the jerk. Haha, I can totally see Gerald doing something like that to poor Timberly.
loonytunecrazy chapter 10 . 10/16/2010
Exllcent ending nice idea insight into Arnold parents and Helga at the end
loonytunecrazy chapter 9 . 10/16/2010
Exllcent and emtional chapter here
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 10 . 10/16/2010
Excellent scenes with all the different points of view.

Azure129 chapter 10 . 10/15/2010
That was just...okay, the Helga and the Gerald ones were well done, as usual...the Phil/Gertie one was sweet and sad but also hopeful...but the Miles/Stella one...

I literally think that is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read in regards to this series.

Like, EVER.

People always write about Arnold missing his parents-a lot of it's really great and does a lot of awesome stuff with characterization and it's wonderful...But you really don't see people writing Miles and Stella that often...it's a unique angle. And the way you did it was...okay, how can I put this. Like, I wanted to cry the entire time, but they were so hopeful that I couldn't help but feel hopeful too and somehow it made it all okay in the end.

Really, just...REALLY well done the-lionness. Beautiful.

Thank you!

~Azure129 aka Jenna :)
angievzz chapter 10 . 10/15/2010
awww, they will see him again ;D
Azure129 chapter 9 . 10/11/2010
Another very well done exploration of a psychological and emotional aspects of one of my favorite characters ever :) And completely don't apologize for 'violating canon'-I mean, HA has the very unique situation of having a canon ending that was never actually made, so it's technically in flux and subject to a lot of interpretation and reworking in my opinion :) And anyway regardless of all that I think you did a really great job bringing The Journal another step forward. Arnold going through all of that disappointed hope and secret desperation while trying to live his life and not let the people around him see how much he's hurting-very much how he would handle the situation. I liked it. A lot :)

Thanks!

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 9 . 10/10/2010
Whoa... this is quite good.

loonytunecrazy chapter 8 . 9/19/2010
Moveing and emtional chapter great insight into Bob's past bere
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 8 . 9/18/2010
Great chapter. Yeah, Bob loves Olga because she is achieving everything he and Miriam couldn't.

Keeep the good writing.
Azure129 chapter 8 . 9/17/2010
Brilliant. Seriously, this had such an expert degree of characterization and character analysis in it. In fact, I think it might be my favorite one shot in this series by far :) You definitely succeeded in taking Bob from a 'bad guy' and showing the grey area with him-how he's not just a blowhard and uncaring for no reason, even if that doesn't excuse it...but how there's a real set of reasons for his behavior.

Also loved how you incorporated canon stuff with his 'Baba', and especially the little bit you threw in about Arnold 'noticing' Helga. Nice touch ;)

Thank you!

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
Heh, very good one. Yeah, Helga and Phoebe are kinda simbiotic.

Azure129 chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
Love the analysis of the friendship between Phoebe and Helga! Very well done and very in characte! And it's true-on the outside it may look like Phoebe's just Helga's lacky but in reality there's a deeper, more complicated (and more reciprocating) thing going on between them. I really like that you chose Helga as Phoebe's thing to cling to :)

Thanks and I can't wait to read the next ones!

loonytunecrazy chapter 7 . 8/26/2010