Reviews for AU5: On Serenity
saiyasith1 chapter 17 . 10/20/2013
Awwww. Jenny and Jack. Well done, well done! I really liked this one. I love Serenity. You made a wonderful planet there. And the Doctor's bananna trees, lol! Fantastic!
timano chapter 17 . 10/20/2010
This is quite frankly the best explain-Jack's-memory-loss story I've ever read! 10 stars out of 10. No, it's better than that-25 stars!
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 17 . 7/29/2010
YAY! -hugs Jenny and Jack- Oh, the Doctor'll have a fit, but hey, maybe three centuries did Jack good, yeah? Made him better for her.

Or maybe not.

Oh, who knows? :D
Dreamcatcher56 chapter 17 . 7/29/2010
another great story in your series and such a wonderful ending. especially liked Jack coming back to his soul-mate!
Dreamcatcher56 chapter 14 . 7/26/2010
so loving this story - thanks for sharing.
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 11 . 7/21/2010
Oh, I use Wikipedia too - the rest I pick up from fanfiction, or episodes when I actually have the time... I discovered Doctor Who for the first time, yikes, must've been two months ago? About three days before Flesh and Blood first aired on BBC America, whenever that was.

That short/long already?

Coulda sworn Blinovitch WAS mentioned in there... Guess I was wrong...

Uh-oh. See, this is the -fun- bit... /winces/ Reapers. JOY.

. Fun fun fun story!
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 10 . 7/21/2010
Great cliffhanger.

AMAZING speech. Abso-bleeding-lutely BRILLIANT!
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 9 . 7/19/2010
Really, you'd never heard the Blinovitch bit before? Was back in Father's Day, S1... :D Glad to've helped.

NINE! /grins, glomps/ Oh, that's just adorable. Of course, it'll be kind of hilarious because we just KNOW that at some point he'll say "allons-y" all Northern-like and everybody will just look at him like ehhhh? XD

Brilliant use of shimmer. I approve!
Rodney Dobson chapter 8 . 7/18/2010
You said elsewhere that re-writing a TV episode was a challenge. My first reaction to this story was that you were testing your powers of invention, like an athlete setting the bar or fence higher all the time. Now I'm beginning to wonder if you are acting as a trainer making the rest of us jump higher and higher. If I break my neck I shall ghost-write reviews using the flames from my immediate surroundings.

The only way I can deal with it is to draw flow charts of the various character's stream(s) of consciousness: mentally anyway and I can well imagine that this sort of thing would informally be called 'zen physics' (tho' I wonder if it was so called in the official curriculum). What bothers me most at the moment is how a regenerated Jenny can remember Brandon 'cos in her universe he would never have been born: and whilst the Doctor has hinted at numerous nexuses I still can't see how they all got there - or how some of them even existed.

Still, I trust you to enlighten us. Preferably soon before my brain overheats.

Does this all sound like a complaint? Believe me, it isn't. My main reaction at present is - isn't time-travel FUN.
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 8 . 7/17/2010
Two Jacks.

I can't tell you what I'm thinking right now. /grins/ Awesome. Blinovitch is having a field day.
Dreamcatcher56 chapter 7 . 7/16/2010
oh boy - how is jenny going to react and will jack remember her. good story.
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 7 . 7/16/2010
...Eh?

(You know, that's the first review I've given for this fic that hasn't started with "ooh." Didn't realize that until I went and looked... Weird. :D)

And it's Jack. That IS messy. /cackles/
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 6 . 7/16/2010
Ooh, TWIST! And bonus points for the Jenny/Jack shippers! (Not one of them, but I'm not against the pairing, that's for certain... :D)

Brilliant. Love it! :D Bring on the paradoxiness! Wait... -mortal- Jack, or Jack as we know and love? Hmm~...? Maybe this is his two-years-lost thing? Could be, could be...

Oh, there are SO many ways you can play this! /cackles/
Rodney Dobson chapter 5 . 7/14/2010
Oh, you are really having fun, aren't you?

Jack does not feature largely (at all?) in either of your universes. But canon is that he is a "fixed point" (complete with images of rocks in streams) and as such he "feels wrong" to DW. By having your time lords impervious to the creation of a new parallel universe you are getting a bit close to making them similarly fixed points. Mind you, that could explain a lot of their social history.

Presumably there was a pivotal event during Jenny's war with big business. But, in her personal time line, this was before she rescued the Doctor: when she turned up over the mirror affair she had not regenerated but she had rescued him. If she didn't do that trip then neither Rose nor Brandon should be around (I grant that he has disappeared but Rose is still there because she is already bonded): I am not sure if Joshua should be there and anyway no baby Tardis...and yet Corin is telling this story to his parents in Baby (o.k. like your archivist this tells us of eventual success, but...)

I firmly believe that your ingenuity matches your writing skills but I am REALLY looking forward to your way around all the potential paradoxes.

P.S. My eyebrows got stuck in my hairline at the mention of "zen physics": but so far, you don't need anything so exotic. Spoilers?
YamiNoTomoyo chapter 4 . 7/12/2010
Ooh... Cliffie. And love the house!