Reviews for From the Ashes
Schwann chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Interesting. I like this, especially how the eclipse made him think. I always thought that after the eclipse and Zuko's monologue and redirection of lightening, that Ozai wasn't quite as whole. Nowhere near Azula level, obviously, but more like it was one strike too many, so he cut all losses and pushed forward. And in this, he's not distracted by Zuko, so he thinks, and thinks, and then Azula... it was a nice touch.

Can't wait to see more, if you're up to continuing it. I doubt he'd ever turn into a real father to Zuko, but... at least he could stop being a monster. And with the fact that as he's dying, it's Iroh urging him up, and Ursa, while others are bitter...
RandomReader chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Please, please, though I know it's been a long time since you submitted this story, please try to write another chapter! The subject of this fanfiction is really good and the idea is very interesting, plus I really like fanfics which explore the relationship Ozai has with Zuko. One of the advantages of fanfictions is that you're the one who pull the strings of the stories, and I really would like to see how you move the strings of this one, how this "incident" will change the relationship Ozai has with Zuko or if it will change more than just that. Besides, I have some questions, like: Will Ozai die? Will Zuko fight or challenge Azula to an Agni Kai to protect his father, or will he simply watch? Will Ozai change his mind about Zuko after this (if he survives or during his agonizing hours)? How will this end? Curiosity it's too strong for me, and you left the story in a critic point with Zuko's apparition. So please...Try to write a new chapter. Not only for me, but for all the anonymous readers like me and the people of fanfiction who also desire to see how it continues.

Thank you so much for your attention :3
Jess chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Nice story, hope you update soon
creepingshadow chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Really great story! I like how you gave Ozai "humanity" and it is intresting to see how this changes Zuko's relationship with his son, assuming Ozai lives. (which I hope he does I'm a fan of Ozai-Zuko fics.)
WingedAngel96822 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Nicely done! It sounds like Ozai is finally gonna actually care for Zuko. Update soon!
Lady Dragon chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
You have an interesting premise here and I would like to see it continued out. Zuko was all set to join the Avatar, but how would his father actually needing him change that? It will be interesting to see where you take it from here.
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
It's good story and if you continue it, it would be interesting to see where it goes.
Kylip chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Nicely done! Will you continue this?
EbonyKittyCat552 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I think this idea is very fascinating and I would love to see where this goes. I hope you decide to continue it even if it isn't Final Fantasy *grins*

EbonyKitty
Keeper-of-the-Cheese chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Yay! I really like it so far! I will be very interested to see where you decide to take this!

Keeper-of-the-Cheese
Hyperactive Lioness chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I hate Azula, too. This was really well written; update soon!

-Hype
KiwiGuy2010 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Heh I think the problem is that the villains in Avatar are all pitiable. Azula actually moreso than Ozai, given the way she was raised. Ozai was just a jealous younger brother, Azula a tortured child.

I like this story, it's very dark. Zuko's appearance at the end was probably too late. I highly doubt Ozai could survive, not after losing that much blood.

It's nice that you have Ozai wanting to speak to his brother. I give this thumbs up :)
PastaSentient chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Awesome chapter so far! keep up the great work!