Reviews for Staying Silent
Finally a book that has no oc girls going to camp Green lake
Ben Barrett chapter 14 . 1/31/2015
I loved this. It has very few comments, which is a shame. This is a great take on the original story. I like very much that you not only wrote it through the eyes of Zero (sorry, ahem, Hector) but that you kept it in character and gave an explanation for the hostility between Hector and Mom. Oh, and that Twitch cleaned Pedanski's clock is awesome. I always liked Twitch even though he was only a very minor character.

Now that the praise is finished, I do have a couple of criticisms. For one, I would have liked to have seen some interaction between Hector and Pedanski. Maybe an unpleasant confrontation of some kind. You added a few tidbits like the other boys gossiping about how they think Stanley was giving Hector, hemhem, 'favors' in return for his help. An addition between Hector and the camp pedo would have added a lot to the tension and would have given you a chance to explore the situation in depth.

Also, the chapters were incredibly rapid. You jumped from scene to scene at blinding speeds, almost as if you were in a hurry. This seems to be the case, as it was published one day and finished the very next day. You posted 14 chapters in a twenty four hour window. This story clocks in at just over thirteen thousand words while the original story covered the same sequence of events from Stanley's point of view and it filled a book. A greater attention to detail and a less rapid pace would have been really beneficial to this.

But those are really the only criticisms I have. I hope I have not offended you. One thing I try not to do is leave useless comments like, 'Wow, that was teh roxxorz. Please update soon.' I try to say something useful.

Anyway, good luck, and good work.

Cheers.
DrunkOnMusic chapter 14 . 6/3/2014
AWWWW! I love it! ZERO & STANLEY FOREVER! 3
sunshineg9 chapter 14 . 2/2/2014
Haha. I love it. That last line got to me though.
Guest chapter 14 . 8/25/2012
This was a nice little story and that guy was a creep looking person in the movie
Galenchia chapter 14 . 8/14/2012
Just watched the movie version of Holes again recently with a friend, and was itching for some writing! Thanks for scratching that for me. ;D
Becca chapter 14 . 3/16/2012
LOVE IT! It was awesome. And besides there Is soooooo not fics enough for this pairing! hurrah to you for this one.

Love

Becca
cassy1994 chapter 14 . 3/14/2012
that was a really good take on the story
Mus4u chapter 14 . 1/9/2012
Very lovely story. Particularly respected the fact that the sexual abuse was fade-to-black and background. Left room to focus on Hector and the rage inside of him.
yasu-cat-girl chapter 14 . 12/20/2011
plez tell me theres more! this is really good. pleaz keep writing
I Am Surrounded chapter 14 . 8/28/2011
Very cute ending.
I Am Surrounded chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
Poor Hector.
AceyJacey chapter 14 . 8/14/2011
Awwww what a cute story 3 Hector/Stanley is one of my favourite pairings and you showed that so sweetly. Thanks for a great read :D
yoyo wizard chapter 2 . 3/11/2011
no offense but that wasnt the best ive seen, good, yes but you should see Nytd and her stories, they are amazing and inspiring. Especially the Memories ofMay series
WolfSong chapter 14 . 3/5/2011
Nice! they are a cute match,eh.

Thanx:)