Reviews for IA: A Prelude to War
Ajedi32 chapter 30 . 3/1
Wow, it's been a while. I'm not sure I remember what's going on at this point, so maybe I'll have to jump back a few chapters, or just start over from the beginning. (Plus there was another Star Wars/Star Trek crossover I was reading which also hasn't been updated in a long time now, so the details of that one and this one are getting all jumbled up in my head.) All in all though, good chapter. This is most definitely an interesting story.
animefan29 chapter 30 . 1/28
How exactly does one adapt to the sheer power output of turbolasers? Increase power to shields and repair operations?
animefan29 chapter 29 . 1/28
That was a pretty powerful chapter. Not to mention the ramifications it will have on negotiations with the Federation.
animefan29 chapter 28 . 1/28
Well that's as good an explanation as any as to why/how the Chiss and Empire of the Hand joined together.
animefan29 chapter 27 . 1/28
What time period does Deanna mean by Dark Ages? Because I would have assumed Star Wars war and politics would be closer to that of Early 20th century, not 8th century.

Still I somewhat wonder if Deanna is forcing herself into a bubble about what the New Republic and Federation mean to one another? Surely she must recognize that the New Republic, the current Empire, and even the Old Republic that preceded them are potentials for what the Federation could become in the future.

I mean the Federation is quite young being only about 250 years old, and small with only 150 member planets and roughly 1000 colonies spread across some 10,000 light years(numbers given by Picard), and even the Vulcans had only been in space for less than 2000 years. Member species are few (compared to the New Republic) and cultures have been able to remain highly distinct because of the time factor involved in traveling. So the question is, what will the Federation be like when it extends across 100,000 lightyears? Has thousands of member worlds and tens of thousands of colonies each with populations a billion strong? When a person could travel to the furthest outlying colony in a day rather than months? And what if the Federation keeps encountering hostile military powers that would be happy to destroy them like the Dominion and the Borg?

Hmm… I suppose the above would fall under Deanna's speculation about whether the Federation was losing its ideals. Still she must realize that the times are changing. The Federation faces destruction at the hands of the Dominion, the threat of extinction by the Borg is still out there, the Romulans are playing power games, there is still so much of the Milky Way left to explore that could be hiding either glorious treasures or even worse monsters, and now that the Federation has contacted the Republic they can't just shut the door on a civilization with over 10,000 years of history behind it, and a level of military might that is unheard of.
animefan29 chapter 26 . 1/28
This could go good or bad for Yates depending on how the Romulons are willing to act.
animefan29 chapter 25 . 1/28
I'm impressed that I didn't hate Fre'lya in this story. Though to be fair he was written so neutral and by the book it was practically like a robot playing him.

Sal-Solo is another character I tend to hate, but his opportunism may be very beneficial for the Federation. And it makes sense to get your foot in first when dealing with an emerging market.

Does the Federation posses a monetary economy in your story? You see multiple references in TNG and DS9 that the Federation doesn't, but you see the occasional argument on the internet that they do.
animefan29 chapter 24 . 1/27
Kre'fey summed up what I felt very succinctly. Not that the conversation wasn't interesting, just that there is a time and a place. Though I suppose it is a little understandable since it I a surviving member of the old order meeting the leader of the new order.
animefan29 chapter 23 . 1/27
Janeway working on Quantum slipstream makes sense. Doubt it will compare to hyperdrives except for short distances.

I am interested in learning more about Jellico's thoughts on the Republic. On the one hand he knows the Dominion is the primary threat, yet he is trying to prepare for a possible Republic invasion. Could that mean he believes that the Republic can defeat the Dominion?

The bit with Ray at the end I hilarious.
animefan29 chapter 22 . 1/27
Puddle Jumper. Nice Stargate reference.
animefan29 chapter 21 . 1/27
Janeway on suspension. Makes more sense than promoting her to admiral.
animefan29 chapter 20 . 1/27
The part with Anderson seemed odd. Not the fact that some people from the Federation are suspicious of the Republic and what joining could mean. Or even that he would jump the gun and start accusing C'baoth right at the start of a meeting. But that he didn't bring any security along with the engineer that he thought would corroborate the claim with proof. Unless diplomatic immunity was in effect.
animefan29 chapter 19 . 1/27
For some reason I love analyses like what Cobouth did. And I like the Imperials outwitting the Kazon even more.
animefan29 chapter 18 . 1/26
Six Kazon vessels against one Imperial Vessel. My money is on the Empire.
The Sithspawn chapter 30 . 1/23
Very surprised and very happy to see an update to this great story!:D

More Borg, huh? Well they're playing with fire now!

Can't wait to see another update, hopefully sooner than last time! And more about the Sumggler and the Maquis, please!

Anyway, update soon please!:D:D:D