Reviews for Stop Pretending
ani chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
this is an amazing story for your first songfic. personally i love it whenever anyone has Ryou stand up to the geek squad, but i love that he's doing it just for himself, not because he's in love with Bakura. like he said, no more being a pawn.

and on top of all that you put in a non-violent confrontation with Bakura. *applause* he comes off a tiny bit OOC, but then he's showing concern for his Yadonushi. even so their interaction is very believable.
Aquilla Moore chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
That was a good songfic, especially for your very first. It's rare to see Ryou's character getting resentful and taking control of the things around him, even with his yami. And about time too. I liked the way you made Bakura react to Ryou. He wasn't pouring his heart out and saying mushy nonsense - that's just not Bakura - he was being honest and comforting his hikari in the way I know he would. And, nice song choice. Keep them coming.
silver ice night chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Not too bad, first fanfiction I've reviewed in a while of course, but all in all not too bad. Its reminding my a little much of an old boyfriend of mine, but as the story went on, one got the sense that Ryou was just sick of being stepped on. Quite well done, a good choice in song for the occasion, perhaps not perfect of course, but under the circumstances well chosen. I wonder what might have happened if you'd have let Yugi and the gang speak, what they might have protested. Although it is true that they do fairly well to exclude him.