Reviews for Nihil Inherit
Bookdancer chapter 8 . 10/22/2014
This was incredible. Really, it was a genius idea, and the Sam!whump that riddled the entire fic was the cherry on top because, as much as I hate to admit it... I really do love it when my favorite characters get whumped (but only when other characters show emotion to the whump... I think I just prefer the comfort part of the hurt/comfort genre more than the hurt, but I love it when the comfort comes about through physical hurt, though mental is okay, too... that being said, this fic had both physical and mental whump, so... 'nough said. And I hope that wasn't too confusing. xP).
Also, about the way that the Impala broke down... I just assumed that it was Cas's doing. Please tell me if I'm wrong, though, because I wouldn't want to make an assumption that wasn't correct.
Another also: I do think that this fic had to end with Sam's death. Like you said, the sacrifice had to be genuine, and by killing Sam... well, I'd say that was pretty genuine.
All in all, this was an amazing fanfic. Even without your author's note, I could tell that a lot of thought had to go into the writing of the story (even more than a regular fanfic, simply because it was time travel and you had to figure out a plausible way to get Sam right back to... well, Rome xD). That being said, the author's note was an excellent touch. When I saw the length of the explanation, I didn't think I'd end up reading all of it, but what can I say... you kept me hooked through all of that, too. :)
So yeah, fantastic job!
Lindelas chapter 8 . 5/11/2014
I just finished reading this one for the second time, and even though i knew what was coming, the ending still prompted actual tears. Its such a painful, but beautifully executed story!
RainbowSkies chapter 7 . 4/9/2014
Oh my god this was amazing- It was such a good twist on the plot and just everything was phenomenal- Sam dying to save the world- it was AWESOME AGH- thank you so much for sharing this with us!
lanri chapter 7 . 3/31/2013
I am a sucker for AUs, and this was one of the best ones I've ever read. I hope some time you'll write some more like it, because this worked really well. It got a bit bogged down with the large amounts of flashbacks, but aside from that it was perfect. And thank you for not being scared of killing Sam. It was definitely the right call.
Riathe Mai chapter 8 . 1/30/2013
I usually avoid stories that worn of Major Character Death like the plague. Why would I want to read something that was going to make me so sad, right? I can't even say what made me break my own rule and read this story. Whatever it was, I am so glad I did. This story was incredible.

Now, for a little confession. This is actually the second time I've read it. The first time was over a year ago when I was lurking. I didn't leave a review then and I should have even if only to say how utterly without words this story left me. And I mean that in a good way. I had just gone on this amazingly emotional journey, and I had to process it before I could hope to talk about it.

The POV and prose was excellent; the timing and flow, perfect. The subtle and not so subtle shift in events, from that one key change in history-what if Dean hadn't made the deal, if he hadn't gone to hell to save Sam-was executed so well. The characters were so real, they could have been plucked right out of the show.

Excellent, excellent story.
Stoneboss chapter 8 . 1/27/2013
Oh my god im crying. This is so beautiful and well done.
Alia-x chapter 3 . 12/4/2012
can't believe this story hasn't gotten more recognition! there's so much shite on here its really hard to find the good ones especially when the best aren't necessarily the most reviewed, glad ive found it though, and i like your style so hoping to go through some more of your work :D
casammy chapter 8 . 9/15/2011
I understand his history but I say that if it happens that sam dies, dean never goes to allow that it should remain dead and of some form to be going to bring it of return
lizzness chapter 8 . 5/23/2011
Your story, just wow. It was so good. I've never been so gripped by a fan fiction. You're writing is superb as well. This is one of the best fics I've ever read. There are not enough compliments. Seriously good stuff. Shame about poor Sammy at the end though. ): and in Dean's arms. Pure brilliance though.
scootersmom chapter 8 . 3/6/2011
This is a great story! I really liked the way you wove and stitched the real story line and the AU line together! What a great talent for story telling you have!

I was very sad to see Sam die tho! I know they were both making the ultimate sacrifice for the world, but for a Sammy lover like me, it was still sad!

Thanks for sharing your story!
BeTrueToThyself chapter 8 . 11/27/2010
*whistles* Let me just say that you know the show's intricacies better than I do. Wow, that was cool. Poor Sammy - just going crazier and crazier - or close enough to it (you know what I mean) - and then wham! Still gotta sacrifice himself. Only this time, Dean has to do more than watch. *whistles again* What a wild ride.
ariex04 chapter 7 . 9/18/2010
This story is really good. I love the premise, and your characterizations, and pretty much everything about it. You did a really wonderful job with it.
Disneymagic chapter 8 . 9/3/2010
So, you said we could ask questions and I have two.

1) What happened to make John break this time when he didn't break the first time around?

2) Yes, why did the Impala not start when Dean needed to make his crossroads deal?

:-) DM
Disneymagic chapter 7 . 9/3/2010
Wow...okay...hmmm...

You left me speachless for a while there and I had to think about your ending to understand how I felt about it. I'm a happy ending kind of girl, but for some reason, this ending felt right to me. I'm surprised by myself on that score. I was wondering how in the world Sam could make Dean kill him and then expect his brother to go off and live happily ever after, but...that's exactly what they both do to each other time and time again - sacrifice themselves and expect the other to be all right with that. I am glad Sam had the chance to redeem himself in your story and you did a phenomenal job!

DM
Disneymagic chapter 6 . 9/3/2010
Yes, It's all becoming clear. Dean has been inadvertantly feeding Sam demon blood, I was wondering how Sam's powers were manifesting without the demon blood and low and behold in was in the potion Dean gave him to stop the seizures. Very clever!

I love the way you have the same events coming to pass even though the way they happen is different. It's brilliant!

DM