Reviews for Shooting Stars
Cowgirl chapter 3 . 1/22/2011
I live this story. My favorite part was when buzz and Jessie kissed and danced with each other. It was sweeeet when buzz spines Jessie.
TifaOuka chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I really like how you use the fireworks as a metaphor of the exciting emotions of love, as well as the personality of some of the characters. This chapter has gotten me interested so keep up with the good work! _
linklover77 chapter 3 . 8/1/2010
This is too cute for words! I love this story so much! Great job! The only thing I wish would've happend in TS3 would have been for Buzz and Jessie to kiss, but then that's kinda what made their relationship sweeter. It's so innocent. Anyway, I'll stop blabbering now. Again, great, great job!
Alien483 chapter 3 . 8/1/2010
Aw, this story was really nice to read, I really liked it. Buzz and Jessie are such a cute couple. I could really imagine the atmosphere with the firework and all that stuff. Maybe I should travel to America at Independence Day to see that. :D

And I liked the way Woody told Buzz that he had to make the first step and Buzz is really cute when he's shy.

Really nice story I hope you'll write more for Toy Story!
Aoi Umi Opallene chapter 3 . 7/30/2010
I KNOW RIGHT about Toy Story 3 being inspirational. :o

I like your fanfic a lot! I love how you brought out Moody Jessie, but then didn't let her wallow in it for very long. Just a perfect touch of her characteristic anxiety, enough to allow Buzz to come in and save the day for her. I can totally see that happening. Not sure how I feel about Jessie wishing she aroused Buzz more...hahah, funny, but a little awkward. I'm also a little sad that the toys are thinking romantic love is the best feeling in the world, since in the movies it's established that being played with by a kid is the ultimate feeling. I think of their child-love and romantic love as maybe "separate but equal" types of feelings.

One little thing that stood out to me is how you characterized Andy's mom and her parenting. She seems like a busy mom with her own set of concerns, just like she did in the movies. I loved that detail. Adorable!

One stylistic suggestion I have is that you use the standard practice to start a new paragraph when the character who is talking/doing something switches. I was a little confused in some places about who you were referring to.

But this is a very nice fic, full of awesome in-character dialogue and, dare I say, just plain cuteness. Great job! _
The Reborn Honeybee chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
nice please dont give up on your pokemon stories!i love them!don't delete them!or anything harsh!i love em!
Sora-M-Jigen chapter 3 . 7/23/2010
This was so cute! Awesome fic!
confusednikki24-7 chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
awww that was a really cute story and i enjoyed it!
Scott Billings chapter 3 . 7/19/2010
Very intriguing and romantic. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

One question though, why is it that no one ever says "Hey Jessie, why don't you have any knees?"
virtgrad chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
You captured that first-time lover's awkwardness very well!

I love the dynamic between Woody, Buzz, and Jessie. Woody being the more experienced in romance, not to mention being more free-spirited, is a great “mentor” for Buzz! That just shows how far Woody's come since the first movie. Gone is the jealous self-centered toy, and now we have a true leader who genuinely cares about the well-being of his friends. What really drives this home for me is that rather than trying to micro-manage, Woody just sits back and lets Buzz's and Jessie's relationship run its natural course. Even though Woody never says anything about their relationship in the movie, he's not blind. That cat knows whats up!

Being around a high-energy person like Jessie can either make a more inhibited person like Buzz come out of his shell or become even more withdrawn. I'm glad that he chooses to the former.

I can only imagine that Jessie thinks Buzz is cute now, but when he becomes more confident and starts taking more initiative, she'll find him simply irresistible. Oh, and Jessie wanting his wings to pop out on their own? Naughty, naughty, Jessie *shakes index finger*

Another long-winded review. Doh!
Fizzy Starburst chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
I really enjoyed this final chapter. You really seemed to captured everyone's persoanlity perfectly, and you had excellent grammer :) Great job, and I can't wait for future Toy Story fics from you :D
KeytoDestiny chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
It really amuses me how Buzz goes downright weak to his knees for Jessie. I wonder how he would've acted before he knew he was a toy and still thought he was a Space Ranger. XDD

For whatever reason I enjoy Woody's part the most with his teasing and joking manner. It's just too funny. :33

When Jessie mentions Emily I was sad. Good thing Buzz is there for the rescue, mwahaha!

The fireworks and shooting stars relation to symbolize the story was wonderful~ paints an amazing atmosphere as you read. :'D

The "Maybe next year..." reminded me of when Kenny said "Maybe next time," and that comes as no surprise. XD. That was a great way to end this story! X33

I'm glad you're writing more for Toy Story~ but don't forget about Pokemon too! XDD

Yattas for Buzz and Jess!
MinervaDeannaBond chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Wow, beautiful! What a sweet and perfect ending to such a great story. I love how Buzz and Jessie are so nervous around each other at first, but it's the fireworks that bring them together. I bet they really were seeing fireworks when they kissed!
virtgrad chapter 2 . 7/14/2010
Wow, just...wow!

Buzz's observation from the previous chapter on Jessie's inner and outer beauty says as much about Buzz and it does about Jessie. Also, him being captivated by her simple act of laughing is just beautiful.

Also I liked Woody's observation as to how natural Buzz and Jessie are together. If I had to give a list of words that sum up their relationship, “natural” would be on top. I commented elsewhere that I have an easier time believing that Buzz and Jessie love each other than I do believing that Anakin and Padame love each other in the Star Wars prequels. Pixar doesn't force-feed any aspect of their relationship. More importantly, we don't have to be told that Jessie and Buzz like each other. The movie credits us, the audience, with intelligence. Their romance doesn't overpower the story. Even when Buzz comes on to her in Spanish mode, it's still toned down. It's in perfect balance with other aspects of the film. Their relationship is just a piece to a larger puzzle that comes together to form a beautiful picture. It's trite and cliché, I know. Then again, clichés have their origins in truth.

Even though Toy Story 3 doesn't shove their relationship down our throats, the movie does give us plenty to work with and you worked it! I promised myself that I wouldn't write a long-winded review, but that's what happens when you read a good fanfic. More chapters! More, I say!
MinervaDeannaBond chapter 2 . 7/14/2010
Aw, this is so sweet! I love Buzz and Jessie as a couple; I can't get enough. You've got everyone perfectly in character, especially Woody. The dynamic between him and Buzz is awesome here! And the fluff - awesome! Keep it up, I can't wait for more!