Reviews for The Things that Change Us
taybay9330 chapter 25 . 11/14/2011
I know I'm a litle late to the party, but I just wanted to say that this is definitely one of the best fanfics that I have EVER read. The emotions and actions of the boys were so real that you could feel them.
Barranca chapter 25 . 1/14/2011
It's not the end but just the beginning :)

I love what you did with the characters, it made me despair and laugh in turn. There are not many who would understand what Sam has gone through, he's lucky to have Dean there for him. It's a good thing they have the courage to look into themselves and face the truth of what they want and are.
zekeschance chapter 25 . 9/29/2010
What can I say? This was incredible. You had it all in this story. I know you poured your heart into this and it shows. Loved the "three bags full sirs" line. So Dean! You nailed each character, you kept the emotion real, and you kept their relationship true with integrity. Thanks so much. Perfect ending. But, I really sense a sequel. You have to write another one about how Sam fights back Lucifer (and wins of course)and how they get back into hunting. Because we all know, they will always go back! Please? Again, congratulations on an outstanding story!
UpstairsMind chapter 25 . 9/23/2010
Brava, I loved it! 3
LvSammy chapter 25 . 9/23/2010
HOLY CRAP! This was awesome! I couldn't stop reading it. It was so good. Thanks for a great read...LOved every minute of it. Cant wait to read more of your stories. Keep up the great work.
Zara Zee chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
Great conclusion; so full of hope for the future. Loved the way you demonstrated how the characters had grown and changed through their (horrendous!) experiences and also that there is that 'family' core of love, understanding and support that will never change, no matter what!

I'm so jealous of everyone in the US right now! I'll have to get my hands on a copy of S6 Ep1 as quickly as possible, by whatever dubious means I can! :)
DeanCasLover22 chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
I loved the ending and how you tied the title in. :)
emmau chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
Loved this chapter. Great job.

I had to say that first, and now I'll be a little long-winded. I hadn't really considered that Bobby was operating from a place of fear over losing the boys again, but when I read that it just made so much sense. It put Bobby in, for me, the most sympathetic light he's been in in years. He's right, of course, that Sam and Dean are too dependent on each other. You can't just rip a vine off a fence and expect it to thrive, though, Bobby (sorry I couldn't think of a more symbiotic metaphor; that's the one that came to mind first). Still, I really understood his point of view, so that was great.

Speaking of great, I loved Dean and Bobby's conversation. They were able to state their opinions, disagree, and ultimately come to a compromise, like equals. Now, they're going to treat Sam as one as well (with the support he needs, of course. Being an adult doesn't mean that you can need support).

Sam's reasons for his radically changing behavior make perfect sense. Recreating childhood in the face of trauma seems sensible enough, even if your childhood was full of monsters and fights. I'm glad he's going to be taking steps toward adulthood.

I love that Dean was the one to figure out what was going on with Sam. While I would have liked to see the door cracked a little for Lisa and Ben, I think he explained his reasoning very maturely. He's right, of course, that he couldn't be happy knowing Sam was suffering. I'm glad he was able to make the right choice for him. I hope he can receive the support he needs through this situation, too. I'm sure he will. This ending has filled me with optimism.

Thank you for posting this story. I have really enjoyed this and hope to see more from you in the future.
Twinchester Angel chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
Awwwwww! I am sooo gonna miss this story. Thank you so so so much for posting and working so hard on it and seeing it through to the end. This will be one of the stories that I go back and read again like a favorite book. You have written something to be proud of. I'm glad you explained Bobby in the end. I love that guy and I was seriously getting pissed at him! That says something for your writing ability! :D You ended this perfectly! I'm sad to see it done but I love the happy if somewhat damaged ending for the boys and Bobby. I can only hope that when the show ends it ends something like this. Thank you again and I really hope you write another story sometime soon. You write Supernatural and its characters so well. I will be watching! *Big Huge Squeezing Hugs* You enjoy Friday too!
ForgottenNight chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
... Because we are the Breakfast Club. Haha sorry for the old movie reference, but that was what I was thinking in the last few paragraphs, Dean would be proud. But good job on channeling your inner breakfast clubber.

Haha I just now realized that they did the whole speak thing at breakfast XD perfect reference.

I cried at the end. You Are Awesome. I don't cry over much. You rock my hypothetical socks.

We have to continue our conversations, because it would make me really sad if we couldn't. I WILL message you back, but I have to go to work first. Stupid work, messes with all the fun things I could be doing.

Oooh I like a all psychological Dean XD. It's great and kinda hot, but don't tell Sam (or your friend Jared XD) Wow I'm full of old references today.

*sniff sniff, at least we got closer.

You're pretty d mn awesome, and don't you forget it. Love ya girl.

ShortLILPunk chapter 25 . 9/22/2010

I got actual chills when Dean started voicing reason. I have no idea how you managed to pull that off from Dean's mouth, but you did it with flying colors. Everyting he came to the conclusion of, made perfect sense. Bobby was acting like daddy, and Sam was reverting to a place in his mind where he feels safe... hence, teenage Sam. I fucking love him so much lol.

Oh and you were already pulling on my heartstrings from the beginning of this chapter. I can just imagine Sammy curled up on the floor next to Dean's bed just to be close. Dean and Sammy really do have the sweetest brother moments EVER! You know with Dean lifting Sam's head to put a pillow under his head and placing his blanket over Sam... dammit! I wanna live with them too!

Favorite part: ('No thanks. Can I go for a walk?' I asked him.

Bobby looked at Dean. Dean looked at me. I looked at Dean.

'Adult Sam.'

'I'm going for a walk?' I said to him.

'Take your phone.' Dean said a little too fast causing me to laugh. Causing all of us to laugh. He was right; they were all as terrified as I was even if it was in different ways.)

... That part had me laughing my ass off. Dean telling Sam to be an adult and then turning around and telling him to take his cell phone. Dean can't turn off the father/over-protective brother in him even if he wanted to lol. And It is so true what you wrote. They ARE all entertwined and terrified in their own ways.

And finally, you have wrapped it up beautifully. Every conclusion, every thought, was well thought out by you and it completely worked.

Second favorite part: (The things that change us…

'Hold up Sam,' I turned to find my brother jogging up to me. 'Want some company?'

I smiled and nodded, placing a hand on his back.

And the things that don't.)

... I know I just added the ending, but I'm just in such awe with it. Your title was perfectly incorporated into your story, and then perfectly changed with... "And the things that don't." Oh man that was EPIC. Just beautiful.

Well, it's been a fun ride and even though it's been a short time span, I'm going to miss you and your story too. And I know I've said it in the message and I will say it again... this story is a gem and you should feel very proud of it. )
CeCe Away chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
That was a long one, esp. as I read it straight through. Full of brokeness and piecing back together. I really enjoyed Sam's thoughts during the bar scene. Yes, yes, bring yourself back. Nice writing.

Happy Friday. Season 6 yes!
Mythical Element chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
All I got to say is that that was an amazing story. A good scenario of what the main characters could've gone through after Sam's depature and return. Maybe you'll write a sequel of sorts with the boys getting back in the game, even though in the story Dean said they weren't but come on, life's never that easy, especially for the Winchester brothers. Just a suggestion. J
Cainchan chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
wah really great end. I can only say I loved this story. Together dean and sam will make it and with bobbys and deans help, sam will get better. thank you very much that you shared this wonderful story with us. thank you.
T.L. Arens chapter 25 . 9/22/2010
What a spectacular way to end such a good story! (((((((hugs)))))))))) thank you, thank you sooo much for such a well-told tale! I'm EVER SO GLAD you went on this journey and took me with it! -

'But it's not fair on you.'

'Let me decide what's fair on me.' When he didn't reply, I continued, 'Don't take it on. Just know there is nothing more I want than to be here with you. That's all you need to know and I know,' I smiled for him, 'you wouldn't want to deprive me of what I want the most right?'

'You deserve it all though Dean.'

'That's not the way it rolls with us. You should know that by now.'

'Yeah, well, it sucks.'

'That it does little brother.'

I think that right there is the definition of their relationship. Sam wants everything for Dean. Dean is a realist and can be happy if all he has is one thing: his baby brother. I dare the writers of SPN to come as close as you have to their relationship. Not that I expect them to actually achieve that goal; they work for a network, after all.

"No one was a match for my brother and I – the Winchester brothers – not even the devil himself. I always had to keep that with me. Hold it close to my chest. My brother Dean, the one that basically raised me and gave his life for me; how could I ever not have faith in everything he was?"-if that isn't the reason why we love Supernatural so much, I don't know what is.

Again, Kazamigorical, thank you for the privilege to read your story. I hope to read more from you!