Reviews for Of Amusement
BewareTheIdesOfMarch chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Do you see the 19 other reviews that came before this one? They're all telling you how much other people love this. Yeah, well, I'd like to add a twentieth. If I could hug you over the internet, I would. Except I'm not much of a hugger. So, please accept my happiness at this story and a well deserved favorite.
Sotoriel chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I really love your writing style. This was just so well done, especially with the use of the definitions of the words "of" and "amusement." I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing!
natcat5 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Looooooved this! (note I'm not studying for my exam. Oh. Well.)

You're writing style is so...if my mind wasn't filled of sexual education stuff (that's my upcoming exam) I'd be able to explain it better. You have a very eloquent sort of writing style. You don't write in a typical way and you present situations that could be very easily written in a unique and completely different manner. Like, anyone could write a Swiss/Kong fic if they really wanted to, but you, you made a psychological, almost philosophical, humourous, somewhat romantic/friend fic that was a delight to read. I love the way it was told through definitions, and the way you present Hong Kong's character. He's a bit confusing, but really enthralling. I'm kind of jealous. You've definitely made me want to step up my writing. It's one thing to be able to write well, but it's another thing entirely to be able to write unique. I've been super happy because I feel like my writing has improved significantly with a fic I'm currently working on (and haven't posted yet), but now, I feel like I have a long way to go, because I'm not sure my writing is unique.

Wow.

You're really something. I love this. You've given me something to work towards as a writer. Thank you.
Radishdude773 chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Wow. This was amazing. you have a very interesting writing style, that I think portrays these two characters really well.
Skadiyoko chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
So I totally want to write more Hong Kong... Switzerland is my faaavorite character too! So I shower you with pancakes and thank you for the read.
ihonestlydontknow chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Wow, just wow... I love it! Both Switzerland and Hong Kong are wonderfully in character, and it's just plain funny, while still being meaningful. (Their discussion about Lichtenstein was just so ... sweet on Switzerland's part.)

All the little detailes were very good as well, like the eye contact, and the drugs Hong Kong was exposed to. Increadible.

I loved the way you used the title, and gave each character a word. A suprising and fun way to highlight different feelings in the story. Fun, as well.

Seriously love Hong Kong here... his bits about firecrackers and dropping down on people as they go to the restroom were the best. They cracked me up.

Way to go on such a great story, and I'm sorry I didn't get around to adding this to my favoirites/reviewing for so long.

In closing,

please continue to rock. The world needs more Vash and Maddox, and I have to say that it would be fun to see the two friends again, perhapse using deadpan and firecrackers to torment some people(China, maybe Prussia, or even Austria, maybe. Or in revenge against France for trying to make a move on Lichtenstein.). That would be great.

Thank you.
SexySpectrum chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
And now, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside... hihiiiii

thumbs up to you!
daedricgurl chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I think this is my one true pairing.

Every time I write HK, he's OOC because getting anyone to interact with someone without feeling is so difficult. This on the other hand, was brilliant and absolutely perfect. I totally hope you write more. :)
WhimsicalShmoo chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Ah...I love you. This is so brilliantly brilliant. The fact you made a comprehensive, deep, very intriguing story about two characters repairing the electric: that is skill right there. Fantastic skill.

And you even got in some character development for Maddox that has not come in yet, as far as I recall. The desperation inside of him—if such a strong word can be used—and how his disinterest is partly facade. I might even go so far as to say it is facade for himself. And just...this really added a whole new dimension to his character.

I cannot stress how much I enjoyed this. It makes me want to write Hong Kong. Except I have no creativity right now, or ability to make good sense while writing. Both of which seem rather imperative for him. Anyway, I must say, I adore your Hong Kong. The canon one better turn out like him. And I really want to cosplay him now. Though I could never do his character justice. This one-shot made my day. Thank you.
animepie chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
I really like this pair. You just write them so well and the way their personalities seem to bounce off and mesh with each other is indeed amusing. I enjoyed the way you wrote this, playing around with words and definitions, and especially for getting into the mindsets of both Hong Kong and Switzerland. Who knew the journey to switching on a breaker could be so entertaining?
Kinky-Cooral chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Hahah, I love these too :'). Their silly banter makes me giggle.

Good stuff from you, as usual! ~
TheDawnCatcher chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I love Hong Kong. I really do. And I wish I had your sense of humor. I always end up having to borrow mine from other people, as sad as that may seem.

Anyways, your depiction of Hong Kong is the best I've seen yet, and Switzerland is amazing. Thank Gods they could find friendship in each other, since I think not many of the Europeans like or dislike Vash too much.
Skatt's Dance chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I, just, wow. Please hold on while I try to remember how to use the english language semi-correctly. Everything clicked in this story. From the use of definitions to Hong Kong's quirky comments. There were no parts that seemed out of place; basically, you made everything really believable. The writing styles is great. You made a very believable and amusing (I should get shot for that) story about Hong Kong and Switzerland in a power outage. Who would've guessed it?

I tip my hat to you and the story that made my day. :)
Canadino chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I love, worship, and will return the favor to you. This will be a chain of Swiss/HK. Also thanks for the kudos.

DF mentioned you were unsupportive of her DA Swiss/HK club. I joined.
NewEclipse chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I have found a new pairing to fall in love with. I don't know much about Hong Kong from the series ( Europe holds more favor to me then Asia ), but reading this really makes me want to.

Love the use of the definitions of amusement and of at the beginning of each point of view.

-Gives you a lit firecraker, runs off to find more stories about these two-