Reviews for Evening the Odds
head.chantal chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
love this especially the thing about the odd and even teams.
Although it does seem that no matter what team joins up with SG1 it ends badly usually for the other team.
I also love the way that Reynolds deals with being the a USAF officer in a USMC team and worse their leader.
You couldn't be more right about the Daniel Jackson being trouble it's like it's drawn to him.
Blurring Fandoms chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
That was good.
ricochette chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
I was laughing the whole way through! Great piece!
Kidlette chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I adore Colonel Reynolds! I'm glad his character was in so many shows in the later seasons, and he got to do some comic scenes besides. His character is more 'kind' than 'hardass', which makes him a lot more fun and rewarding to watch. I still remember on Vala's first episode, "Prometheus Unbound", where General Hammond comes back from the disabled ship, and Colonel Reynolds thinks he's going to have to give the General mouth-to-mouth. "Good waking up, Sir!" he spouts when the General wakes up before the mouth-to-mouth, then his slight fear when the General grabs him, pulls him close, and commands him to 'Get this ship moving!'

Thank you again for doing a Colonel Reynolds story - and an introspective, character-building story, besides! Kudos! Wonderfully written, as always.
wee-me chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
And I think he's right, the original Odds would get it. Great character study.
MKRG chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
There were so many great and funny things about this I don't know where to start! I love the "Odds" element to it. Had me chuckling the whole way through. "Failing upward" and "Hostile? No. Trouble? Definitely." were my favorite lines. Great work!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Awesome! That's awesome! I love how he calls Daniel trouble himself. And how he excels in failing up! LOL!
PatriciaS chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Loved the logic of it all and he's so right. Thanks for sharing.
Nyx Ro chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
This had me grinning all the way through! Yay for the "Odds" of the Universe!
Nelarun chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I laughed from start to end! Brilliant! I loved it all!

Nela
jag389 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
very good. I always liked col. reynolds. but his first name is steven.
Shannon K chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
So...Penhall? Was that really one of the characters from the episode or an homage to 21 Jump Street on your part alone? Either way, I liked it...

Cheers!
Eilidh17 chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Tucked away safely in my favorites folder because you KNEW I couldn't resist a story like this :)