Reviews for Push
Elven Nite chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Hello! This fic actually caught my attention quite a while ago, and although I've read it several times I never found the courage to leave a review.

And, uh, now I don't really know what to say.

...

I just can't get over how darn touching this is. Seriously, you've written so much emotion into this this that it has to be one of the sweetest things I've ever read. Lyn's so lucky to have an amazing guy like Kent by her side - and! there's a baby! But what will happen next? Kent's right. She can't just give up and die after everything they've been through. ...Right?

Regardless, lovely fic. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Elven
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
It's an older story, yeah, but I still liked it. I've read it a number of times when I looked through your lists, but as usual, I'm just now leaving a review. When I first read this, I was worried right there at the end, wondering what was going to happen to Lyn. You did an excellent job of portraying Kent's worry, although worry doesn't even cover it. I also had to laugh right at the beginning with Lyn blaming Kent and vice versa. When I came to the end, I was a little disappointed that it was a cliffhanger; I was thinking, "come on, I want to see what happens."

My only real critque is that I'd say you've grown as a writer since this story was published. I mean nothing by it, this is a fine story. I did find the use of parentheses a little...crude I guess, although that is the only word I can think of at the moment. It seemed almost like a break in the rhythm to see them, at least it did to me. Still, it's a very emotional piece. You had me worrying along with Kent. Well done, and I do hope you will return to finish this.
Hikaru Morinaga chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Dear Maman,

This fic was awesome.

I wish I had something constructive to say.

LYN BETTER NOT DIE ;_; Also, poor Kent, being all n00b about childbirth. tbh I would be just as clueless as him and I'm female, lol.

CONTINUE PLEASE

Love, Jayden
WanderingStarmaster chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Interesting. Will these be separate or chapters of the same story?
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This is the part where I stop being a terrible person and start reading fic again. (So sorry it took me this long to get around to it!)

Aww, I love the idea of Lyn giving Kent a handkerchief. That was the big thing to do back in the day, as I'm sure you already know (I wish it was still common today, haha)...givin' your champion a hanky. Now nobody has champions. Or hankies. But it's still super legit. It's especially cute for Kent and Lyn, though...like saying that even though they're equals now, out on the plains, he's STILL her knight.

[She could be ten minutes from delivery, or ten hours] BAHAHA. Ten hours will probably be the MINIMUM, Kent ol' boy. DID YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE OVER QUICKLY.

[A mental image of her insides coming out made his face turn pale. No, no…that would not be a good idea.] POOR MUFFIN. I doubt they taught a whole lot about anatomy to anybody, and especially not FEMALE anatomy to MEN.

I bet this would be the most panic-filled day of Kent's life. Easily. Imagine not having a doctor or anything-being all by yourself, first child, not knowing anything! Actually, it makes me wonder why the two of them wouldn't have taken precautions. Like moved closer to Badon when they knew she was getting close? Or having a midwife come live with them? But I guess there's more to the story...or maybe the wood falling on her DID induce it...I mean, the point of the story is that you need to finish this soon!

Kender
Trevor X chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Okay, you've just officially scared the heck out of me.

["Cut the cord," she ground out.

Her order snapped him into action, and he quickly sliced through it with his knife and wiped off the infant, clearing out her nose and mouth.] - No tying off two sides before the slice? (Foreseeing mom and baby bleeding to death... Gah!)

[Their baby girl wailed from her resting place, but he couldn't give her to Lyn to feed, not yet, not when she was in so much pain.] Baby needs momma, momma needs baby. If I remember correctly from my reading - and I think I do - something about the baby feeding or being in contact with the mother allows the placenta to purge. I wish I could remember for certain.

Plus points for having hot water.

Your descriptions remain awe inspiring and heart-wrenching. The title is apt. I remain sorry for Kent and Lyn, but considering the circumstances, I have to wonder why they didn't seek some information on the birthing process.

You'd better not die, Lyndis; Kent still needs you.

Okay, shutting up now about medical stuff and all that.

(crying) Your grasp on drawing out emotions remains amazing. ;-;
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Dear Manna,

You still know how to hook 'em hard!

Love ya girl!

Josie

PS: I can't wait to see what is in store for this cute couple!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Hey there, friend. You know how excited I've been to read this, so I'm just going to shut up and read.

[If she did cut it, he would love her just the same, but he had never known her without it, and he liked everything about it, like the way it almost covered all the right places when she undressed. It made her seem mysterious to him all over again, like he was still a knight who wondered how she would react if he were to kiss her. He never could resist her, then; though he'd uncovered the secrets of her body a million times over, it never got old.] Methinks Kent has a fetish for long haired swordswomen. Lol.

[shot]

["Heat some water. He'll need washed off."] Bit of a typo; I think you meant either "He'll need to be washed off."

[...there was no doubt in his mind that she knew more about what was going on than he did.] Damn straight. Lol.

[Her order snapped him into action, and he quickly sliced through it with his knife and wiped off the infant, clearing out her nose and mouth. She began to cry, finally, a tiny, frail little sound that made Lyndis hiccup through her tears.] Awwwww. That is all. I love moments like this.

[His hand settled over the left side of her chest, his calloused thumb brushing over her heart. "So don't leave me now," he choked out, and pressed a kiss there, where he could feel the heavy thud-thud-thud of her heartbeat against his lips. "Don't leave me now."]

...You took my suggestion of a two-parter to heart, didn't you? Lol. No worries, though. You stopped at a good spot, and I'm excited to read the next part.

SO HURRY UP AND POST IT. C: