Reviews for Teach You a Lesson
Bek-K chapter 21 . 8/13/2010
Perfect ending! I loved seeing Jinn in a fatherly role. :)

Are you familiar with the Jedi Apprentice books? How about future Obi-Wan goes back in time to Bandomeer to where Qui-Gon and young Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon's having trouble deciding if he wants train young Obi-Wan and Older Obi-Wan perhaps steps in and knocks some sense into the older man.

Or perhaps its a past where young Obi-Wan wasn't chosen and future Obi-Wan learns of this when he crosses paths with Qui-Gon and somehow he's got to get the two together. Maybe the sith are after young Obi-Wan.

I don't know...I just don't want you to not have any story ideas. And I so much like this universe you've created.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Ayra Sei Ethari chapter 21 . 8/13/2010
Wow. That is all I can say, I guess. This was an amazing ride of a story; hopefully you'll write more like this in the SW fandom that I'll find.

In regards to this chapter - LOVED the interaction between Obi-Wan and Thrice concerning children. It was a great touch for an ending chapter. As to the child's name . . . that was a nice touch. It took a moment before I got it though; you did a great job of making the child seem original and normal despite using a name of such mythological prestige.

Are you a fan of Greek mythology, or did you just go looking for a name and this one just happened to match? If you are and haven't read it yet, I would suggest the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series - it also deals with Greek mythology and it also has a Castor & Pollux in it.

But - back to the story. Thank you for writing such an original and wonderful story. I hope to see more in the future!

Cheers,

Bek-K chapter 20 . 8/12/2010
I was hoping that wasn't the last chapter: looking forward to the epilogue. :D

I was shocked and surprised when Medallion challenged Tiana to a duel. That definitely wasn't expected. Nice Twist! I'm glad Tee faced it head on and won and that Medallion also received the closure she needed.

I admit though, I kept waiting for Thrice's motherly instincts to kick in and say something to defend her son and his future bride. I guess where the Clan is concerned, they all just stand back and let happen what will happen. I'm a little confused on that aspect I guess. The Jedi half of their Order keep things in line: disciplinary action, don't hesitate to take care of a problem if they see one, etc... And Obi-Wan is more apt to step into a situation on that front than he is on the Clan side. Hope that made sense.

So what are you going to write next? :)

How about...Anakin from the past (before turning to Vader - maybe age 21 or 22), the one who has already met Jinn and Kiya, somehow makes it to the future. How would Obi-Wan, Luke, Jinn, Kiya, and Warren react?

And lets say that Anakin either finds out or knows what he would/will become, Vader, and doesn't want to go back? Maybe he wants to stay in their time? Would Obi-Wan have mixed feelings? Would he treat this Anakin like a prodigal son, so to speak: part of him wanting a second chance? How would Warren react to a younger version of his mentor?

Many, many possibilities. So what do you think? Possible fic in the wonderful future you've created? :D

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful imagination! I've enjoyed reading these fics, this series, very much!

Ayra Sei Ethari chapter 18 . 8/11/2010
Ah ha! So here was the missing chapter that I skipped. . . Sorry for my rambling; I read Chapter 19 without realizing that I hadn't read Chapter 18, so I was a bit confused. Now everything makes sense. . . Thank goodness your chapters are always connected with references to previous chapters, or I would have never noticed.

But in any case - nice portrayal of the infamous tree. I liked how remarkably well you did the false-Jinn; it really felt real when I read it. Keep updating! (and hopefully this time I will read the right chapter)

Bek-K chapter 19 . 8/11/2010
What a sweet chapter! :)

I liked how nervouse Jinn was about asking Tiana to marry him. And I loved the banter between Luke and Jinn in regard to the latter being so much like his father in more than just looks. I think Luke could probably relate in a round about way in being compared to his father.

Maybe now Lord Blackswan will back off and stop trying to fix Jinn up with a potential wife. The boy went and found his own! :)

Thanks so much for sharing! Sorry for not reviewing the last chapter...works been rather busy in preparing for the semester to start.

Bek-K chapter 17 . 8/7/2010
I'm hoping the Council will decide to allow Jinn to remain in as a Jedi; he's more than proved himself capable.

Would it be possible for Jinn and Tiana to wait until after their married to give theirselves to one another? I know society in general paints a very different picture in regard to that nowadays, but I believe in being married before that kind of intimacy takes place.

Great chapter! I loved the way they stood up for one another in front of the Council. And Master Hal actually helped them in his assessment of Jinn being a gentleman.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more.

hoysterrule123 chapter 16 . 8/7/2010
I didn't see it coming eiter! I'm torn between wanting Jinn to keep his Jedi status (which is actually quite important) and wanting him to admith his feelings for Tiana out to the world! One load of a mess, I really want to see what happens next chapter, update soon!
Ayra Sei Ethari chapter 16 . 8/6/2010
Well . . . that must have been embarrassing for Tiana, finding out that Obi-Wan knew all along. Nice way to have Jinn come to the rescue, though.

One question, though: If the Council knew of Jinn's feelings, wouldn't they just refuse to Knight Tiana because Jinn was her Master?

Update soon please!

Bek-K chapter 15 . 8/5/2010
The chapter was perfect! :)

I think Medallion actually helped Jinn there at the end by letting Master Hal know that he wouldn't remember anything in the morning.

I like seeing Obi-Wan as a protective and nurturing father. I hope to see more father/son interaction between the two of them. Maybe some father/son mush?

Tiana's characterization in this chapter was right on! She's grown into herself having been under Jinn's tutelage and the clan training she's had has helped her to be more forward about what she wants and what she considers hers: Jinn.

Thanks for sharing; looking forward to the next chapter!

hoysterrule123 chapter 15 . 8/5/2010
Lol! That was so funny! I feel so sorry for Jinn though! Another great chap, update soon!
hoysterrule123 chapter 14 . 8/4/2010
Another great chapter! I really want to see how this will work out, update soon!
Bek-K chapter 14 . 8/4/2010
I think Obi-Wan handled the situation perfectly! He made it known that he wasn't pleased with another of his son's antics, and yet he came through for him at the same time.

I'm thinking Obi-Wan needs to have a talk with Lord Blackswan and tell him to back off of trying to play matchmaker for his son. Jinn can find his own lady; he has already actually. They just can't reveal it yet.

And Tiana needs to have more trust in Jinn. He loves her and wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

Another great chapter! Keep 'em coming! :)

hoysterrule123 chapter 13 . 8/2/2010
Oh no! Tiana heard that Jinn is going to be match-made! She's gonna be so upset! And to a NOBLEWOMAN! Tiana must feel like she has not got a chance, and she doesn't feel too sure of her place (from her talk with Kira) so that would make her even less sure!

A great chapter, another fantastic job! Yeah, Master Hal really shouldn't walk in unannounced! You're right! He has to be nosy! I'm interested in how Obi-Wan will react! Update soon!
Bek-K chapter 13 . 8/2/2010
Tiana was definitely thinking on her feet when she chose to call Jinn by his father's name in order to keep them out of trouble.

I definitely want to read Obi-Wan's reaction to what Jinn and Tiana did in regard to his reputation. ;)

I hope this 'match maker' interference by Lord Blackswan doesn't cause any problems between Jinn and Tiana.

Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful story!

hoysterrule123 chapter 12 . 8/1/2010
Okay, a great chapter reslly enjoyable. But, you HAVE to update soon - I NEED to know what happens next! Update! UPDATE!