Reviews for To Die of Love is to Live By It
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 7/21/2014
Love the juxtaposition between Valjean, Marius, and Gillenormond here, especially Marius's horror at his grandfather's comments at the end. All wonderful little glimpses into the characters' heads.
Guest chapter 52 . 4/23/2014
Could you do a chapter on Cosette and Marius at Jean Valjeans death. I think it might be interesting to see they're reactions.:)
Deus et mundus chapter 17 . 2/8/2014
**Grandfather Gillenormand. Last review, I promise :P Sorry!
Deus et mundus chapter 14 . 2/8/2014
I should say though - my only complaint(s?): some language that I think might be anachronistic ("hey" and "ok" perhaps) and my uncertainty that Grandfather Pontmercy is *that* much of a jerk... Everything else is superb! :)
Deus et mundus chapter 52 . 2/8/2014
Aside from the novel itself, I have not read anything else in which Marius and Cosette are so "in character." Every chapter is a delight. They are always worth the wait. It is a rare and lovely thing to see a realistic portrait of a fictional marriage, with both the happy moments and the difficulties. Misunderstandings, miscarriages, mistakes... some people do not want to read of these things because they are too real, but such sugarcoated treatments might veer too close to Plato's critique of literature & plays. I'd prefer for you to continue following Horace's. This story is sweet by every definition of the word!

I know everyone is hoping for more M chapters, but I'd love to see more conversations! You do such a good job of giving Marius and Cosette dynamism that other authors don't (and frankly, even the musical doesn't always). Something along the lines of religion, or Marius' thoughts on the 1848 revolution, and Cosette struggling in her roles... more of that kind of thing :)

Brava!
Guest chapter 52 . 1/20/2014
Theres no more chapters :( sad :(
But i have LOVED these stories, i sometimes find it hard to differentiate between what happened and what you wrote. You my friend are fantastic.
Guest chapter 44 . 1/20/2014
My second favorite chapter 3
Guest chapter 14 . 1/17/2014
Hi. It's me again, the "finally the story ive been searching for!" Person. I believe ive read some of these before, and this is maybe my favorite. I love how marius tells his grandfather off and the dog ruins cosette's hiding spot.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/17/2014
I have found it! At last, i have found the fanfic i have been looking for! I have been searching for a year for a fanfic like this, long, and FANTASTICALLY written! I love you.
BrandonMichelle chapter 52 . 1/8/2014
I'm not good with maths or dates, does this take place during the pregnancy where Cosette miscarried, or her pregnancy with Marie?

As for suggestions...well i'd still like to see a chapter about Marius going down on Cosette and her reaction to that, although i'm currently trying to write a fic about that...now people might think we're just copying each other. Still i'd like to see someone elses view on it.
thebeautiful.lark chapter 52 . 1/7/2014
I'm so glad you're updating again. I think everyone should review this if they've read it; it's so beautiful and there's not enough Cosette on here. Go you!
thebeautiful.lark chapter 26 . 1/7/2014
More M! Yes!
thebeautiful.lark chapter 25 . 1/7/2014
I love these M fics!
thebeautiful.lark chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. Thank you.
Haley chapter 13 . 8/22/2013
I have a question, is this a chapter in the book by Victor Hugo? Also what false assumptions did Marius make about Valjean? Please write back! Thank you ;)