Reviews for To Die of Love is to Live By It
rebecca-in-blue chapter 39 . 7/15/2016
Oh, poor Cosette and Marius. This is very sad, obviously, yet bittersweet at the same time. I love the way Marius comforts her at the end.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 47 . 5/11/2016
This is such a beautiful scene of Marius and Cosette together, with so many good feels in it - the little touch of fear in the threat of Valjean finding them, the way Cosette avoids thinking seriously about Marius and Valjean meeting each other, her wistfulness to see more of the world outside her very sheltered life. There's a good feeling throughout of various real-world problems intruding upon their lovey-dovey time together, which feels very in-canon.
Lauren Mockett chapter 20 . 3/22/2016
Again, I'm obsessed with your writing. Obviously, there were some in here that I enjoyed more than others, simply due to slightly differing opinions of character interpretation, but you are probably my favorite fanfiction author. You really put me in the scene, and even made me laugh which trust me, is hard to do. Please wright more!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 53 . 3/17/2016
Oh, this is really beautiful work. The interaction between Marius and Cosette here is so darling - gentle and still a little shy, but so much in love. I love their reaction when Valjean suggests that they go out walking by themselves, and you create such clear images of the two of them strolling along through the snow. Wonderful work.

P.S. Tiny error in "But it all turns to {mush}"
BaeTandT chapter 53 . 3/10/2016
I'm so glad that you're back! Keep up the amazing work!
JollyJoly chapter 53 . 3/10/2016
*girlish shriek* I am so happy you updated this! You capture the characters so well with such economy of language. You are my favorite writer in the genre - you are a master. I look forward to your next update, and hope it will come soon!
Guest chapter 53 . 3/9/2016
You're back! Yay! I thought you had gone forever :( Anyway, i love this, Cosettes so innocent and childlike and completely at odds with what society expects of a young lady. She always was a trouper.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 4 . 10/5/2015
I'm not even a big Mariette shipper, but this chapter is so, so adorably sweet, especially the scene of Marius waking up and hugging Cosette - impressively tear-jerking and so well-written throughout, worthy of being in The Brick itself. Wonderful work.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 7/21/2014
Love the juxtaposition between Valjean, Marius, and Gillenormond here, especially Marius's horror at his grandfather's comments at the end. All wonderful little glimpses into the characters' heads.
Guest chapter 52 . 4/23/2014
Could you do a chapter on Cosette and Marius at Jean Valjeans death. I think it might be interesting to see they're reactions.:)
Deus et mundus chapter 17 . 2/8/2014
**Grandfather Gillenormand. Last review, I promise :P Sorry!
Deus et mundus chapter 14 . 2/8/2014
I should say though - my only complaint(s?): some language that I think might be anachronistic ("hey" and "ok" perhaps) and my uncertainty that Grandfather Pontmercy is *that* much of a jerk... Everything else is superb! :)
Deus et mundus chapter 52 . 2/8/2014
Aside from the novel itself, I have not read anything else in which Marius and Cosette are so "in character." Every chapter is a delight. They are always worth the wait. It is a rare and lovely thing to see a realistic portrait of a fictional marriage, with both the happy moments and the difficulties. Misunderstandings, miscarriages, mistakes... some people do not want to read of these things because they are too real, but such sugarcoated treatments might veer too close to Plato's critique of literature & plays. I'd prefer for you to continue following Horace's. This story is sweet by every definition of the word!

I know everyone is hoping for more M chapters, but I'd love to see more conversations! You do such a good job of giving Marius and Cosette dynamism that other authors don't (and frankly, even the musical doesn't always). Something along the lines of religion, or Marius' thoughts on the 1848 revolution, and Cosette struggling in her roles... more of that kind of thing :)

Brava!
Guest chapter 52 . 1/20/2014
Theres no more chapters :( sad :(
But i have LOVED these stories, i sometimes find it hard to differentiate between what happened and what you wrote. You my friend are fantastic.
Guest chapter 44 . 1/20/2014