Reviews for Unravelling the Tale
sleipnirfenris chapter 2 . 3/17
Loving this! Only, venturing into Nimrodel is punishable by death xD
Nako13yeh chapter 22 . 2/24
Aiiiiii xDDD More please... i've read this for four hours straight, determined to see how the friendship of the elf and dwarf blossom. Hhehee... xD love it!
FanFictionQueen1 chapter 22 . 11/18/2014
Another triumph for Nimue!
Your stories are always without peer and this one is no different!
Will it be continued soon? The end is clearly near, but the lack of it is felt strongly by your poor, adoring readers!
The tension mounts, even as blood is spilt.
Grateful Reader chapter 22 . 2/2/2014
I am so happy that you have written a new chapter to this story! This was one of the first stories I ever read on ffnet and it is still one of my favourites. Thank you so much! Wonderful chapter and thank you again!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 22 . 12/28/2013
Dearest Nimue,

what a great and pleasant surprise to see you updating this tale, which has been one of my favorites for a very long time! And what a great update, too! I love the way you present Boromi's desperation, Frodo's gentle, but firm rebuttal, and most of all Gimli's reference to Bilbo's valour back in his own adventure when he overcame his fear to walk down to trhat slleping dragon! This is a wonderful continuation of the tale. I hope you will choose to finish it, but anyway - it was a great delight to read this chapter!

Applause and cheers! - Aislynn
Bourbon Rose chapter 22 . 12/15/2013
I love this story! You describe the characters very well. I hope you update soon! :D
barmy-the-elf chapter 22 . 12/10/2013
Nine years? NINE years! You've update this most marvellous of tales after nine whole years and I suppose you're now expecting a sensible review. I'll try something more sensible once I have picked my self off of the floor. Welcome back Nimue - this update has made my year (I don't get out much) :-)
Gimlifan8 chapter 22 . 12/9/2013
Wow. You're finally updating! Please continue to do that because your writing sure as hell does Tolkien justice. Thanks for this chapter by the way.
Nearing Midnight chapter 22 . 12/9/2013
I am not logged in at the moment.

But anyways... I just need to thank you for updating. :0 again, please continue!

-NM
Nearing Midnight chapter 21 . 12/8/2013
Beautiful. Please continue!
Starry Pink chapter 21 . 8/27/2013
I enjoyed reading this very much. Your writing is beautiful, and the vernacular you used is appropriate for Middle Earth.

This story isn't marked as complete, but chapter 21 seems to be a good place to end it. I'll add it to my story alerts in case you ever decide continue it.
Isabelf Drottning chapter 21 . 2/1/2012
Thank you for an entertaining story! I even forgot that I was sick while I read... good job, Nimue!
Isabelf Drottning chapter 9 . 1/31/2012
Love sams cooking pot!
Iva1201 chapter 21 . 6/16/2010
You know, this is an excellent tale and it's also excellently told. I have only found it by chance since my favourite is Boromir (followed by his brother and Aragorn) and I don't usually open stories that don't list him as main character. But you have him in the summary and I wanted to check if I might like this. And I do. (-:

It breaks my heart that this is likely a canon tale, if you had planned to end it on Amon Hen - there are not that many well written Boromir Lives stories as people usually think. I went very carefully through both here and HASA archive (and several other smaller sites) and as to here, I have found 30 (mostly short) stories that are not uncanon romance or slash (which I deem not canon either).

It also saddens me that this tale is likely abandoned - it is much to good for that, dear author, despite I understand very well that there is not always the time to finish stories you write in your spare free time (my own pieces have for the better part not been updated since Christmas and will likely remain so till autumn in the very least).

Right then, the final word (although I may review several single chapters later on too, since I plan rereading them): great story, great characterisations, nice plot. Many thanks for writing this also Boromir centric and keeping the man, IMO, pretty much in character for this time period. One wishes only that the changes you had made would be enough to stop him from "attacking" Frodo on Amon Hen.
Anon chapter 21 . 5/30/2010
Wow, this is probably in the top 99% of stuff I've read and not just in fan fiction. Not only do I like the way you portray characters I have already come to love (by the way, I love your interpretation of Legolas' lineage since) but you have a remarkable gift with words as well.

My only regret is that it's over. Shortest 90,000 words I've ever read. Spectacular job!