Reviews for Apex Ultima
James Axelrad chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
very interesting fic.
dearfranny chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
I like the way you wrote Hachi. He seems really pissed off. He's the type that'll curse more, though.

I want to see more fanfics for this anime.. Planetes doesn't have a whole lot of fans even though it's very good. It's sad that not a lot of people know about it. It's my favorite anime.

I sure hope you write another chapter. It's good. I wanna see more of it.
Davewik chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
It's great to read another fanfic about Planetes - as everyone else has been saying, it is a shame that not many people have taken the time to watch/read it yet. Your portrayal of the setting and characters was accurate in the most part, but I would say that Hachi wasn't maybe quite as cursive in his language and Ai was more emotive and argumentative in the series.

As for the EMP, I think that it is perfectly reasonable to think such a weapon would have been created for space - for disabling enemy satellites or ships. It's one of those things that would fit into the Planetes universe so run with it!

A couple of word changes and the grammar etc would be perfect.

I really liked the ending, but the pacing seemed rushed towards the end, more description of the situation would have felt like the fic was culminating rather than suddenly ending.

All in all, a worthy fic. Keep it up!
yairm210 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Very, very cool. I'm surprised that so little people have read it, but then not many people read the really good manga.

Thank you very much!
Zangoose Ninja chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Planetes is REALLY good, i have the first 5 eps, but im gonna collect em all!(gotta catch em all!)Real good story to!
BrazeRancor chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
COMMUNISTS-S-S-S-S-S!

EMP eh? I was expecting a Nuclear Bomb, or Damocles launcher. Still, an EMP is good. No instant death. Or is there? . .
Where the gras is greener chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
You really need to read it over at least once before putting a chapter online. There are various typographic and grammatical errors, most of them easy to avoid.

That aside I'm glad there is finally a Planetes story on . It took me years to gather all the manga and I was overwhelmed when the anime was published. The hard science fiction is very much to my liking. There had to be taken a few artistic liberties - manned garbage disposal would be to expensive - but the general hardness remains.

In that vein it is a pity to see you disregard that. An EMP cannon? I'm sorry, the series doesn't ask for much willing suspension of disbelief on its engineering, beside the premise, so why do you pull something ridiculous? A directed electro-magnetic pulse? I'm no physicist but I still know that doesn't work. *sighs*

Never the less... I'll see if I can accept this premise if you're continuing the story.

So far I can't say I like the characters. That isn't actually bad, I think. I am in love with the setting, not the persons inhabiting it. Hachimaki is a jerk or very much pissed off, And the rest didn't really click. They seemed bland.
rutger5000 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Very good story, but very long
sockstar chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Oh wow, Planets has a section :D

Loved the Anime, hoping this fic goes well :D
Chargone chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
kinda surprised Planetes has it's own section, actually...

and given that it does, i was surprised to find only one fic.

that aside, this is Very nicely done, and i look forward to seeing where you go with it. Planetes is possibly my favorite Anime (definitely in the top 5, anyway), though I've never seen the manga, so it's nice to see good fanfiction.

That said, hard sci-fi is hard to write well, which is probably why there's not a lot of it out there, comparatively. Planetes does well because it's more about the people than the tech, i think, and i think you've captured that nicely so far :)

so, yeah, looking forward to seeing where you take this :)