Reviews for Let It Be
Nietzsche's Itch chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Great, and loved the ending. Thank God Hannibal finally GETS it
re-familiarize chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 3

This whole story is slowly becoming one of my favorites ever. It's already my favorite in the fandom, but it's seriously, just- guh. The buildup is so realistic, and Hannibal never once drops out of character, nor does face. You just handle the characters so well, and I was especially wow'd by Hannibal's reaction to Face's feelings; not an outright dismissal, but not blindly rushing forward to sweep him into his arms and make sweet, sweet love to him all day every day. He's... cautious. Because it's not like he's not receptive, he just doesn't want to mess anything up and DFGDSFGS I've wasted your time rambling.

But this is awesome and I love it, gah. Never stop. Ever.
Ravenclaw Samurai chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
I'm loving your series! It was slow but Hannibal finally put the pieces together! I can't wait to see what he will do now! Good Luck Face! Murdock your awesome and B.A. when will you see the whole picture? :P
Otherwise Known As chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Finnally! for a brilliant army colonel hannibel sure can be DENSE poor facey prolly gone crazy by now! and have i mentioned how in LOVE i a with murdock in this series. Seriously.
Tony mustang2gmx.ch chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Finally, he gets it!

A wonderful chapter of the series, in which you captured Hannibals character and way of thinking perfectly, as well as Murdocks reaction.

As a reader we can feel the Colonels frustration at Faces lack of trust, and the shock when the truth catches up with him.

Honestly, since the series seemed to indicate that Hannibal would eventually find out about his Lieutenants feelings I have been wondering how you planed on making Hannibal understand.

Have Murdock play matchmaker? Funny, but not realistic; he would not betray a friends trust. Make Face confess? Not gonna happen, not the way you write the character. So having Hannibal find out the truth in small bits was a really good idea, and very well executed, congratulations!

I'm also awed by his reaction. To many autors would in a situation like this push the characters immediately together, because Hannibal would with the realization of the truth go and confess his own undying affection for Face. But you manage to keep the reaction believable. Hannibal has never considered Templeton a potential lover, so before he confronts a man he undeniably cares immensely for, he needs to sit back and analyze his one feelings. Things have, like you wrote, changed by him knowing about his friends feelings, and no matter how much he can let it lay in real life, I doubt that it will be the same way in his thoughts.

Again, I'm really impressed by you and your writing. Do you also write for a living? (Writer/Blogger/Journalist?) Because you have a real talent for characterizations, and a beautiful stile.

Well, now I just have to wait to see if they will end up together, and how you plan to pull such a stunt.
Chocolate Wolf chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Ah Clue By Four, how I love thee. This chapter was SO WELL WRITTEN! I can't wait to see what happens.
Rusty-Spotted Cat chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Yay! *happy dance* Can't wait for the next one! I love you!
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Woohoo! One of the best yet!

First (before we get to the extensive list of Good Stuff), a tense-shift accident I noticed:

From "But he'd had six months in prison to stew over things, to consider every angle and every possiblity" to "And then, almost as if on cue, Murdock saunters into the room.": for the bulk of the story, Hannibal's 'current' POV is present and flashbacks/references to the past come in present perfect or regular past tense. But in this stretch you fall into past tense for Hannibal's POV and past perfect tense for flashbacks and references.

So there's that. But on to the good stuff!

I like the subtlety at work here, especially Murdock's "lay of the land and what you're going to do about it." Nice! It's awesome the way he and Hannibal both talk about the subject without ever mentioning it.

And I am grooving on "let it be." For one thing, fantastic song and it's worked into the story's theme really really well. Also, it's not often you hear that bit of advice when it comes to relationships. Everyone always seems to push for the romance, but sometimes letting it be is the most sensible thing you can do. (And the irony of Murdock saying it, even when it's Murdock who's all but writing RPF about his teammates, is not lost on me. _)

But perhaps my favorite thing is how it all pivots on that window of Hannibal's insecurity.

You know, the notif for this story was waiting in my inbox when I got back today from seeing the movie a second time (XD). Which is perfect timing, because watching the movie again, I realized something very relevant.

What I realized this time was that by the time Lynch comes to visit him in prison, Hannibal already knows the whole story. So when they're standing in the rubble and he says he doesn't know what to do, I realized it wasn't that he couldn't come up with a plan; it was that he had no goal left to achieve. Hannibal's plan was always to get hold of Morrison and use him to clear their names. With Morrison dead, he knew they had no chance left at freedom (notice how unsurprised he is when they're taken back into custody at the end?).

This is relevant because it means the level to which he must've felt like he'd failed them all at that moment was just...staggering. Which carries over into this story, where he's reeling and lost and, alone of them all, is staring with full recognition into a future where they've got no options left.

I don't know whether you intended it, but for me the resonance of "Let it Be" adds a masterful touch, since it carries the same kind of resigned sorrow and, after all, was the last song the Beatles ever recorded together (not that it'll be the A-Team's last hurrah, but it must've felt like it then :) ).
BlackMetalHeart chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Keep it up!
Aniia chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I love you, I love, you, I love you ...

I Love your stories so much :'( ! Please, keep on writing ! You let me moved at each end of story, But i know that the sequel is waiting for me, just higher on the page of the Fanfictions. . . But, but ... But, now ... I want more x'O !

It's incredible, the way you can make the characters more alive than ... than real people.

Thank you so much.
Felinafullstop chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Splendid as always i cannot wait for your next installment.