Reviews for Kira is Justice
Marcus Absent chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
Wow...praise to you, O great writer!

I can already tell that the necklace is going to be a BIG help to Justin, especially since others won't be able to see it. No doubt that will be an important trump card when he faces off against this story's veterans.

And as for Justin himself...well, that just brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "I am Justice." And he seems (at least so far) to have not developed the God complex that Light so famously had, meaning that he's a better judge (though still too arbitrary to really be righteous, IMO). Still, the morality is even more gray than before. Well done indeed.
Marcus Absent chapter 7 . 4/10/2012
A telepathic necklace?

...

That would have been EXTREMELY handy for Light. And I assume it will be for Justin.
Marcus Absent chapter 6 . 4/10/2012
Nice. Very nice. Justin was indeed smart enough to be on the lookout for traps, but (of course), Near still got him. Well played.

Assuming that Landras appears soon, I hope she's as interesting (see what I did there?) as Ryuk. But I suppose I'll find out.
Marcus Absent chapter 3 . 4/10/2012
Hi there! I've had this on my story alert for awhile, and have only now gotten around to reading it.

Good start so far. It's neat to see the comparison between Light, and this new "Kira," Justin. It will be interesting to see how the old characters react to this new threat.

By the way, I should tell you that I really dislike Near, so if I start bitching about him, just know that it's him, not you.
CelticKawaii chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
Maybe a little too similar to the original, but you still made it work! Boy, Justin's family sure sounds screwed up: his mom's OCD, his sister is a kleptomaniac...I can't wait to find out what his brother's deal is!
CelticKawaii chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I like this so far. It's pretty interesting, not bad for your first fanfic!
Anonymous chapter 2 . 6/17/2011
Your story seriously needs more reviews damnit. Keep up the good work.
Mirus Infidus chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
This story has seriously been on my To-Do for what looks like a couple eternities :P

I like this idea; so many stories are ones focused on re-creating L or giving L a partner. More Light characters!

I know I could never be Kira. Proof?

Justin: "Who would leave a notebook here?" *reads carefully*

Me: "Notebook, score!" *flips through and stuffs in bag*
Kingnick chapter 3 . 4/15/2011
I'm playing the death note soundtrack while i read. Makes this fic more epic
Icefriend chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
This is a great story. It's got the same style as Death Note, but isn't simply the story re-made with different names for the characters. And with all the Whammy characters it's going to be great. Please update soon.

BTW have you decided to remake this or not? Please let us know.
graypheonix chapter 20 . 2/21/2011
Hmmm, not as masterfully written as the original material but hey, deathnote is a legendary manga in terms of scope, writing and surpassing the limits of genre (with tennis matches, xanatos gambits in every issue, heist, kidnapping and extortion schemes, all centered arounda semi-mystical plot, it's a near, if not completely, perfect story. Matching that would be a master work for a writer of Tolkien's quality, let alone a fanfiction writer. Thus, while this story isn't a bad idea (minimalistic story telling methods like this are kinda hit or miss) it does have potential. As such, I would encourage two matters for you. First, re-read the manga, keeping a careful eye on the pacing and focus of each panel. What does the deliberate art style and storytelling method tell you, the reader? Note that especially. And second, ignore the anime. Hilarious as it is for its overblown drama, it is the manga that best shows off the literary skill required in telling a story based on a more cerebral approach to what is, oddly, a realistic approach to telling an unrealistic story. In spite of all this, you have a good story coming, you just need to keep writing. As such, continue to update, it's worth the read. Update again soon, ja ne.
Adamant chapter 20 . 1/9/2011
It is the opinion of this reviewer that the author is much too hard on himself. A story should have to be much worse than this to qualify as an Old Shame.
Random chapter 6 . 1/7/2011
isn't watari dead?
ijpowers92 chapter 7 . 1/2/2011
I thought you said you weren't going to bring characters back to life, yet apparently you have the original Watari. How?
DtecnoKira chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Yo' fellow troper here.

Seems pretty interesting, so I guess I'll try to read more in the morning.

Was the mention of 42nd street supposed to be a pun?
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »