Reviews for Second
YungMoolah chapter 11 . 7/6
A realistic and nicely-done take on the group dynamic in mass effect, wonderful fanfic!
vandiver49 chapter 1 . 2/28
The story is a great exposition on the nature of command and the challenges associated with it. As opposed to the SR1, the Cerberus origins of the SR2 and it's XO create an unavoidable disunity with the command structure. The fact that Garrus recognizes this and takes actions to prevent a mutiny perfectly captures his martial background as well as how vital trust in the chain of command for effective shipboard operations. As I've never played a minute of this game, your musings has provided nuanced depth towards both Vakarian and Miranda.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that the author has spent time at sea.
SpiralAK chapter 11 . 1/18
Hi there. I read this fic twice: while I was playing ME2 and after I finished it. Enjoyed it on both occasions. I always wondered how the squad would interact with one another if Shepard wasn't around, and this legitimately felt like this could have happened in the game.

It's mostly because of your excellent grasp of the characters. Garrus was awesome, and it was obvious why everyone in the story wanted him to be the Normandy's XO. Miranda was great as well, genuine in her desire to keep the ship running even if she had to be the "Ice Queen", polite and reasonable, basically true to the game.

I also like how Jacob fit into all of this. He was fleshed out from the game, and his loyalty to Miranda and respect for Tali and Garrus came through. Tali was pretty in-character too, and her good nature shone through her somewhat justified hate for Cerberus.

Overall, your great understanding for the characters ensured that every single action taken in this story made perfect sense while being written in a very enjoyable manner. That goes for all of your other ME2 fics, by the way. Kudos.

P.S. I just love your explanation for how Shepard and crew were able to fly anywhere in the galaxy and do whatever they wanted and not face any form of consequence from a vengeful party or C-Sec or anyone else.
Alpenwolf chapter 11 . 4/30/2015
In conclusion not only miranda missed a bullet here, but the normandy, jacob and many more did also. Working with cerberus may have a few perks but there also downsides and you showed that quite well, both sides.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 11 . 2/20/2015
Ah, my favorite story of yours. You put Garrus in exactly the spot I would have liked the games to put him, at least in ME3, what with him being the squad member with the most time aboard the Normandy.
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 7/3/2014
sheppys driving skills are the stuff of legend!
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 7/3/2014
i knew that it was the shadow of archangel that made garrus reluctant to take command
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 7/3/2014
go jacob for giving credit where its due
thepkrmgc chapter 8 . 7/3/2014
miranda's argument falls through if you consider that none of that stuff would be necessary if the normandy wasnt affiliated with a terrorist organisation and shep gets his spectre status back,
thepkrmgc chapter 7 . 7/3/2014
i would prefer it if shep ordered the non human crew to seize the ship by force, i was hoping to do that as soon as the normandy left the dock.
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 7/3/2014
ive got to side with tali on this, cerebus is worse then the reapers: they cant help but fulfill their programming but the illusive man chose to order those atrocitys of his own free will
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 7/3/2014
garrus is too sane and well adjusted for his own good...
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 7/3/2014
i fail to see why garrus would have any loyalty to miranda, let alone cerebus: he should be putting a bullet through her head from miles away not helping her!
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 7/3/2014
ive wondered who piloted the shuttle in ME2 and good to see that some of the cerberus crew has a heart, to nobody's surprise miranda is not among them
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
if the airlock is unavailable for waste/miranda disposal im sure that mordin could "forget" to put the seeker sward repellant on her armor