Reviews for Because You're Pretty
Lady Livia chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Dear God... Why is there not more of this?
I really enjoyed it. Well done. )
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Shiny! Yay for odd pairings!
Strawberrygirl chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
More?
TheLampPostStation chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Gr! I want so much to read this!

I'm a newbie to the whole Firefly fandom, and I'm only six episodes in, so I'm going to force feed myself firefly just so I can read amazing fanfics as this one appears to be!

Will return soon,

Lul
RionaEire chapter 2 . 11/8/2010
This is probably the only time I will be here to review. I'm okay and flexible with the idea of Wash/Kaylee if Zoe has passed away, I see what you mean about wondering why no one else has run with the idea based on that scene in Heart of Gold. I do think though that it wouldn't happen so soon afterwords. I think Wash would need a lot more time to get to that place, even if he'd had too much to drink. But the idea in itself, given more time to develop, is acceptable to me.

Riona
Ella Greggs chapter 2 . 11/2/2010
I find nothing comforting in the fact that he keeps calling her "the mechanic" and she keeps calling him "the pilot." Without even acknowledging each other's names, what kind of comfort are they really going to be able to give each other? Really liked how you wrote that scene between them in the hallway. Poor Kaylee, I think she's making a big mistake.
Jadzia Bear chapter 2 . 11/2/2010
Yay! A second chapter! Thank you Frank!

I love the idea of Kaylee's cheerfulness feeding off of Wash's, I can really buy that. And Kaylee's unfair anger at the doc is very in character too.

Another sweet chapter, I'd love to see more!
godsaidwhatxx chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
That one little Kaylee/Wash scene in 'Heart of Gold' is what made me fall in love with the idea of them as a pair. It is such an underrated pairing, for real. I love this so far and really really hope you write more. In fact, it'd pretty much make my year if you did xo
impeccableblahs chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Never thought I'd for for a Wash/Kaylee pairing. Glad to see this fandom hasn't died completely. Firefly's not very popular anymore is it? :/
NephilimEQ chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Please add more! Love it!
Zeta Sigma chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
*Gasp!* o.O
Jadzia Bear chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I really enjoyed this. Well written and interesting and a bit different.

I like that you remembered that Wash gave Mal a blood transfusion at the end of Out of Gas, so it makes sense that Simon would give him Mal's blood. And while I don't usually bother to go to the effort of explaining what happened to a canon pairing before launching into a non-canon one, I'm glad you did here, and so eloquently and neatly at that.

"the wind was gone, there was nothing to soar on now" - what a poignant line, and the romeo-and-juliet reference is beautiful. That was also quite "Doctor Who" of Wash, to save the girl without a gun.

Poor Wash. Regardless of whether she permits him to "take her in a manly fashion", hopefully Kaylee will help him heal. This chapter certainly stands on its own, but I'd really love to see more of this story.

Thanks for the invitation into that twisted imagination of yours, I enjoyed my visit ; )
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I for one would like to see another chapter. In the regular Firefly 'verse, I cannot imagine Kaylee responding positively to Wash when he's in this condition, and her reaction and what she says might cause him to re-think what he's doing. But grief can cause people to do all sorts of OOC things, and I'd be curious to see where you take this AU Wash and AU Kaylee. So I say keep going.
SusanMarieS chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
oh my how un-wash like, But this is completely understandable considering the circumstances. Thank you very much for the story..