Reviews for Gethsemane
ShakespeareCop chapter 2 . 7/16
I laughed at Jim playing with his badge. I can certainly see him doing that. I like Jean's character in this. She is clearly torn between wanting to support Jim in his career and wanting to keep him safe. Jim's also clearly stubborn enough to hold his ground on the issue. As far as the color to paint the bathroom, my vote is for lime green with pink accents. The bathroom in the very first apartment my wife and I rented after we were married was painted in those colors. Our kitchen was even worse, it was painted purple. I think the landlord got a good deal on the ugliest paints he could find.

I also liked the camaraderie between Jim and Bucky Stenzler. Jim is his usual goofy self, LOL. After tangling with Pete in both the parking lot and the break-room, I can see why he was so nervous after roll call. Stenzler is also interesting, his character gets a chance to shine. Good job on bringing him in to add to the poignancy of the story.

I hope you continue with this story. You do a good job of getting inside each man's heads and conveying their thoughts in their own voices, so it should be interesting to see their views during the episode scenes.
ShakespeareCop chapter 1 . 7/16
Pete's got some major emotional issues going on here. He's second-guessing himself and blaming himself for Parker's death, which is only natural in the aftermath of this kind of situation. I can also see him being angry with Mac and Val for apparently not trying to talk him out of quitting his job. He's quite the old curmudgeon with poor Jim. First he yells at Jim for dinging the door of his precious Mustang, then he gets irritated at Jim and Bucky for wandering into the break-room and interrupting his thoughts. Good thing his attitude changes as the series rolls on, LOL. I like the inclusion of Stenzler's character, even though we know what happens to Stenzler later on. I'm off to read Jim's chapter next.
PacManZach chapter 2 . 7/3
Good update to this. Does this mean you might be getting back to In The Aftermath Of Hell sometime? I would like to see how that story ends.
TnJAGAz chapter 2 . 6/27
Nicely done. Interesting to see the two varied points of view - two different worlds.
MartyTodPete chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Wow! I love how you brought Stenzler in, even though I know what his future holds,is stories I got to are sharp and crisp.I love that.I would love to chat sometime about tightening up certain areas (small areas!)in your don't detract from your writing but I'm notorious for catching the small stuff.I know how hard it is to doing it all my life.I'm not able to work anymore because of a legs are bad but the brain still works..most of the time.I just wish the type was bigger as I have trouble seeing smaller than that,I wish you continued inspiration,good health,and success!
LanaJoy chapter 2 . 9/30/2010
Honey, I read this chapter and thought I had left a review. Jami said no. I rushed over. I have actually reread it several times. It is very moving in parts for I am THE original Malloy fan. LOL and found the passages extremely personal in nature and loved every second spent with my Pete. Cassandra not withstanding. I know she is rather territorial about the man but so am I. And you write him beautifully with compassion and understanding and humor and wit. I am amazed at how well you understand him. Excellent chapter. The best I have ever read.
ladybuguab chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
Yeah New Chapter! Awesome job with it too.

I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope they clear up quickly.

I will gladly take one storyline at a time over nothing any day.
reeferguy chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
I don't watch this show but was told to come read the chapter. I liked the dark quality you convey. I actually will borrow some of the DVDs now to check out what's going on. My dad liked the show. If it's as good as this story, I will definitely tune in.
galirand chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
The whole idea behind fanfiction is to enlarge upon a character, to personalize him or her, to allow the viewer/reader to become more involved with their concepts. This is one of the best examples of what the writer can do to broaden the appeal of the show. I feel like I actually know Peter Malloy now. I can't wait for Reed to be next.
The Delirium Threemen chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
Great job wrapping the show around your story. Its a very hard balance. The thoughts going through Pete's head are what you would image them being as you watched the episode. YES those are the thoughts I believe were going on in Pete's mind.

You are marvelous, simply marvelous(insert Fernando's voice)

Can't wait for the next update

TDT
namvetmp chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
I was hooked from the 'pull my finger' remark concerning Baker.

I like that you are taking the actual show and enlarging on what the guys are thinking and how their actions came about. An interesting concept. As a fan of the show, let me say, this is very entertaining. I only wish that the producers would have thought of this when it first originated! It would still be on the air.
callih chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
First and foremost, just let me say..this has to be the quintessencial ADAM-12. I have never read a more enjoyable piece. You have given us: the smoking, drinking, guilty, lost, self-pitying, mean old grinch, crossing people off Xmas list's, I'm sorry for getting you killed, god can go fuck himself ...PETE MALLOY.

I can't find enough words to say how cool this chapter was. It's like I've been waiting since the show aired for someone..anyone..to write the real Peter J. Malloy! I sat with pete, wanted to hold him and comfort him and just tell him to get some damned counseling, anything to take his pain away. You put us right next to the guy. How could we not want to reach out?

the 'initiative is a another word for stupid' line..the cheap tijiuana hooker, $500 bucks from a john's wallet line..my god! LOVED IT..
Dreamer1985 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
great story.
ladysophia28 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I'm a Malloy fan but surprisingly, I didn't mind this first chapter from Jim's POV. I was, however, extremely happy when Pete showed up all surly, moody and in a bad mood. Premium Malloy in my POV. LOL. The inside scoop on the guys is pretty interesting, I have to say. My vote for the bathroom wall is, striped in mauve/whore house red with a chair rail painted in lime green. Yummmy..don't forget the flower decals. This is the 60s after all.
ladybuguab chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
My weekend just keeps getting better.

I find a new story posted, then look at the author's name and know its going to be great.

Finally, I read the first chapter and it lives up to everything that I expected it to be.