Reviews for Symphony of the Damned: The Prologue
Teizan chapter 13 . 5/22/2015
So I actually had to leave this story all alone at chapter ten for a while and I actually forgot the name and how many chapters there were.

So I get to the bottom, and see thirteen chapters. Damn it. This is exacerbated by seeing the 2010 date next page.

Then I see the name again: "Prologue".

Dear God, YES.
Skylark16 chapter 9 . 3/29/2013
I feel like that quote on my facebook "I'm not addicted. I can stop anytime. After I read one more chapter" lol
Skylark16 chapter 5 . 3/29/2013
Dude I so love where this is going! *runs to next chapter*
cellester chapter 9 . 3/28/2013
loved it!
Collard Greens chapter 12 . 4/10/2012
This was a great AU. I love the concept of Wilson actually succeeding in capturing Shepard. But there were a lot of sentences that were awkward to read because of a severe lack of commas to add pauses and give them better flow.
Liege Lord chapter 12 . 8/16/2011
Really good story, a nice way of doing things from an AU standpoint. Shepard appearing rouge isn't so much fun though. On to the next one. :)
Novice at Best chapter 13 . 5/3/2011
I love the Liara Shepard story line. I hope you continue it.
Novice at Best chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
great intro to the story
EM98 chapter 13 . 3/19/2011
For such a short a story the quality is amazing. However, it has some flaws, the Thorian got ignored after it's chapter and the one after that. And the ending could have had more detail, such as writing out the council's reaction in person, not just a description of it. But This got me excited for the second book anyway. Good job so far.
Morality0duality chapter 13 . 2/1/2011
The is moving catastrophically yet believably away from the game. I like it. Though I wonder how many OCs are you gonna make to fill in the crew. Will Sheppard be in the right place and time to find and to help her friends? will Tali be up a creek with out a paddle as the monster encroaches. Will Joker be a pawn in the maw of the lion as things go pear shaped? Will garrus bite the dust unheralded? Does Sira have the Dosiers? Will those poor fool fall to the virus? i want to find ou next time on SYMPHONY OF THE DAMNED.
Pixlet chapter 8 . 12/25/2010
cognitive manipulation? Seems i have to do some research on that ;/
Pixlet chapter 4 . 12/25/2010
lol karma's a bitch Wilson.
MechVVolf chapter 12 . 8/15/2010
I suppose I should have looked around for the "prologue", before asking you to post it... Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Well done!
Serran chapter 12 . 8/11/2010
Ok, I have just read this story and will have to voice my opinions.

The Premise is certainly unique and pretty good.

The writing style is nothing spectacular, it is however good readable and there are no slew of grammar or spellingmistakes to make you stop.

As for the actions of the protagonists...

Well I want to punch Shepard in the face for abject stupidity.

Shepard is a Special forces marine of quite literally the highest caliber.

The mere Idea that Mirandas Father, who could not work through being shot in the knee can get near enough to Sheppard to reach through her kinetic barriers in a combat setting is stretching well above the scope of the believable. Even more so if you consider that Sheppard did not sweep the room before rescueing Miranda.

Her Interactions with Sira are also questionable at best. Only the most stuborn dogheaded can succed in Special Forces training today, I doubt it will be any different in the ME- verse.

What I really found hard to swallow was that Shepard let the Blue Sun Mercs go, after they had been to Ilos, just on the reasurance that they did not take something.

Not even talking about having scanned tech there.

Tech that the Council was desperate to deny them only two years ago.

However Shepards "I've got a hunch about what may be behind the disappearance but I need you to check the mainframe while I snoop around a bit more." was what really had me sputering. THEY ARE IN A COMBAT ZONE.

It does not matter what they know or not, they are in unsafe environment, you do not split a Team in such a time unless it is literally life or death.

With someone to watch your back combat efficency increases severalfold.

Not to mention what we know about ME.

In no way shape or form should this sentence have ever been uttered in such a situation.

It cuts quality of the Story in half regardless of all other impropable and often contrieved concidences.

Why exactly did Sheppard bring her dreadnought with her to the Citadel?

Why not use a shuttle, fabricate one if you have to, (Sira has access to the designs of today) Or use another Relay to flee, it is Cannon that there are at least several around the Citadel.

And why did she not go to the Council after she was on the Citadel? Baring more advanced Nanites she was the same as in the OTL it would have saved a lot of grief and since you apparently want a paragorn Sheppard. (who is a lot different from the original paragorn, Shepard in the game, who knew wehn to shot and when not to)

If Sira can selfrepair she does not need a crew, maybe just a Pilot, going to Anderson because of that seems just stupid.

Working with Cerberus for Intelligence, especially since Sira can observe the extranet seems even worse then going to Anderson for the crew, if you have to make it two in one and get both from Anderson.

I did not mention all my griveances with this Story, and the dumb actions of the characters or the contrievednes of the plot.

The Story does however have a lot of potential, which is why I read it despite my misgivings while reading.

Take my coments to heart or not, I just had to let them out.
egoserenade chapter 13 . 7/31/2010
Wow, I really loved this 'prologue'! This is great writing. I found myself enjoying this every bit as much as the original plot, which is quite an accomplishment :)

It's a shame that so much has yet to really take place, but it's good to hear that you've got a lot of it already planned out.

Liara sounds rather manic, but at least it sounds as though she actually cares. That's an improvement from the apathy she exhibited in the second game's original story (something that really irked me since I really liked her in the first game).

Thanks for sharing this! I look forward to finding out how things continue.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »