Reviews for Symphony of the Damned: The Prologue
t3HPrO chapter 10 . 7/26/2010
So sorry I haven't been reviewing for the past few chapters, I was caught up with my architecture project(ugh...it's finally over...). Anyways, your story and flow are topnotch, readability is frakking amazing, and there are only a few very minor grammatical typo errors, which seem to elud ALL of us writers even whjen we proofread. Anyways, consider me hooked as usual! And keep up the excellent work!

P.S.: Never played KotOR, but heard it was epic, so can't say anything about Miri's Bastila complex.
BlackBlackHeaven chapter 10 . 7/25/2010
No no! It was all good! This was good, and it keeps getting better and better! Sorry I haven't reviewed in awhile, been a bit busy.

Anyways...Miranda and her Bastila complex. Hehehe. I can actually see that, throughout the game and in this story. Kinda amusing that you mentioned that.

Hmm as far as this chapter goes interesting progress. Legion joining them is intersting too. But with Sira, adding Legion isn't a stretch. It is nice though, considering Legion is ace.

Oh and I think I noticed like, one typo somewhere. But it was so small that it was forgettable. Regardless, interesting chapter. Shepard does indeed seem to find some odd friends, in even odder places. Oh well!

Do carry on!
Inverness chapter 10 . 7/25/2010
Great chapter, sorry you didn't get so many reviews for the last one, but I have been diligently following. P

I have a habit of not reviewing unless I don't like what I'm reading. Anyhow, very pleased with this chapter and I didn't expect to meet Legion so soon. But you seem to have characterized him well without directly copying what he said from the game (as I've seen one time).

I do have one issue with Legion though and that is how the geth build consensus:

"94% of runtimes favour this course of action. This is a sufficient consensus to proceed."

That is not how the geth work. The geth share data until all geth agree on the same course of action to take, meaning consensus is achieved. There is either consensus or there isn't, no middle ground. Of course with organics it would take forever to get everyone to agree on the same thing, but the geth think at the speed of light, so it is much faster with them. So basically, even if 99% of the runtimes agree, that is still not enough to take action, only 100% is sufficient.
paxm chapter 9 . 7/24/2010
The detail you add to your story is immense. I can see why this will be epic. :) Your dialogue is well written too.

The reference in the title of your fic still eludes me, though there is a small familiar grain about it that nags at me. So don't tell me yet. :) I'll try to figure it out.
macrazy99 chapter 8 . 7/22/2010
so far so great. It's really refreshing to see a different take on Mass Effect 2 and the Mass Effect universe as a whole. There are far too many stories that follow the story line way too much, and just barely dive into the characters in a different way then what we see in the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing this story unfold and what surprises you've got in store. Also, the sword bit is a nice touch, definitely looking forward to reading about Shepard crushing some people with it in the future!
Blze001 chapter 8 . 7/22/2010
I love how you've kept the story plausible. I can easily see how Mass Effect 2 could have split and followed this story-line. The descriptions of the ship and Shepard's enhancements are amazing. Sira reminds me of the Cortana character, especially with her relationship with Emma. I'm curious to see what part the SR2, if any, has in this storyline.
Herr Wozzeck chapter 8 . 7/22/2010
Oh, dear, this is going to be long, isn't it?

Awesome! That just means more of this that I get to read, so fun times are had!

I'm looking forward to the next few updates before the prologue ends. I hope to God you throw Thane into affairs later on; if you do, I'll be an extraordinarily happy reader. D

Anyhows, this really is going to be epic. Keep going!
Inverness chapter 8 . 7/22/2010
Wow, you've got a lot of this planned and written. I'm very pleased, because it would be sad if this story fizzled out like so many other great stories.
paxm chapter 7 . 7/21/2010
"Dammit, I'm a doctor not a mechanic!" An hommage to the The Matrix, if that was your intention. Swords and eldritch magic! I liked it all! And I'm thinking the helmet is a reference, but I can't place it (except for Vader, but his eyes didn't glow red and his helmet only had two slits). Anyways, I'm sure I missed a few, but these little gems are terrific. Your Shepard has a streak of irreverence that's quite appealing (at least to me). And your AI is so animated, so to speak. :) The story is also quite interesting. I'm really enjoying the departure from the regular storyline that we all know and love. Can't wait to read more!
Inverness chapter 7 . 7/20/2010
This is certainly not what I expected when I found this story. Chapter five propelled this story to the top of my list of stories that I most anticipate updates to (and expect to happen in a reliable amount of time).

I'll be very eagerly waiting to see where this goes next. I'm also hoping to see Legion soon. He is my favorite character. _
Kudara chapter 7 . 7/20/2010
Nice chapter, interesting to see the Collectors are still hot in pursuit of Shepard.
khaos974 chapter 6 . 7/19/2010
Interesting concept, very original story, I'll be following it.
Herr Wozzeck chapter 6 . 7/18/2010
All right, time I stopped shadow-reading this.

It's always interesting to see an ME2 AU, as it means quite a few things can change.

But this one especially... oh dear. There are so many places you could take this that it's ridiculous really.

So I want to see what happens next. Keep going; this is a good story you've got here, and it's appropriately intriguing.
BlackBlackHeaven chapter 6 . 7/18/2010
Well it seems lots has happened. Which is good. Glad to see that whatever Sira is, isn't exactly a Reaper. Though at first I was honesty doubtful. Strange AI, kinda reminds me of that one right before the final mission on the first game.

Regardless, great chapter. The last chapter was good to, by the way. A showdown you say? Nice. Showdowns are always so fun!
Kudara chapter 6 . 7/18/2010
Ah ha I was hoping it was something constructed by the Protheans. Interesting chapter, Sira is a ship?
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »