Reviews for Aftershocks IV
The Inner Genie chapter 22 . 7/28
Just finished your extraordinary Aftershock series. I enjoyed them very much. The stories were imaginative and satisfying, but what I appreciated most was that you captured the voices of the characters so accurately that I could visualize the actors through their dialogue and actions. Great job! I do have a question though, have you written any fan fictions that include how Sam and Jack finally got together when Jack got posted to Washington? Specifically a story of how they admitted their feelings to each other and established a romantic relationship and how they told their friends and families. Thank you for your well written stories. All the best, TIG
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 22 . 5/7
It makes me so very sad that you lost the inspiration for this nearly 4 years ago now. I very much enjoy your work and find your episode tags true to character and the show. I also love how you've kept Jonas in the story. I always hated how he just disappeared in the show. Anyway, I hope you regain your inspiration for this masterpiece at some point. Happy writing!
jacats chapter 22 . 3/25
I am absolutely loving your Aftershocks Series! I do hope you will finish IV soon and Atlantis also as soon as you are able...thank you so much for ALL your fabulous Stargate Stories...I love them all :-)
Kathryn Merlin chapter 22 . 3/12
I've been rewatching all of stargate sg-1 and reading this simultaneously, and it has been the absolutely best way to go. I don't know if you plan on finishing this but I really hope you do. It's the best fan fiction I've ever read (and I've read a LOT).
Brivall chapter 22 . 12/25/2014
I just wanted to say that I hope you finish this "Aftershoks IV" someday because if you don't it would be like George R.R. Martin not finishing "Song of Ice and Fire". XD!

It's too good to left it unfinished, I didn't read all your "Aftershoks" yet, but I would. You captured the spirit of SG-1 and the only thing that kept unresolved in the series; Sam and Jack. I wish to see your take on all the episodes that led to affinity, reckoning and threads because you build, complete the story and that's really interesting.

Well, I hope I have convinced you ;))! Thank you very much, and I wish you well!
rachel-kree chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
You're an amazing writer ! Thanks for keeping it canon...
I do hope one day you'll get to finish :)
Sam - SG1Fan60 chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Hi,

Just wanted to say Thank you so much for the Aftershock series, I have loved reading them.

You are an amazing writer / storyteller, truly gifted as it has already been stated!

I loved reading the series, from Sam/Jack ship to the team bonding; your characterizations of SG1 were very true to canon. I also liked the fact that you involved the other characters (Janet, Jacob, Bra’tac, Cassie, Dixon, Reynolds, the Ancients etc.) and we got to experience things from their points of view and interactions.

Thank you for sharing; your writing is a delight to read.

I hope that you finish the TAGs for season 8, health and real life permitting of course :-)

I look forward to seeing new SG1 - Stargate stories from you in the very near future.

I do hope things are getting better for you.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Sam []
ForeverSG1 chapter 22 . 11/16/2013
Ah man, no more TAGS to read! How sad. I believe I read that you have had personal issues that have prevented you from writing anymore. I do hope things are getting better for you. I also wanted to thank you for the Aftershock series. I've truly enjoyed the entire series and hope that one day you manage to find time to finish it. I'd love to read the remaining seasons.

You really have a gift at writing all the characters in a very believable manner, even the secondary characters like Reynolds, Dixon, and Walter. I especially loved how you kept Cassie, Jonas and Nyan alive and actively involved throughout the TAG series. It's nice to know they weren't completely forgotten. I also genuinely enjoyed who you put so much detail into showing what could have happened after each episode. I found them all to be thoroughly believable almost as if they were truly an addition to the episodes themselves. '

I must admit I've always been one to sit on fence regarding Sam and Jack. While I could admit that the closeness - 'feelings' between them was definitely canon, I never had a need nor desire to have them together within the contents of the show. Nor did I especially want to see their relationship evolve on screen, but I have to admit you're one of the few writers for whom I could believe the reactions of Sam and Jack within the context of the story. In my opinion, most writers go completely over the top to make S/J behave in ways that I do not believe is true to their characters; while others try to completely deny that their was ever anything written within canon to suggest there was ever an attraction. So while there were moments when I felt too much emphasis was given to these particular 'feeling's in your Tags, they were easy enough for me to overlook and still enjoy the overall story. Thank you very much for all the time you have given to this series. The team bonding moments were a genuine pleasure to read. I only wish we had been given more of them in the actually series. I was also especially grateful that you treated all the characters of SG-1 with the respect and honor that they deserved. Too often in fandom, you have writers who love Sam, but dislike Daniel or Jonas etc. ... and it's quite obvious in their writing. I was so happy to be able to read a story where the 'team' meshed so well together and I could actually hear the characters speak as I read the story. Again I do hope you one day finish this series. Good luck and god bless!
iloveseverussnape chapter 22 . 9/18/2013
So I'm doing a complete rewatch of SG-1 right now and after every episode, I read the corresponding Aftershock. It makes things so much more enjoyable to be able to read your take on the ramifications and events that happen after each episode. I hope you're still working on the episodes from season 8 because I just finished watching Lockdown! Looking forward to a new chapter soon!
Emily K-A chapter 22 . 8/6/2013
Goodness gracious ME! This series is pretty blooming- fantastic. By some happy coincidence I've been reading this and re-watching the series at the same time - and it has completely enhanced my viewing pleasure! You've added in so much original backstory, it's ingenious. May I ask whether you intend on finishing the Aftershocks series? I think it would be a crying shame if you didn't!

Thank you so much for writing this, it's been an absolute pleasure to read so far.
mightve-inhaledyou chapter 22 . 7/7/2013
I love this story SO MUCH! Now I'm scared it's permanently abandoned, since it's been so long since your last update. Do you have plans to continue? Either way, I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading. You really have a gift, and no matter what it is, you should keep writing. :)
devary chapter 22 . 5/22/2013
The aftershocks series truly feels like an episode extension. You've got their voices down so well, these stories feel like they are cannon to the series. It almost feels like the stargate story is not complete until you finish each episode. Please please please finish this excellent series.
Dozi199 chapter 19 . 3/16/2013
Hi, just wondering if you will eventually finish Aftershocks. It really is the best SG1 J/S fanfic on the web! I love your work, please don't abandon it!
Guest chapter 22 . 2/9/2013
I am SO SAD that I've reached the end of this series. I've been reading each Aftershock after watching the episode in question. It's enhanced my enjoyment of the series tremendously.

Your writing is stellar, your attention to detail is amazing, and your characterizations are so spot on that sometimes I forget whether something referenced happened in the show or in the fic.

I will soldier on through the rest of Season 8 without this lovely interlude between episodes, but I just wanted to post and tell you how much I've enjoyed the series. And beg you to finish Season 8! I would LOVE to see your take on the aftermath of Threads... I know it's been done to death, but I have a pretty good feeling you'd do it right. :-)
mtsuzie chapter 22 . 10/8/2012
I love the Aftershocks series and was wondering if you had planed to finish them? They are great stories!