Reviews for Project REDWOOD: A Deadly Premonition Novelization
York chapter 11 . 9/16/2014
Write more sooooonnn!
Dale Cooper chapter 10 . 9/16/2014
I like the fact that Emily is driving the car.
York chapter 6 . 9/15/2014
Keep the great work!
Dale Copper chapter 5 . 9/15/2014
Another great ch! I might play DP some day.
Dale Cooper chapter 3 . 9/14/2014
Very will done! I there was a real novel for DP.
York chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
Another great ch!
Ninja Master chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
Great so far!
Laraqua chapter 6 . 7/25/2014
A good biscuit is a dangerous thing indeed.
Laraqua chapter 5 . 7/24/2014
hehe, I like how you give us different perspectives.
Laraqua chapter 4 . 7/24/2014
Still luxuriating in his cadences. I know you haven't finished this and probably won't be doing so but that's all right. I love what you have here.
Laraqua chapter 2 . 7/23/2014
I love the humorous cadence to your descriptions that catches York perfectly. And I loved the fence conversation. Now I want to ask fences for their opinions.
Laraqua chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
I love your Zach tale. I actually heard his voice saying it in my thoughts. You have his speech rhythms exactly right.
terracannon876 chapter 12 . 8/19/2013
Thank you for this wonderful fic. I just started Deadly Premonition Director's Cut for the PS3 and the game had me so intrigued I am ... dipping my toes in the water that is the internet community for fear of spoilers. (It's very hard.) Luckily (or very unluckily), there aren't that many fics on Deadly Premonition out there, so I decided to read this one ... and I'm really glad I am.

It wasn't long after I started the game that I really grew to like York with his quirky gestures and knowledge of trivia. And I must say, I think you captured his voice perfectly, not only in the dialogue (which wouldn't be a surprise, since this IS a novelization and most of the lines are directly from the game), but also in the narration. In fact, I'm amazed with how much you delved into not only York's thoughts, but everyone's as you change POV every other chapter. None of these thoughts are ever talked out loud about in the game, though they may be apparent in the character's expressions (or in later reminiscence, which I wouldn't know about), and yet you make the story fuller by going deeper into the non-verbal aspects of the game. I guess what I'm saying is ... you don't just do a novelization; you make the story your own, which is something that rarely happens in something like this. It makes the fic a far more enjoyable read - not that I don't like the game, but I feel like I'm gaining something more while reading the fic as well.

My only regret is that I can't really read further than the lumber mill chapter because that is where I am in the game currently ;(

As for this chapter, I really enjoyed how you changed some events up such that ... it doesn't seem as ridiculous IRL. I can just imagine George's reaction as York goes around whacking at trees with steel pipes to get the red shiny thing in the tree XDDD

I'm also amused with how you handled York's conversations with Zach. In the game, though York almost always talks out loud to Zach ... you have to wonder if he's really doing it so audibly, or if it's always out loud, because if it were, I'd imagine the other characters being a lot more insulted than they actually were XD Can you imagine him playing cards...? He'd give away all of his hands! o_o

Anyways, thank you for the fic! I'll try to review more as I go on, and I hope you continue writing this sometime in the future! (While I have no idea where in the game the "Milk Barn" chapter occurs, it doesn't sound like the last chapter, so I suppose this fic is unfinished :( )
Guest of Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
You know, it would be nice if you finished this. Its been two years, and I already know about your part those Roleplaying Forums, York/Zach.

Seriously though, you work this far and this hard, and you don't finish it? Why'd you start it in the first place?
This big project, especially in detail, should be finished. Now you've left disappointment and shame. Most of my ideas are never worked onto paper or even written out in a story, but at least the few that though are finished.

Sorry, but dude, really?
Lady1011 chapter 56 . 5/10/2013
Oh wow a really good Deadly Premonition fanfiction I can't wait for the next updat-*sees last time you updated*...awww