Reviews for Project REDWOOD: A Deadly Premonition Novelization
terracannon876 chapter 12 . 8/19/2013
Thank you for this wonderful fic. I just started Deadly Premonition Director's Cut for the PS3 and the game had me so intrigued I am ... dipping my toes in the water that is the internet community for fear of spoilers. (It's very hard.) Luckily (or very unluckily), there aren't that many fics on Deadly Premonition out there, so I decided to read this one ... and I'm really glad I am.

It wasn't long after I started the game that I really grew to like York with his quirky gestures and knowledge of trivia. And I must say, I think you captured his voice perfectly, not only in the dialogue (which wouldn't be a surprise, since this IS a novelization and most of the lines are directly from the game), but also in the narration. In fact, I'm amazed with how much you delved into not only York's thoughts, but everyone's as you change POV every other chapter. None of these thoughts are ever talked out loud about in the game, though they may be apparent in the character's expressions (or in later reminiscence, which I wouldn't know about), and yet you make the story fuller by going deeper into the non-verbal aspects of the game. I guess what I'm saying is ... you don't just do a novelization; you make the story your own, which is something that rarely happens in something like this. It makes the fic a far more enjoyable read - not that I don't like the game, but I feel like I'm gaining something more while reading the fic as well.

My only regret is that I can't really read further than the lumber mill chapter because that is where I am in the game currently ;(

As for this chapter, I really enjoyed how you changed some events up such that ... it doesn't seem as ridiculous IRL. I can just imagine George's reaction as York goes around whacking at trees with steel pipes to get the red shiny thing in the tree XDDD

I'm also amused with how you handled York's conversations with Zach. In the game, though York almost always talks out loud to Zach ... you have to wonder if he's really doing it so audibly, or if it's always out loud, because if it were, I'd imagine the other characters being a lot more insulted than they actually were XD Can you imagine him playing cards...? He'd give away all of his hands! o_o

Anyways, thank you for the fic! I'll try to review more as I go on, and I hope you continue writing this sometime in the future! (While I have no idea where in the game the "Milk Barn" chapter occurs, it doesn't sound like the last chapter, so I suppose this fic is unfinished :( )
Guest of Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
You know, it would be nice if you finished this. Its been two years, and I already know about your part those Roleplaying Forums, York/Zach.

Seriously though, you work this far and this hard, and you don't finish it? Why'd you start it in the first place?
This big project, especially in detail, should be finished. Now you've left disappointment and shame. Most of my ideas are never worked onto paper or even written out in a story, but at least the few that though are finished.

Sorry, but dude, really?
Lady1011 chapter 56 . 5/10/2013
Oh wow a really good Deadly Premonition fanfiction I can't wait for the next updat-*sees last time you updated*...awww
GirlCalledBob chapter 56 . 11/9/2012
Words cannot describe how much I love this story so far... I know it's been a long time since you updated it, but I think I'll hold out hope that you'll come back to it one day, because it is the kind of story that makes me happy inside.
kinokokichigai chapter 50 . 5/22/2012
these interactions that you've written between jim and york give me chills. you're really adding depth to these characters, and it's fantastic.

thank you for writing this.
Cy chapter 55 . 4/7/2012
how i wish you can update soon...
DP Fan chapter 56 . 10/18/2011
I hope you haven't abandoned this story it's really great :(
James Birdsong chapter 56 . 10/17/2011
Very excellent story and well written _
Blattdorf chapter 56 . 6/13/2011
I've just caught up with the story and I have to say that you're doing an amazing job with it. Honestly, at first I was a little apprehensive, considering the unique nature of the source material. But as I read on, I began to appreciate how you expand upon the original story, flesh out certain tidbits and tackle the more gamey segments. It gives the story more oomph, since it never was about the murders, but about York/Zach and Greenvale. Oh, and I really like it that you don't stick to York's perspective all the time, since it allows you to show the behind-the-scenes of Greenvale.

Lest I forget, I also like how you're making the investigation more of an investigation, as it makes the whole thing less... random, and gives York more chances to shine, for example the part with Jim Green when York comes to visit him.

In short, 10/10 - do continue!
Mz Cloud chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I do look forward to your next update. As I am sure others are as well. :)
SushiJaguar chapter 56 . 2/21/2011
This is probably one of the better novelizations I've read, and it's about one of my favourite games too, so bonus points, mate!

Zach, you're going to have to keep me in check till the next update!
Vampuric Spider chapter 56 . 2/7/2011
Love this chapter especially the end. Were you going for the Spiderman reference? Keep up this wonderful story, and I look forward to the end.
Vampuric Spider chapter 55 . 1/30/2011
Another fun chapter. I especially enjoyed the conversation between Emily and Becky and I will enjoy seeing the next part of the story.
Vampuric Spider chapter 54 . 1/18/2011
Another interesting chapter. I can't wait to see where we go from here.
epicinsanity101 chapter 54 . 1/18/2011
I get so excited when you update. I do a little fist pump dance and everything. Probably because this story is so fantastic and well written. It's been a while since I read a fanfiction as lovely as this one is :D