Reviews for Missing TnT Scenes Season Three
MangKulas chapter 24 . 11/28/2012
I like this ending so much better
Jamieson Zed chapter 24 . 8/23/2012
And I have come to the end (of this season, anyway!). Great way to end it, and you're absolutely right - his comments in Home (and the rather obvious way he was checking her out when they arrived at Vulcan before her mother arrived to spoil it all) definitely alluded to something more going on between them, something rather recent. I choose to believe your account here (and throughout this entire series of missing scenes) is absolutely, positively what happened. It's too good not to be true ;-)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Season 3 insights with us, can't wait to move on to Season 4 D
Jamieson Zed chapter 23 . 8/23/2012
I can see Trip rejecting an idea that gets everyone killed. He's willing to sacrifice himself for others, but he would never want the others to join him...although I can see him finally giving in if it were the very last option left to them. That's one of the things I've always liked about the character, and something that was driven home in Season 3, first with Similitude and later on with episodes like Damage - he does what is in the best interest of everyone else, even if it means it's not in his best interest. Of course, martyrdom is not always a good personality trait to have, but it certainly can endear one to an audience ;-)

I must admit...having T'Pol extend that one little overture at the end of this scene was really touching...a perfect example of her care and concern in an appropriate, subdued Vulcan way (well...almost...the pie is a little touch of volatile Vulcan emotions, making it all the more appropriate for her). Loved it!
Jamieson Zed chapter 22 . 8/23/2012
Told myself I wasn't gonna continue with these at least until lunch, but my rage at the pure incompetence and vindictive spite of one of my fieldwork directors (resulting in a significant lack of data with I'm trying to work right now) required a brief respite, and this was a great calming draught. Excellent, as always...I like that you're not shying away from making it known that people notice these weird and interesting interactions these two have...while it was hinted at a few times throughout season 3 and 4, I was kinda surprised it wasn't commented upon more often. I always like learning how others view them from a more objective point of view.

Okay...back to the rage. Hopefully (at least for me) I'll be able to last another hour before crawling back here for another fix. No promises...although taking an interlude for this definitely helped in the calming of said rage. For now ;-)
Jamieson Zed chapter 21 . 8/23/2012
I can't imagine a more frustrating thing for him to go through - to be witness to their future together, to see a healthy son who was obviously so wanted by his parents as to have an entire medical overhaul done just so he could come into this world...and then be faced with her absolutely refusal (at least on the surface) to acknowledge that it would ever be a possibility for *them*. Trip's sheer stubborness is probably what kept him at it, because most would be so discouraged by then. Loved the exchange between him and "T'Pold" (heh, I like it), it helps to straighten out why he did actually persevere through her younger self's vehement denials. It's also nice to see she can still take him on in a good bout of bantering after all that time without him :-)
Jamieson Zed chapter 20 . 8/23/2012
Ah...the comment in E2 about him avoiding her since they "had sexual relations" makes much more sense now that it isn't being inferred from way back in Harbinger! Because they certainly interacted after that (the comforting scene in this episode, where your missing scene takes off from, is a prime example). Once again, you're fixing continuity, and I like it!
Jamieson Zed chapter 19 . 8/23/2012
Ah, foreshadowing :-) Masaro...is this the event that finally turns you into a supporter of the budding Terra Prime movement? I noticed another quick, subtle mention back in one of the earlier episode scenes where you hinted that he might be less than enthusiastic with Vulcans or aliens in general. Depending on whether baby Elizabeth required a full gestation or if the cloning process significantly decreased that time (were we ever given that info?) I'm assuming he would have had to provide those DNA samples either right before they left for the expanse or right when they returned. Based on what you've written in these scenes, it could be either/or.

Great insights yet again ;-)
Jamieson Zed chapter 18 . 8/23/2012
It's been so long since I saw this episode for the first time (well, duh!), so I can't recall what my initial, misinformed reaction to T'Pol's behaviour was during this time, but I'm glad that you've added more depth to the issue. It wasn't just the addiction an the sudden, forced "cold-turkey" withdrawal that was affecting her, it was the loss of Trip and the comfort and dependence he brought with him, which makes this situation so much harder on her and so much more believable in terms of extremes. Love it.
Jamieson Zed chapter 17 . 8/22/2012
I'm enjoying the more direct approach your missing scenes are taking, specifically in the two of them actually addressing the elephant in the room on occasion. I like knowing that they are still somewhat (or perhaps moreso) open with each other even after all that has happened. The show had them all closed off and unable to communicate, which is at odds with the progress they'd been making all season. Even if I didn't expect them to sit down and have "share-time" every episode, I had more faith in their friendship and newfound understanding to think they'd be able to talk at least a little about what was going on. That is why I'm liking your scenes so much - you're not just adding a bit more T/T goodies, you're fixing oversights and inconsistencies with their relationship. This one goes a long way to show that, despite everything, they're still close, and it helps transition to some of their more private scenes later in the season that otherwise seem out of place.

Doesn't hurt that the writing it top-notch, either ;-)
Jamieson Zed chapter 16 . 8/22/2012
Uh, T'Pol? Speaking as someone who has a Masters in Anthropology...I can tell you most assuredly that yes, there certainly is a field dedicated to the study of sex! Of course, it's probably not nearly as, uh...**hands-on** as one might think. That said, we archaeologists don't tend to mix too much with those crazy socio-culturals...we just have erotic vase paintings and enormous ceramic dildo effigies (not even kidding...), whereas they get to play - er - study real people, so who knows what the hell they get up to in the name of "research" ;-)

Loved it, especially the little Corporal Cole insertion at the end there - T'Pol is a master at staking her claim without actually staking her claim p
Jamieson Zed chapter 15 . 8/22/2012
And there goes that pesky bond making it's appearance! Although, and correct me if I'm wrong...I got the impression that you insinuated the first stirrings of the bond a bit earlier in these missing scenes? It would make sense, even if you wanna get all evolutionary like Trip - create a connection *before* they mate to ensure that it actually happens. And if you weren't insinuating that...well...it still works for me! Loved this one...I'll be honest, this is the one I was *waiting* to get to since I started going through these scenes a work, and I told myself I had to make it this far before bed.

Buuuuttttt I may just have to read one more tonight ;-)
Jamieson Zed chapter 14 . 8/22/2012
You gotta feel a little sorry for Amanda...poor girl never stood a chance p
Jamieson Zed chapter 13 . 8/22/2012
I can't help but be reminded of the story Trip told Kov about chickening out and staying in the corner instead of asking his school-boy crush to dance with him. T'Pol is totally the boy in the corner.

As always, great insights, and great writing.
Jamieson Zed chapter 12 . 8/22/2012
Oh Archer...going around and closing yourself off from everyone does not make for being well-informed! I've always felt bad for Trip in that regard...right when he needed his best friend the most, that's when Archer starts alienating everyone, and that friendship never seemed to fully recover. I really enjoyed this scene, a great insight into a different POV of this budding relationship.
Jamieson Zed chapter 11 . 8/22/2012
One thing that annoyed me was that rather large gap of significant neuropressure mentions or other more personal interactions (unless I'm forgetting something important, entirely possible) between Similitude and Harbinger to bring them to the point they were at in the latter episode. This scene certainly goes a long way in helping to explain how they got back on track, as it were, after the personal realizations they both experienced as a result of Sim's presence/existence.