Reviews for HALF LIVES
Hono no tenshi chapter 31 . 3/2
Wow, just wow. Thanks for sharing with us your awesome story. A new approach to RoyEd I really liked. Now I'm gonna read the next two parts, I can't wait!
Feolkieer chapter 8 . 12/30/2014
So I've been reading and rereading this story for some time now and haven't left a review anywhere... Haha I'm just one of those people. But I've decided that the sheer, overwhelming awesomeness of this story absolutely deserves recognition (And I'm not saying awesome in the slang way it's used now. I mean literally so awe-inspiring one simply cannot comprehend it.). I've decided I'm not going to do the awkward "comment on every chapter even if you don't have much to say about it" thing and instead, just do one long review on the whole story. I chose this chapter to post it on because it really embodies the whole story for me. I can reread this chapter again and again and it will always be like the first time, when I finally began to understand just what this story was going to be.
From the very beginning, I was captured by the idea of this story. You took the relationship that millions of people ADORED and showed the reality of it. Personally, I never thought that Winry and Ed would ever work. Not that I'm a Winry-hater, but I think they're just too similar, and they really always had that "more than friends" relationship- you know, the sibling kind. I'm glad that you've changed around the feel of the main storyline, and you did it very well. I just love how you've done it while still keeping your story's setting years in the future. Your writing style is truly unique.
As I said before, this was the chapter where things really fell in place for me. I became enamored with this alternate reality and the possibilities of where it could go. The beginning of this chapter was very convincing in the argument that Ed and Winry didn't belong together. It's strange how most people don't even think to look at Winry's treatment of Al. We all noticed her hitting Ed, and we all probably laughed, even as we thought, "That's sure to cause some brain damage," but during that scene in Brotherhood, we were so focussed on the emotions of the scene, we only distantly noted her hitting Al, and it never occurred to us that that was dangerous in any way. It's really interesting to consider.
In the hospital, Ed's breakdown was really long-overdue. He's had so much shit thrown at him, and all he ever did was grit his teeth and yell a bit. He's always been the strong one, and he just needed someone to be there for him. Roy's response was just beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The scene was so high in emotion, it was physically painful. It made me (is this embarrassing to admit?) so insanely jealous. I felt such a longing for what they had that my heart literally hurt. Wouldn't we all be lucky to have a love like theirs; unassuming, completely accepting, unconditional? Even thinking about it now makes my chest tighten and my breath quicken, I want it THAT much.

SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON

Through the rest of the story, this feeling never diminished. One of my favorite scenes was when Ed was going to leave and Roy, despite his desire for Ed to stay by his side, helps him on his way. Ed's realization of just how devoted Roy was to him was very powerful, and I was so happy when Ed didn't go. I don't know if I would've ever been able to forgive Ed if he threw away something so precious as that XD.
I won't talk about any other scenes beyond that point, as I'd just end up repeating myself again and again, but one other aspect I'd like to mention is the sex. The way you write it and the emotions you tie into it really show how different doesn't mean wrong. I feel like this story could convince people that it's okay to experiment in new things when it comes to sex (I'm also kind of talking about WHOLE LIVES, too). The whole dynamic of their relationship is beautiful. I absolutely love your writing!
I feel like I didn't quite get my point across as I'd have liked to, but I did my best! I'm not a writer, really. Your characters and stories are very gripping, and I hope you never stop writing down the stories you think of. Thanks for reading the appreciative ramblings of an artist!
The-Living-Shadow chapter 3 . 11/2/2014
now THIS makes more sense than the manga/anime. I'm sorry...but abuse it abuse. Winry and Edward should have NEVER ended up together, and those who thinks it's okay for her to hit him...
If the roles were reversed, and it was him, a MAN hitting her...would you think it's okay then?
Pfft chapter 31 . 7/8/2014
...so that is WHY you didnt marked them as completed... genius and sttupid decision at the same time...cause some readers want find some completed edition, they will not find your marvelous fic though... but its worth of interesting sacrifice path you make so ill let it go... Good work. Now I'll take your next sequel.
Hermi-Black chapter 31 . 7/5/2014
HI Girl,! I just come to say again that I really love your fic the 3 of them and now i come to you for ask you permision to translate this fic to spanish, i think that the Spanish speakers need to know about this grewat comic angst and romantic fic that you write. I really hope taht you could gimme me your permission I will do my best to do it great, and algo to let you know about all the review that you get.
nochick-fics chapter 31 . 5/24/2014
I WAS having a bad night. What better way to brighten my spirits than to read this through start to finish for the hundredth time?

Just what I needed. I'll never, ever grow tired of this wonderful story.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 3 . 5/8/2014
I wished you had warned me about Winry. You explained it very well, though.
jbhbg chapter 9 . 9/22/2013
*o* So fucking hot!
Guest chapter 10 . 9/14/2013
I want to kick myself.
Sebastian! Claude!
:D
nochick-fics chapter 10 . 8/31/2013
Hehe, I had to sneak back over here to reread a few chapters.

I can't even express my love for this. Not properly, anyway. But you already knew that. 3
Sonja Jade chapter 16 . 8/8/2013
"Let me..."
The most powerful two word sentence in the english language.
Sonja Jade chapter 14 . 8/8/2013
I had to go back and reread this, and This kiss at the end makes me cry every time. Every single time. My stomach gets knotted and nervous and I'm just so happy for both of them. Easily my favorite fan fic of all time ever, and I ship Royai pretty damn hard. Love this fic, love you!
xxnarufanxx chapter 31 . 7/15/2013
oh good i really LOVE this story! just awesome!
Fairyboydammit chapter 31 . 3/7/2013
I feel bad for not reviewing this chapter by chapter, but I wasn't able to stop reading long enough for that. RoyxEd has never been my favorite pairing but it's one that can be done spectacularly, as this is a great example of. Between the very real and very likely problems to be faced in Ed and Winry's marriage and how that is written, to the spots of humor among the drama and the absolutely gorgeous love scenes, this is definitely my favorite RoyxEd fiction, and having read Babylon that is saying something. People throw around the old cliche 'I laughed, I cried...' far too much, but I haven't howled with laughter or been moved to tears by literature like this in a while, it's great, deeply effecting writing and I can't wait to start on Whole Lives.
Lyson chapter 31 . 2/17/2013
This was great, enjoyable throughout. Your very consistent with the feel of a story. kudos.