Reviews for Something in Between
Fiinalen chapter 1 . 10/19
Wow! After reading this for the first time I couldn't move on to a next story. I had to read it again. I wanted to absorb every delicate detail and sense every shiver from both Jane's and Lisbon's POV and I got my heart's desire. I'd say here you have reached the verge of perfection in describing how this beautiful couple let themselves find a new level of closeness in their relationship. Loved it! Thank you so much, yaba!
rcfan77 chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Very very good! :)
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 5/3/2015
Lovely, not just for the beautifully described passion between them, but the thought that they might finally accept the comfort so readily available from the other - and not just physical. Thank you.
RikaRiko chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
So, I usually only read Mulder/Scully fanfics, but I decided to try some Jane/Lisbon ones. I'm VERY VERY picky. If there is one word or action I cannot actually see them saying/doing, I'm done. Characterization is the #1 thing for me in fics and I swear you could be a writer for the show. Well done...and that was so hot!
G chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
And four years after, someone reads this story on the morning train to work and nearly cries out of emotion. It's not the best thing I've read in my life but surely is one of the most emotional. It reminds me of feelings, things that I've felt in my life and I'm still feeling cause I'm in love and I've been for not so long, so I still perfectly remember the first night, the day after, the moment when you're still scared to commit... and all this with a great description and development of the chara,ters... thank you, really. I'm gonna read the other ones... as soon as possible!
MentalistLover13 chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
This was a very beautiful piece. I loved every word of it and the way it flowed in a flawless fashion. It is one of those stories that after reading you know that it is simply impossible to not read it again. Breathtaking in every sense of the word!
Entwife Incognito chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Terrific story!
sweetlovebird1 chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
So beautifully written! Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing!
Kadesch chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
A beautiful story! Love the tenderness!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
lovely. It's easy to imagine this behind the scenes, and i especially liked the loss of the ring notion. Great job, i really enjoyed it and you're a good writer :)
csiAngel chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This is beautifully written. I like the way we learn of the previous night through snippets, to find them the morning after and see them deal with that. It is very real and so lovely. I noticed there are sequels. I'm heading there!
optimistiCelia chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Everything about this fic is perfection, up to and including the snippet of Trespassers William lyrics. It's a lovely touch that the song goes so well with - and really sets the mood for - the story. That's so often not the case.

Anyway, I really love this. Your writing is beautiful, your characterizations exact, and your descriptions - there are no words.

Thank you so much for this lovely work of art.

Nimueiswriting chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Awww, what a wonderful jisbon fic!
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Incredible story! Amazing! I really enjoyed it! Very deep and emotional and very hot!
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
So. The strangest thing, but I'd read this one before and apparently I didn't leave a review? Which is just weird, because I'm almost certain that I did and i think FFN might have eaten it. But anyway, I came back because I wanted to do a re-read as your BB fic is obviously a continuation from this. And I also still have to read the second one, YAY.

Anyway. I don't know what happened to my original review, but since I've read it again I might as well leave another one now hehe.

First of all, what I possibly love most about this fic, is the entire first section. Your description of Lisbon waking up to unfamiliar surroundings, to her going back to the night before and kind of telling us what happened is lovely. The entire scene is so vivid in my head because your description is simply so detailed.

Secondly, Lisbon's thought process throughout this is pretty great. I especially like the way you so nicely tied it into the middle of season 2, when she was indeed feeling anxious and sad because of Bosco's death. We only got to see little hints of her grieving on the show (and not always in a good way) but you expanded on these and it's very in character.

And honestly, I've said this before, but you write love scenes between them SO well. I always enjoy them and this one was no different. I especially liked that you didn't actually write about their first night together, but opened with the morning after. That's a nice touch.

"She's uncertain for a moment, but then reaches out and runs her fingers through his hair, indulging in a fantasy she's certain most women who've come into contact with him have had."

This line made me grin, because I haven't even come into contact with him but I'm guilty of that fantasy LOL. Srsly, his hairrrrr!

"Regardless of what this is between us," he starts softly, a hint of vulnerability in his eyes, "I wouldn't be able to disrespect you or my…past by leaving it on, at least not for the moment."

I don't even have words for how perfect that line is. It makes me want to keysmash :p

I love how they both acknowledged that they're not ready for anything more, and to just see where it would take them. I've already read the summary for the second part (hehe) and it's just perfect to have it be followed by "they both knew it was never just about sex". It seems like typically them.

I really enjoyed this! :) Can't remember what other ramblings I wrote in my initial review, but it probably came pretty close haha!