Reviews for The Name
NillyNarwhal chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
I really like this. I like reading Hetalia fanfics about their existence and origins and such.
Thanks for a great story.
siriusxremus22 chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Wassermagierin chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
This is really cute, but also sad somehow...

I've read several times that HRE-Germany, and I've always wanted to know how the other nations would have reacted to that. I love your characterization of Austria; I've always seen him as mainly cultured and quiet, with spontaneous bouts of annoyance/anger.

"But you're still my brother."

Roderick tried desperately to hide how happy that made him. He thinks he succeeded. Siegfried knows he didn't.

This? Simply heartwarming! I love it!
too-much-romance chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Yes. You just reel us in with the simple name and summary. XD

It's a nice side that this is told from, a proper acting but still carrying cousin/brother, and HRE's childishness, and OH GOSH addressing Germany's lack of a last name by using HRE's lack of a name at all!

Knowing half of the the history and name translations on the fly made me really enjoy it too. ~ (Because, I was bored and looked up the meaning for a couple of Germanic names.)

Curious though, where did he come up with Siegfried on his own? Did he even realize the relation to the Norse for this?

"He thinks he succeeded. Siegfried knows he didn't." Gaw. XD And now I want to look into more of the relationship between Austria and Germany. Not just what Hetalia jokes about them, but the historical stuff fanfiction can bring to eyes, so thanks for that.

Oh, and sorry Austria, I kinda laughed at the end where you abruptly cried. ;

PS - Still working on that Sweden fic? My writing style is totally different from yours, but if it's just grammar and such I can beta it fine.
Emerald-Leaves chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
;_; Omg this was beautiful! I'm nearly in tears! Poor Roderich, we give him a hard time, but I do love him too...this was just a wonderful little fic! Thanks so much for sharing! This really did make my night! :)
Chew-a-Pick chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Lovely. I love the parallel you draw between HRE and Germany and how this is from Austria's POV. The bit about classical music seems kinda out of place, though, IMHO.

Btw, you misspelt Roderich's name a few times. ;p
Erica Anna chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
i love your story, its so nostalgic..kinda...

but,, as a classical music enthusiast...

i really thought that Wolfgang Amadeus was Mozart's first name...

that's all..
L.Hawk chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I like it very much, although I'm pretty sure Wolfgang was Mozart's first name and Johannes was Bach's. Still, a very good story.
karatemaster101 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I think your story is sooo cute! I love it.

However, no offense or flame intended, I would like to point out that neither father nor son Mozart had been named Johannes. The more famous, son Mozart, was Wolfgang Amadeus. Meanwhile, you also confused Bach's name, which is Johann Sebastian, not Wolfgang Amadeus.

Being a fan of classical music, I just felt that I should correct you, unless you were referring to a different, lesser known composer.