Reviews for Ordinary
TheSarahUs chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
"And, sometimes, he catches her eyelids lower with exhaustion for a minute or two until she can build the mask their people are used to seeing." - nice, and I say that with no sarcasm at all.

And I definitely agree with you on the Susan & Edmund versus Lucy & Peter. I could never really bring myself to feel more than 'like' for the eldest and the youngest. The two middle children are the best, IMO. And I always felt such sympathy for Susan regardless of how she acted. It didn't seem fair in any way that she'd be left out like that, a bit like Edmund in the beginning come to think of it.
Mighty Lion chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I completely agree when you say Susan and Edmund are overlooked! I thought this was a really great way to see how close they really are. I liked this a lot :)
The Madman From Hollywood chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
You know, I'm aghast about how most people feel about Susan, including how C.S. Lewis seems to view her himself. When I read The Horse and His Boy, Susan was portrayed as the cause of a major problem and somewhat weak. As an Atheist, I detested the Last Battle (found it too preachy) and Susan's fate. Why should religion (or lack thereof) transcend familial love? :( I'm glad there are SOME people who care about Susan.