Reviews for Echoes of the Past
Sandanio chapter 8 . 9/25/2011
To be fair, Fate only wears twintails when she's using magic and going on missions and the like. But doesn't Lutecia wear the same hair-style as current!Fate, soft spoken, shy, have red eyes and just so very Fate-like?
Enjael1 chapter 8 . 8/31/2010
Isn't there a saying about children finding lovers

simular to their parents? Are you going to write

about the early careers of Nanoha and Hayate too?
JBebe chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
That omake had me rolling! Anyway, I really enjoyed this story and you wrapped it up very nicely too.
ByLanternLight chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
A nice little intermission that I can completely see happening in canon. 5/5.
Moczo chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Not much to say here beyond 'nice wrap-up' and 'I wish Fate was my little sister', so I'll just echo the usual sentiments:

Good story overall, with a nice blend of action, intrigue, and tooth-rotting adorable sweetness.

Val is fun, and I'd like to see her again in future works if the inspiration strikes you.

And Vivio... if you're into girls, there's a lot worse you could do than one who's just like Fate-mama. Nanoha-mama doesn't know how good she's got it :D
ariel stormcloud chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
great story
Aotrs Commander chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Excellent and entertaining story as per your usual standard. Keep up the good work.
GeshronTyler chapter 7 . 8/23/2010
Cool ending to the battle. You also came up with a plausible way to give our two Enforcers a real challenge. Hopefully Montana won't have to pay too high a price for his foolishness. Or anyone else, for that matter. I'm pretty sure you'll do a "wrap up" chapter next. I'd like to see more of Yaris, if inspiration strikes, with or without Fate. Maybe Yari could meet the "White Devil" during a refresher combat course or something. Or Hayate and the Wolkenritter.

Thanks, read you next time.
deathcurse chapter 7 . 8/23/2010
Heh, I should probably review the previous chapters first, but so much fun thoughts came into my head while reading this that I couldn't resist! D

I love the way you describe the subjective power levels of the characters. Having Yaris think that she could take Montana while Fate wouldn't even notice that there was a fight is a great way of showing us just how powerful the protagonists are in relation to the antagonist, as well as the magic types are to each other in this case. Also, later on, when Yaris noted warily how Fate had been jolted back from a hit by Montana. Having the power levels sorted out in my head made reading the fight much more enjoyable, as I could easily equate how surprising of an opponent Montana is than expected, as well as how well our canon star Fate is doing against him.

Giving Montana/Thessidor a fairly sympathetic reason for attacking the airport was nice (he wanted to stop the noise that was disturbing the dead), as it provided a good reason for an exciting fight to take place instead of just "He went mad and started blasting stuff, then our Enforcers came in to fight".

And hahaha, Yaris' comment "B-rank scrying specialty my foot" would probably have referenced a different body part if Fate hadn't been a kid? P

Hm, I wonder if Fate was referencing Precia there? Does Fate feel guilt for letting her mother die?

The first time I read "[Fate] laughed mentally" when she shifted to Sonic form, I thought it read "maniacally", and I went "WHAT?" while laughing hard XD. A wonderfully vivid scene that moment was-I could clearly imagine Fate zipping around with a smile on her face. The part where Fate snatched the Circlet off Montana's head was also nice too, I'm imagining her doing a crazy sharp-angled turn (which makes me think, what kind of G-forces could Barrier Jackets take? ))

Overall, great chapter, and great fight sequence. It was both informative, descriptive and exciting!
JBebe chapter 7 . 8/23/2010
Excellent fight scene-really well done. And Yaris' last line was just perfect. I guess all that's left is the mopping up?
Moczo chapter 7 . 8/23/2010
Ah, yes, the obligatory, 'if that barrier jacket takes just one hit, you'll die!' line.

As good as I remember it, with an excellent action sequence serving as a good climax to a great story. Hope to see Val again in future works, she was a lot of fun!
Angurvddel chapter 6 . 8/20/2010
This is quite frankly, a pretty amazing piece of fiction. The characters are fun as hell (I would love to see Yaris pop up in other fics for example) and the plot reads like an episode of an great procedural (Though, I guess with a few less red-herrings than usual). Mind you, it's pretty easy to see what was coming (though not the exact details), but that fact actually made the story more enjoyable in some ways.

And also, extra cookie points for keeping the show's naming conventions. Never have more browser tabs been filled with random car information pages while I read a fic.
ariel stormcloud chapter 6 . 8/20/2010
great story
GeshronTyler chapter 6 . 8/16/2010
"Oh, well done, sir, I say!" _ I envy your ability at coming up with and detailing a "police procedural" like this. You managed to have our officers deduct the proper conclusion without using the perpetrator causing an incident to make it all become clear. Not too mention how Fate's own past resonates with the current situation.

Thanks, read you next time.
ShadowCub chapter 6 . 8/16/2010
I think the crap hit the fan and is about ready to blow back.