Reviews for Paradigm
DrunkOnJerichohol chapter 15 . 6/22/2014
I love the frequent updates, first of all! They're great. As for the chapter, I think my favorite part was seeing Stephanie start to revert back to her old self. She did have that little breakdown toward the end of the chapter, but I can't really blame her for that, considering the circumstances. I loved that Linda took the time to thank Chris for giving her a piece of her old daughter back, because I'm not sure anybody besides him would hold enough power to be able to do that; not even Shane. I love that Steph was carefree enough to hum again, and I could see a pretty distinct change in her behavior even in the beginning of the chapter. She seemed more laid-back and well-rested, the way she woke Chris up and made conversation with him about sleeping the day away. I really love the whole vibe she gave off this time around, and it's nice to see the progression of her character through all these major life changes. She's finally coming back around again.

Okay, so, with Vince and Chris, I do think Vince is asking a lot, but it's all for a very good reason. Besides, like he mentioned, the plan was Chris's to begin with, so he should be willing to hold up his end of the bargain, not that I'm saying he wasn't willing, because he definitely stepped up to the plate. Chris was really brave about the whole thing, but he's also anxious, and I can't honestly blame him for feeling that way. This plan has a few cracks in it that could possibly allow just enough room for something to go majorly wrong, and I have a bad feeling that's exactly what's going to happen. Besides, for all we know, Hunter could be playing Chris and the McMahons right back. His phone call made it seem like he only thought Stephanie was spending time with her family to help Shane recover, but he's probably smarter than that and realizes there's a good chance Steph has told her family what really went down with him. At the very least, he probably suspects she told Chris, since he's her best friend, and I can't help but feel like he's got an evil little plan of his own brewing. Even Shane mentioned that Hunter is always on his game and paying attention to detail, even if it doesn't seem like it. I'm worried. :/

I hope Chris can work out and get back into ring shape, because Hunter's at the top of his game right now. so it's going to take almost a miracle to get Chris where he needs to be in a month's time. It just doesn't seem like enough time, and it probably won't be, but all he can do is his best and hope that Vince will have a back-up plan in effect in case of an emergency. Knowing how ruthless Steph can be and seeing her get back to her old self, I wouldn't be surprised if she cooks up a secret plan on her own to make sure Chris stays safe. I understand why she got emotional during their talk because, in a sense, Chris is really all she has left. He's the only person she can depend on to get all of her needs met, because there's no one who relates to her quite as well as he does - not even her family. As far as Hunter making a confession to Chris in the ring about what he's done, I don't know if it'll play out the way Vince and Chris want, but I sure hope it does and that he pays for his mistakes. I just keep imagining the earpiece falling out of Chris's ear during the match, which would ruin everything they're working toward. So much to worry about!

I'm nervous to see how all of this turns out, because each time I read a chapter, I have this sinking feeling that we're only getting the calm before the horrible storm. I want everyone to stay safe, especially Ash, because's he's innocent in all of this. He needs his father, though, so Chris has to find a way to get through this. There's no other option except survival, and the hard part is figuring out exactly how to make that happen, but if anyone can do it, it's Chris and the McMahons. Anyway, I really loved what you did here, and I'm so glad you were able to get an update posted this soon. Excellent work, and I can't wait for the next!
Stephy Baby chapter 15 . 6/22/2014
This was an awesome chapter. I love that the plan is starting. I'm glad steph is starting to heal emotionally as well. Post more soon;)
BrownieJAM14 chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
I was so happy for the chapter 13 update, I didn't realize you had another update. Glad to see that both Chris and Steph are starting to make a slow together over their painful experiences together. Can't wait to see Paul go down and, of course, see Chris and Steph (hopefully) begin to develop deeper feelings for each other.
DrunkOnJerichohol chapter 14 . 6/7/2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to update this story for everyone! There were huge developments in this chapter, and I loved it from start to finish. Chris is so sweet to sit in a chair beside Steph's bed each night. I would figure he would eventually get sick of the chair and have to move to a more comfortable piece of furniture, but the fact that he stuck it out over the course of days, all for the sake of Stephanie, is sweet beyond words. It's quite apparent how much he loves her, whether it's a friendly love or love of a more romantic nature, and I hope Steph sees that, but I'm sure she does. After all the adversity Chris has faced with the death of his wife, the discovery of her private journal, the onset of the nightmares, and everything in between, it takes a truly good person to be able to cast those feelings aside in favor of helping someone else. Gosh, I just really want him and Steph together. He has jumped through so many hoops for her and proven his love time and again, and I hope they can be together in a more significant capacity soon, especially since her divorce is now underway.

I loved that Steph invited Chris into bed and was able to give him the details of what had happened between her and Paul. That's the kind of thing that doesn't need to be held in, because it's only going to make her bitter as time goes on, so she really needed that release. I don't think it would hurt Steph to get some kind of counseling either, but then again, counseling isn't for everyone. Some people are able to simply talk to those closest to them and bounce back from a tragedy, and Chris might be enough of a sounding board for her that she doesn't require any other treatment. It's creepy that Paul isn't anywhere around and hasn't made an effort to contact anyone, least of all his wife. I would think he would be calling her either in a fit of rage and ordering her to return home, or because he wants to apologize and try to mend fences with her. His radio silence is off-putting and makes me concerned that the McMahons and Chris aren't the only ones setting up plans. Paul might have a plan of his own, and I really hope it doesn't hurt any innocent or undeserving people in the process.

In the end, Chris and Stephanie both opened up to each other, and I love that you constantly have these interesting parallels in your story that all relate to each other. This story is quite aptly named Paradigm, in that you continuously display these links between the interactions of the characters. In the previous chapter, you show Linda caring for Chris's child, and Chris caring for Linda's child. Then in this chapter, you show Stephanie opening up and confessing something huge and, on the flip side, Chris takes his turn and confesses something huge right back to Stephanie. They shared their deepest, darkest secrets with each other and bore their souls, and that's why I know they would make the perfect couple. Ugh, I cannot even begin to express how much I want them together after all they've been through together. I'm glad Steph is starting to heal and to think more like her bloodthirsty family. Their revenge will be so sweet. Hopefully her nightmares, and Chris's, will begin to fade.

This story is so amazing, and I really loved this chapter from start to finish. I hope you're able to update soon again, as I would love to see where this goes. Excellent job, and I can't wait for more!
Stephy Baby chapter 14 . 6/7/2014
This was another wamazing chapter. I just love the interactions between steph and chris. I can't wait for the plan to start. Post more soon;)
Courtney90 chapter 14 . 6/7/2014
Great loved this chapter I love the idea of Chris being GM just the benefit of him being in a suit is worth it ;)cant wait for your next update :)
Michele chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Oh My God! I never thought I would see an update for this. So happy to see that this story will (hopefully) play out.

I'm honestly shocked at the back story of Paul raping Jessica. I wouldn't have expected for him to turn into such a dark character. Although, I do love the added layer to his story with Chris.
And, of course, any interaction with Chris and Steph is amazing. He's so sweet to take care of her. (By the way, I love reading this vulnerable side of Steph. Most stories paint her as this strong, bitchy woman)
I really do hope to see another update fairly soon. Can't wait for Paul to go down and for more Chris and Steph development.
Courtney90 chapter 13 . 5/30/2014
THANK YOU! Im so happy you updated this is such a great story. please update soon ;)
DrunkOnJerichohol chapter 13 . 5/29/2014
I''m so glad to see this story updated! As horrible as Hunter has been so far, I was hoping there was something he might do to redeem himself, but there's no way in hell that can happen now. I should have known that he wouldn't be apologetic even the slightest bit, but there was this tiny part of me that thought he might. I thought he might try to win his wife back and that he would realize that she deserves much more respect than he's been giving, but what he's done is unforgivable. To do something so disgusting to his own wife and not have even the tiniest pang of regret over it is pathetic, and I understand why Stephanie doesn't want to press charges and have all of her personal business out there for the public to see, but she really needs to help get this guy behind bars. I don't even know what to say about the beginning of the chapter and the stuff about Jessica. He is beyond predator status, and I'm thinking the cops need to wrangle him up and toss him beneath the damn jail!

I feel so horrible for Jessica and what happened to her. She eventually put everything together and realized what Hunter had done that night at the bar, and I don't blame her for wanting a paternity test so she could know for sure who the father of her child was. For me, this isn't even about Hunter and his hate for Chris anymore. This is about his need to ruin the lives of everyone around him, all so he can have whatever he wants, whether significant or superficial needs. I'm afraid that he's truly a psychopath or something, and I know Shane, Vince, and Chris have this whole plan worked out, but I would hate for it to backfire. If Hunter figures out what they're up to at some point in the future, he might go after Stephanie again, and I don't want her to find herself in a vulnerable situation with him. She's already been through more than enough. I was on Shane's side when he said they should just fire Hunter and be done with it. I almost don't like the idea of a plan, because it keeps him employed for longer than he deserves. I say they should just fire his ass first thing and move on.

The little detail you mentioned about Chris's and Linda's role reversal was sweet. I loved that you noted they had basically switched places and that Linda was caring for Chris's son while he cared for her daughter. Linda is really coming through for Chris in one of his biggest times of need, and if it weren't for her, I don't think he could participate nearly as much as he is in helping Stephanie to heal, because he would have to be actively caring for his son. I'm glad Chris is able to be there for her when she's upset during the day, and also when she's tossing and turning in her sleep at night. Stephanie's lucky to have a guy like him, and I think Linda knows it too, which is probably at least part of the reason why she's pushing them together and trying to keep Chris around. She knows he's one of the few people who can keep Stephanie from losing it altogether.

Thanks for coming back to update this, because I was really hoping you wouldn't leave off at such a dramatic part. I'll be watching for your next update, and I think you did an excellent job! This is one of my favorite stories in the entire wrestling category on this site, and it was also a nice little treat after watching NXT Takeover and Legends House. Loved it!
Stephy Baby chapter 13 . 5/29/2014
Omg you finally updated! This chapter was incredible. I hope in the next chapter we hear from steph. I can't wait until they all bring Paul down for what he did. Post more soon;)
Courtney90 chapter 12 . 5/26/2014
WHY DO YOU NEVER UPDATE YOU HAVE TOO THIS STORY IS SOOO GOOD PLEASE UPDATE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :(
Guest chapter 12 . 1/1/2014
Please update soon :)
Stephy Baby chapter 12 . 11/21/2013
Please please please update this soon I have to know what happens next:)
tlc2492 chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
OMG YOU CANT JUST STOP THERE..YOU HAVE TO DO MORE EVEN IF ITS JUST FOR ME!
DCFanatic4life chapter 12 . 5/19/2013
Sorry this took so long, I wanted to reread the story. So, first and foremost, you updated! This makes me so ridiculously happy because I feel like I never have anything to read, so having this come back it just amazing, and I love this story and all of your stories, so seeing this updated makes me so happy.

Secondly, um, can I go into this fic and kill Paul myself because that's what I want to do. I just want to beat him as I've never wanted to beat him before. I thought, naively, that maybe he wouldn't go there. I knew something bad was going to happen the second she walked in that door, but I thought, okay, maybe he won't do it, maybe he won't go that far, but he did, and I hate him, and I want to pummel him. He falls into that stupid category that thinks just because you're married to someone, you're entitled to take sex whenever you want, and uh, nope! What he did was completely heinous, and I'm so glad Stephanie got out of that situation. I was so afraid he was going to wake up and do something to her again. And you know what, he's the one who's in the wrong here, as Stephanie laid out.

She's been friends with Chris a long time, long before she was with Paul, so at the very least, he should understand the depth of their relationship. But no, he doesn't, instead he's a jerk who treats her like crap. I'm still just so very glad she got out of there. I wish she'd left the first time it happened so this wouldn't have happened, but at the very least, she's out now and she's in a safe place. I'm worried for Chris too though. He's not in the right frame of mind to be thinking about taking out Paul. And he shouldn't do it with his fists or anything because that's just going to cause more trouble, especially from a Paul that is acting like this. He'll try to get any advantage he can, and Chris can't risk that, not with Ash.

And I'm so convinced that Jessica had the affair with Paul. The way he wouldn't answer, it just all adds up, and that's going to add another layer to the entire story. How is Chris going to react to that, how is Stephanie going to react to that? At this point, I don't think she cares what happens to Paul, at least I hope she doesn't, but that's going to add more hurt onto what he did to her, and she doesn't need that. I'm glad she went to Chris, that she COULD go to Chris and tell him the truth and not beat around the bush or try to make excuses for what Paul did. She told him, and that's the fist step. It's going to be hard to prosecute him because he's her husband, but I hope to God he pays for this.

Another stellar chapter from you, and I'm so glad to see you writing again, and I hope the next update comes a lot sooner because you know I love your writing! :)