Reviews for The Fine Line
projektrevolution20 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
I thought this was a great exploration of the excellent character of the mysterious Mr. Snape.
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Pretty good. Interesting way of putting the actions of Snape towards Hermione into context.
Gemini Peverell chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Hi! It is inaccurate to say that I do not read SS/HG stories. I think I have never ever read a single one of them (if my memory does not fail me). Thus the summery should have put me off by the simple fact of Dear Hermione's name being placed in the same sentence as Severus.

However, here I am reading this wonderful masterpiece.

Frankly speaking, there is nothing exceptional in this story. Yet it captured this - extremely delicate and special - something from Severus that makes this story stand out of other thousands.

The lilies, Hermione, Severus, Harry... life and death and love and LILY. The contemplation of someone loving and hating the same things... This differs from the usual I hate you - I love you lines. Or I hate you cause I hate myself or envy or etc...

Much more in tune with real human's emotions. Because more often the responses that I mentioned above are fleeting and lack the necessary depth that is required to dictate someone's life, like Severus'. This crossing of a concrete line of loving and hating not due to some psychological issues but because there exists a real pain. Pain of loss and guilt when it is too late. When you feel the loss, the absence, the lack and emptiness of another person that should be here and isn't and can't do anything, nothing at all.

And yet the life goes on.

There are people who can let it go and I suppose even love again. And there others - I am not sure if it is a worthy trait but people are Different - who cannot and do not want to move on.

What I am trying to say that in this little story you've created not only a pretty moving picture of 'whatever' (But who am I to criticize? Usually I enjoy these little pictures as does anyone who reads fanfiction) but much more: a little piece that forces to think not about characters and such. It suggests more serious musings and for that I thank you.

Thank you very much. I am really glad I have decided to read it. Thanks!
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
That was quite well written. I know this was meant as a oneshot, but there's so much potential for more in this that I think - if you're willing and you have the time, of course - you should write more. But that's just my opinion. )

Very nicely done.