Reviews for Johto Journeys: Dawn of a New Day
Age: 14
Occupation: Trainer/Coordinator
DOB: June 21st
Medical Problems: None
Build: gracefully slim; she has a scar on her back from when she was bitten by a Seviper trying to protect her injured Raichu.
Hairstyle and color: Long royal purple hair, tied into a high ponytail (with flower hair clips similar to a Shaymin's flowers with one on each side of her head)
Eyes: Sky Blue
Skin: Fair skin
Clothes-

Normal Outfit: A lightweight cotton white dress, metallic gladiator sandals, green bangles, a red sarong-since the bottom of the dress is badly torn. She also wears a black coral necklace her Uncle Victor gave her for good luck.

region/Hometown: Orange Archipelago/Valencia Island

Family: Luanna (Aunt), Father, Mother, Trinity (Oldest Sister), Marina (Older sister), Travis (cousin), Victor (Uncle), Kaiser (grandfather), Aidan (Uncle)

Battle style: Miki begins each morning with a 45 to 90-minute yoga session with her Pokemon, which helps her get in shape prior to Pokemon battles. Since she grew up on the Orange Archipelago all her life, she uses the natural habitats such as the oceans, mountains, and the forests as training courses

POKEMON:

Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu/male
Ability: Static
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Iron Tail, Dig, Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Double Team, Surf, Electro Ball

Name: Miki Lee Sunshine
Age: 14
Occupation: Trainer/Coordinator
DOB: June 21st
Medical Problems: None
Eyes: Sky Blue
Skin: Fair skin
Clothes-

Costume: Hula Girl (Lei necklace, lei anklet, tropical fern leaf wristlet, coconut bikini top, green grass hula skirt, hibiscus hair clip)

region/Hometown: Orange Archipelago/Valencia Island

What people notice about you: her good-hearted personality, her kindness

POKEMON:

Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu/male
Ability: Static
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Iron Tail, Dig, Thunderbolt, Agility, Surf
Item: Light Ball
Info: Even though he is sometimes aggressive, Raichu is Miki's most loyal Pokemon who is right by her side, no matter what!

Vaporeon/male
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Impish
Moves: Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Surf, Giga Impact, Hydro Pump, Aurora Beam
Info: Vaporeon gives Miki a ride over waters when necessary, very loyal to her. She won him when he was an Eevee as a prize at the Coin Exchange in Celadon City.

Dratini-Dragonair/male
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves: Wrap, Agility, Dragon Rage, Dragon Dance, Surf, Twister, Thunder, Flamethrower
Nature: Relaxed
Dratini was an offspring of the Dragonair befriended by Miki's grandfather, Kaiser, who was the Safari Zone warden. When Kaiser found out that Dragonair had an egg, he feared that a group of hunters would come after it, so he asked his granddaughter to take care of the egg. After it hatched out of its egg, Dratini quickly grew fond of the girl and started showing affections for her by wrapping itself around her body, whenever it came out of its Pokeball.

Likes: Her Pokemon, surfing, Misty, Lorelei, windsurfing, nature, swimming, beach volleyball, spending time outdoors, snorkeling, rock climbing, Brawly, making Poffins, morning yoga sessions, surfing safaris, Pokemon, battles and contests, playing her ukulele, her childhood friend Tracey, her family.

Story: United Regions Cup

Weakness: Miki can sometimes be a bit of a blabber mouth, and she does talk too much without even realizing it

Thoughts on Dawn: She is a one of a kind Pokemon Coordinator, and Miki can be a friendly rival for her

Thoughts on Mikee: Miki sees him as an interesting Pokémon trainer

Dislikes: People who are not nice to their Pokemon, manipulative people, people who abuse or abandon their Pokemon, People who destroy a Pokemon's natural habitat, Lapras hunting, people who bribe others to exterminate Pokemon, fried food, fast food, when another surfer steals her wave

Battle cry: "(Pokémon), let's catch a wave!"

Switching her Pokémon: "(Pokémon), bail out!"

Before battle: "I'm amped, stoked, and ready to hang five!"

When it's a direct hit: "Bodacious, (Pokémon)! You nailed it!", "Off the Richter!", "Excellent!"

When it misses: "Bogus!"

When her Pokémon is knocked out: "Oh, bummer. (Pokémon) totally wiped out."

When defeated: "Bummer, dude..."

When victorious: "Cowabunga! We were totally tubular!"

History: Miki Sunshine was born and raised on Valencia Island with her parents and two older sisters where she had lived all her life. She spent her childhood playing near the beach, watching her older sister Marina fish for Pokémon, climbing palm trees and swimming in the ocean with her family.
Miki met and befriended a young boy named Tracey Sketchit when she was in Nursery School and they spent their days getting to know each other. She had been traveling on her Pokemon journey since she had turned 10. Her first Pokemon was a male Pichu (which is now a Raichu), given by Professor Ivy. Pichu wasn't really fond of Miki at first. Pichu did not want to do anything but run away from her, despite Miki's pleading and begging to help her capture a wild Pokemon. However, after she risked her own life to protect him from a brutally raging typhoon, which destroyed her home when it hit Valencia Island, she had won his trust, and Pichu had been loyal to his trainer ever since.
As time rolled by like the waves of the ocean, Pichu had finally evolved into a Pikachu. When Pikachu sensed that Miki was in danger when she was being attacked by a ferocious swarm of Beedrill, he evolved into a Raichu to protect her from harm.

Personality: Miki is a very compassionate, friendly, gentle, kind-hearted, down-to-earth and caring person who is capable of understanding other people's feelings. She always trusts her instincts, her heart, mind and her soul. She loves to ride the wave with her surf board, and she is one salty sister who is brave enough to ride the gnarly waves.

Accomplishments: Winner of the Orange Grand Festival Cup. She had received all of the Official Orange League Badges, but she was defeated in the Orange League Tournament. Miki also had received all of the badges of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. She also made it in the Top 8 of the Kanto League, and Top 4 of the Silver Conference of the Johto League. She has five Kalos league badges so far.

Other information: She had been earning badges and competing in Pokemon Leagues, but when she was introduced to Pokemon contests, she thought that she would give it a try. Her Aunt Luanna owns a Hotel and an official Pokemon Orange League gym on Kumquat Island. She also has an Uncle Aidan who is a firefighter, has a team of Wartortles that puts out the fires.

She also talks the surf lingo.
phantom130 5 chapter 6 . 6/8/2011
I hate Paul
phantom130 5 chapter 4 . 6/8/2011
Wow, I wonder what happened to Mikee's parents.
phantom130 5 chapter 3 . 6/7/2011
Love this chapter, I can clearly picture everything going on :D

Only comment is Dawn should say "no need to worry" more :P
phantom130 5 chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
Yay no clift hanger XD
phantom130 5 chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
I like it so far. One question, but did Dawn ever admit to developing feelings toward Ash or was that something you just added in? Either way it's good I'm just curious because I watched the start of Dimond and Perl but never really finished. Dawn and Piplup in Johto, that will be awesome, I can't wait to see how you write this! I love how in character everything seems it is so awesome so far, it makes me want to write a pokemon fanfiction. I must read more!
AVP5 chapter 6 . 1/25/2011
Well done with the chapter I like this story its amazing. I hope you continue with the story soon. Update when you can I want to know what happens next.
Shonen King 69 chapter 6 . 12/15/2010
Yo, Shonen King here! I've finally read all your current chapters, and I must say, this is a very interesting story. I'm glad to have you a part of the SKJ 13, you story is an excellent addition to our community and a await your future works.

Shonen King 69 chapter 5 . 12/15/2010
Yo, Shonen King here! I have an OC for you, he is Hiro's older brother who will appear later in my story:

Name: Kurosora "Red" Akaru

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Appearance: Red eyes, spiky black hair, and he's quite tall.

Clothing: His clothing has changed a bit since his days traveling around Kanto. He wears his trademark red hat, a black long coat over a red T- shirt, black jeans, and a pair of red Running Shoes.

Personality: He is quiet and doesn't talk often and prefers to be alone. All of these traits come from his hidden shy nature. He also has a strong sense of justice that became his motivation to take down Team Rocket. He also has a soft spot for his little brother, Hiro.

Goal: To take down all evil organizations and to one day have a battle with Hiro.

History: He left his hometown of Pallet with his Bulbasaur at the age of 12. He challenged and defeated the Gyms of Kanto as well as well as prevent Team Rocket from achieving their goals. He became the Kanto Champion but stepped down soon after to continue training. He went to Mt. Silver in Johto to further his skills. He continues to train until he becomes the best there ever was.

Weaknesses: His shyness, it is part of the reason he secluded himself on Mt. Silver. He completely "crashes" when he is around big groups of people.

Thoughts on Mikee: He would see Mikee as an interesting trainer and would see him as an interesting rival for both him and his brother Hiro.

Thoughts on Dawn: He and Hiro are actually Dawn's cousin's from Kanto. despite this, they hardly ever see each other because of how far Sinnoh is from Kanto. He is also very protective of her and doesn't want to see her get hurt. She and Hiro are one of the few people Akaru will actually talk to.

Other: Akaru's team is based on my old Red team, I updated their movesets so they aren't outdated.

Story: Pokemon: The Black Sky, The White Stars

Team Roster

Venusaur

Attacks: Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb

Personality: Very boisterous, the opposite of its trainer. He get's excited easily and will often pounce of people and pokemon.

Dugtrio

Attacks: Earthquake, Slash, Dig, Fissure

Personality: She is Akaru's powerhouse and because of this, she is very confident of herself and believes she can handle any opponent.

Kabutops

Attacks: Surf, AncientPower, X- Scissor, Dive

Personality: He is very primitive in thinking and will attack at the drop of the hat. He will often steal food when he is hungry.

Nidoking

Gender: Male(Obviously)

Attacks: Thrash, Double Kick, Iron Tail, Horn Attack

Personality: He is very easily angered and often goes on rampages. He often spends most of his time sleeping.

Kadabra

Attacks: Psychic, Teleport, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave

Personality: He isn't very focus and often spaces out, when is focused, he is a very powerful fighter.

That's all for now.

Shonen King 69 chapter 4 . 12/15/2010
Yo, Shonen King here! Looks like their Johto journey's finally going to begin! One thing I'm wondering about is, is Mikee's Eevee tamed? I was wondering why it hadn't evolved yet, is it because Mikee prefers to keep it an Eevee? Anyway's one more chapter to go and I'll be caught up!

keep it cool, keep it Shonen!
Shonen King 69 chapter 3 . 12/15/2010
Yo, Shonen King here! This story is off to an interesting start, I can't wait to read more. I'm especially interested in seeing their Johto teams.

Awesomequake chapter 6 . 9/29/2010
I like what I'm seeing so far, and I'm eager to see how far you will take this story. Keep it up, as this story is very interesting. I really like Dawn too! It's a shame about that OC thing, because I have had a character in mind for a story for a long time but since I don't write, and I don't have any plans to, I was gonna see what you could do with it. That is until I noticed the OC has to be in a story first. But anyway, keep up the story, I'll be following it.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
are you gonna add more chapters?
Mieko-chan12 chapter 4 . 8/13/2010
This is really good! Update soon please!
zetroC Girl chapter 4 . 8/11/2010
Oh, yay! Is it just me, or do I smell love in the air~? xD

Hehe, nice chapter! I still feel bad for Dawn since she loves Ash, but can't do anything about it. Oh well. And OOH OOH, I know who we'll see in the next chapter-Paul, right? ;D

Can't wait to read more! OCxDawn ships are some of my favorite kinds of OC ships, and Pearl and Ikarishipping are my top two favorite ships. :3

-zC G.