Reviews for Halo: The Human Effect
weasel AKA boundedsumo chapter 10 . 10/6
the story was alright but that scene with the Krogan was out of place, it leaves too many questions and it seems it was just there for effect. why did it attack? what was the point? WHY weren't the counsel panicing? why isn't anyone questioning anything!? This seems like a pointless and poor attempt to 'prove' the stories of the Spartans.
there was no need for such a pointless scene there at all and it broke all sense of flow in the chapter, all I saw was 'Counsel doesn't believe Spartans, Krogan comes out of bleeding now where for no reason other than a beating bag for two Spartans counsel barely says a thing before or after, then scene abruptly and violently ends leaving little to no explaination as to wtf happened.' and don't let me get started on the whole interactions between the counsel and the U.N.S.C...

Over all... not a good chapter, I'm scared to see the next chapters and quite frankly I've lost interest in the story and will not be continuing it any further.
Nate chapter 16 . 6/8
Yawn - another ME wankfest.

Thanks, but I've already read too many other identical shitfics.
Trninjakiller is a asshole...just saying "goodbye."
fuzzyidioms chapter 20 . 5/22
The Reapers got scarier how the hell did you manage that? Damn I'm hooked
fuzzyidioms chapter 8 . 5/21
I like this take on Kat. I'm glad to have found your work!
hunter 139 chapter 10 . 5/5
Excellent chapter, after the Covenant war, I don't see the UNSC ever agreeing to reduce the size of their navy.
trninjakiller chapter 1 . 2/19
I read some reviews to see what people thought and I will not read this story if you completely destroy halo technological and political lore. It seems to me that you have a complete disregard to the halo universe and I will not read goodbye.
the mass relays are slower than slipspace because you may need to use multiple relays to get to one place. halo slipspace drives from post war UNSC go AT LEAST 912 light years
SilverBladeStar chapter 20 . 2/3
This is pretty good. I hope to see some Covenet.
Chris Adair chapter 20 . 12/2/2014
This I'd an awesome story and I want more! Thank you.
Herb chapter 11 . 9/25/2014
Wow. You just completely lost me. Lieutenant to General? Promoted by Colonel Nameless in some bar? Logan should try and pay for his drink with the fake star and then get as far away from that army as possible.
Randoh chapter 15 . 9/13/2014
Tried to hand on till the last update but don't really see the point in doing so. The premise, while initially interesting, is not enough to help push the story forward.

Initial impressions: Feels like I am being forced to catch up to all the plot points that you keep inserting. Things keep popping and and what it left is a mess.

Far from the worst story that I have seen, but it could have been so much more.
Didd23 chapter 20 . 9/8/2014
Guest chapter 20 . 8/16/2014
This story makes no sense whatsoever. Humanity, after the covenant war would be highly xenophobic and with its structure would under NO circumstances submit themselves before another group. What possible reasoning could you have for human kind to submit to the Council and become one of their subjugated races? Even in the worst possible scenario they would still defeat the combined Citadel races in the end. No equal or superior nation, especially one such as the UNSC have would ever submit to an inferior civilization, the very belief is laughably stupid. At best they would stay as a separate foreign power with small levels of civilian trade, at worst a galactic war. Your story just makes it appear that humanity just decided to submit themselves to further the plot, no adequate reasoning has been supplied. IT IS MASS EFFECT CANON that mass effect tech is a dead-end technology and the reapers are the pinnacle of this scale, in Mass effect the citadel races showed negligible technological advancement for 1000 years. On the other hand the humans have access to covenant plasma tech which kinetic barriers are useless against and Forerunner tech which is utterly broken and so overpowered that a single Forerunner Keyship could actually wipe out an entire Reaper fleet. Even if the Citadel was humanities equal, that STILL does not explain why they would bend over backwards to please a group that has shown to be unreasonably hostile (which would remind the UNSC of the covenant) and IS NOW MAKING DEMANDS of an equal foreign power. It has honestly put me off reading what was formerly a good story as it is simply not logical in any way, shape or form.
Pyryp chapter 12 . 6/17/2014
I've noticed that you like to use the word 'though'. I would avoid it as much as I can since it's one of those useless words that can almost always removed from a sentence without it losing any of its meaning.