Reviews for A Carton of Milk
rjh1960 chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
Scary and sad.
Pixie Mary-Jade chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Beautiful deep and touching. i enjoyed reading this :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Ugh - poor everyone! Especially Esme though... :-(
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
What an interesting take on the story. I really enjoyed this, as melancholy as it was. I like the thought of little Bree leaving untied strings behind.
Raum chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Hi WoodLily,

your story is very sad, and you told it with great sensitivity and talent.

Congrats,

- Raum
Just4Me chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Bree's story is so sad. Thanks for this perspective.
Lady Ramona chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
There are five things that you cannot recover in life:

(1) The Stone...after it's thrown ,

(2) The Word...after it's said ,

(3) The Occasion...after it's missed , and

(4) The Time...after it's gone.

(5) A person...after they die

Only a mother would be so touched.

I have often wondered if SM is going to do a follow up story on the guy the smelled so bad That hid Bree...he was left as disappearing during the run to the battle... Hey there's a new one for you to do...lol
Snuze chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
great one shot. i haven't read any fics for ages, great to start again with a good 'un. thanks!
Stessa chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Incredibly compassionate Esme. She'd do this, she really would. She's got so much love in her, it's scary. Especially for younger people, she just wants to take care of them.

This was so incredibly written, no wonder you won. Each point of view made perfectly sense; it was the life of Bree Tanner, the people who thought they knew her, but really didn't.

Thanks for sharing!
Marliarna chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I haven't read any of the other stories in this challenge, but I'm not at all surprised that this won. Each viewpoint is distinct and meticulously crafted, right down to the details in these little slices of lives that all briefly focus on the same point: Bree.

Bree Tanner was known to these people, but none really knew her. Now, no one ever will.
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Beautiful, compassionate Esme. I never got past the first of the Twilight books. But I have seen all of the movies so far. Eclipse was heart battery to me. I felt bad for the newborns, especially Riley and Bree. Treated so callously as plot devices and foils. Thank you for giving a little justice there.
Nyomixx chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Congrats on the win! You deserve it! Very beautifully written, so heartfelt and emotional. Lezlee recc'd me to read this, and I'm glad she did :) Well done!
SwedenSara chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Congratulations on winning Reader's Choice in the Bree Tanner challenge!

You have managed to tell Bree's story from the outside, and we learn a lot about her without actually getting to know her. Using other peoples point of views makes this story different from other Bree stories out there - such as mine, LOL.

I liked the ending a lot - I interpreted that as Esme taking a moment to mourn Bree and the 'life' she never got to live.

A well worthy winner!

/SwedenSara
Edward'sDJ chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Very sad to see how someone's life is dismissed by people peripheral to it. Bree's relationship with her father was obviously very complex, but it seems he is truly distraght.

In combination with the book, it becomes even sadder; her life doesn't appear to have been happy, and her second life was cut down on the cusp of improving.

Great job of painting a complex and moving picture of Bree's life.

(Written from an internet cafe on the shore of Lake Lucerne!)
Lezlee chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Great job, WoodLily.

Your oneshot turned out really well.

Goodluck in the challenge!