Reviews for The Laughably Pathetic Death of Cody Martin
hopener chapter 1 . 1/29
ohhhhhhhhhhhh i am in love with katie
Guest chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
i hate this is just boring and you shouldn't say he sucks all because he is not good with girls or he is a goody goody and you never met him and remember this all celebirties have feelings and so does he
a beautiful misfortune chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
I admit this made me giggle a little. Although I hate that Cody died since he is one of my favorites. I agree, I hate how SLOD seemed to butcher his character but he seemed to get better [at least to me] near the end. I thought originally you didn't like Cody and that was my whole reason for clicking on this story. Then I read the author's note and I find out you don't *hate* him but you *hate* what he has become [at least to me].

I liked it. Good job :)

xoxo, Kaia.
V.M.H chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
This made me cry. i love cody (as a charactor that is.)I did kinda like the story but i think it would be better if zack was the one killed. hes the asswhole.
defyingthegravity chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I. Hate. You.
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I've been meaning to review this for a long time, so I thought I'd go ahead and do it before any more time went by. XD

I found this very amusing. Cody, whilst my favorite character in SLOZAC, became an arrogant, whiny little asshole in SLOD. I don't blame you at all for having him pathetically killed off. I, myself, have done so as well.

Cheers. XD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I'm not really sure if I hate or like this. Personally Cody is one of my favorite characters so.. Plus I don't think he could be a madman and killer he is too..er lets say sensitive. Still it was a good story.
Hailfax-McGee chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Oh good, I'm glad I haven't reviewed already. I read this story a long time ago and loved it. Now that I'm reading it again, I love it even more. I like the playful banter and the scenario you put them all in. And I love how anticlimactic it is, with Cody getting shot in cold blood. I agree with them, he's an arrogant little prick. To use S.K. Millz's words, he's a "snide little bastard". I love how the world 'little' is used universally. This one wins. Good job.

Now, if the writers of SLOD can get their act together for the final episodes of the suite life series EVER all will be well. But, I predict Cody Martin will go down in history as an arrogant, snide, and little prick/bastard. Again, this one wins.
James888 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I thought that was a very different story. He has shown that

he can't take critizen and is very compative It was a mercy

killing He should be prould thought. At least his death meth something.

Long Live Katie. The mighty killer of Cody
MaggieSmithfan chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Thank you...Cody is so annoying...
Kristen chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
i happen to love cody on the suite life on deck!1
WyldCard4 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Hm...

I will explain my own view on Cody's character changes in your forum as per your suggestion. So, what about the fic itself?

Well, the long period discussing the fictional time travel is boring, besides implying that Justin discovered time travel. Personally I would have simplified it by bringing in magic. It is WOWP canon that time travel is possible and that wizardy will be exposed. It would have made the fic a lot simpler at least.

Could Cody become a supervillain? IMO it is possible via Disneyverse logic, but I think he needs a more severe and realistic trigger. My main argument against this would be that this is not a natural outgrowth of his character changes in On the Deck. I see being a terrorist or conquer being less likely than being the leader of a prior existing organization and being swept up in that ideology.
Wyntirsno chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Ok it took me a little bit to review this story, because it took me by surprise. I was hoping that Katie would have brainwashed him or something. There should be all kinds of things they could have done for him to take away what he would become. They were from the future after all. :P I am sorry you feel so strongly about Cody's character now. Maybe he will be better for you this season. You are a great writer to evoke so many emotions from your readers, be they good ones or bad ones. :)
DC World chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Although this is an interesting way to view Cody's future and a very creative and new idea ( I don't think I have ever read a story where one of main characters was killed by people from the future), I have to disagree that Cody will become the monster you predict. Personally I feel he will move on from this jerkass phase in his life. People do change for the better ( trust me on that one) and I think if we were able to see Cody in 20 or 30 years he would be more stable. At 16 he is not comfortable with who he truly is and still struggling with trying to find himself. I think the jerkness is probably a defense mechanism. And even if it's not, I don't think it really matters why Cody is acting the way he is. What matters is that when he finally grows and becomes a man, he is able to look back and reflect on what kind of person he was and decide that he doesn't want to be like that. Ultimately he is reponsible for his behaviour and he gets to decide who he is, and I don't think he will pick being an ass.

You should read JD"s new one shot, this is the Cody I see in the future.

Despite disagreeing with you, I did enjoy this.

Heidi
Fizzy Starburst chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Wow! You did an excellent job with this.

The way you incorperated everyone's future was fantastic, and the Russo Principle was a nice touch.

And I have to agree with you, I don't like the why the writer's of SLOD have been doing Cody, it's completely unlike the SLOZAC Cody we all know and love.