Reviews for A Proper Object
wildflowers1224 chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
You have penned a very sweet story :)
nomdeplume30 chapter 4 . 11/14/2011
'Well, we are here now,' he said. 'And for all we know it might have been a whole lot worse.' I burst out laughing at this. Oh, if he only knew. :)

This was a perfectly lovely piece. I love how you changed things up, kept people likable, still had angst, and got to the delicious conclusion. Very nice!
Arithmancy Master chapter 4 . 9/10/2011
Fancy being caught out twice and in such extensive (per Mrs E) gardens. Great short story. Surprised that Emma's objection was that he had not formally proposed. I'd have thought that she'd have enjoyed the romance of it. However, I did like her response.
Arithmancy Master chapter 3 . 9/10/2011
He was anxiously awaiting her reply, so why was there an interruption? Was it him? Or maybe a servant, spoiling their special moment? Will find out in about one minute.
Arithmancy Master chapter 2 . 9/10/2011
Enjoying seeing a story from Mr Knightley's POV and being privy to his insecurities. Makes a change for it to be him and not Emma who jumps to conclusions which may not be correct.
Arithmancy Master chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I saw your name in a review of 'Young Emma' and felt compelled to read the writings of a fellow chocoholic.

Interesting to see Mr Knightley's jealousy. Wondering is he will retire into his shell or make an effort to fight for Emma.
aloralora chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
All's well that ends well. Aha.. the N&S delicious silence. I like Mr Knightley's deliberation about propriety of holding hand. And it's quite strange that he lost further deliberation so quickly once he had her hand. Thanks for writing this story.
aloralora chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
I enjoyed their indirect talk about love between good friends, talking about others but internally thinking of themselves. And oh, what a place to end the chapter. Suspense! Oh, I am sure of a happy ending
aloralora chapter 2 . 8/28/2011
A delight. Haha the N&S reference in the last paragraph fitted well. I enjoyed the watching, guessing, misunderstanding on Mr Knightley's end. I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding. . Have forgotten the Emma story. Got to reread it
Ferdinand Sutcliff chapter 4 . 2/27/2011
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(that's all that can be said) :P
eastern.meridian chapter 4 . 12/29/2010
Hey!

I'd like to leave you a few words as I've just read your ficlet and it was so thoroughly enjoyable!

I too became obsessed with the newest version of Emma, watched all 4 episodes at one sitting yesterday. So I thought I'd look for some interesting fanfiction and totalle loved this little story. My only reservation is that it could be longer. ;))) Will reread Emma when I have a free moment, it's been years since I held the book in my hands.

P&R was my favourite book by Jane Austen, and BBC series from 1995 the favourite adaptation but its position is now endangered by Emma. ;)

I'm going to check out your other stories for Emma but need to go to sleep now, past midnight here!

Em
inappropriate laughter chapter 4 . 10/4/2010
delicious silence! xD
millernumber1 chapter 4 . 9/12/2010
Aha! Evil maids and Churchills, despite their perfection. Excellently done. Love a sweet and fluffy AU...though angst is good too, if not overdone (and ends with fluff). Thanks for this!
millernumber1 chapter 3 . 9/12/2010
Evil cliffie. But I do love Brave!Emma. Emma being brave makes my heart a happy heart. Well done!
millernumber1 chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
I quite like "ridiculously long walk" - very nice turn of phrase. I assume the N&S reference is the way Mr. Knightley assumes, like Thornton, that someone who is not interested in his lady love is actually engaged to her?

Jealous Knightley - such a fun sight. He does such funny tricks. Though I'm beginning to think that Frank, like he should have, has confided his engagement to Emma...