Reviews for The Breakup
Artisa chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
SQUEEEE I LOVE IT! Guybrush's cluelessness was so adorable and Guybrushy (LOL set the kitchen on fire) and Elaine was kinda cruel to leave as he was out walking :/ I burst out laughing when she said "It's been fun" though, and she was so in character the whole time, punches and all!

Ooh that was deep, the "will you change" part, thumbs up for putting that in!

The ending was too sweet, loved it! Awesome job! Hope your cough is better now! :)
Hopless chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Why did she hit him? Doesn't LeChuck harm him enough? :(
Walrus chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
The problem about this story it's not the passion and the struggle between doubts they are facing that you are trying to express. The problem is that you are ignoring some parts of the Monkey Island history!

1) in Monkey Island 2, there is a famous dialogue between Guybrush and Voodoo Lady where she reminds Guybrush his past, and tells him how people expected more and more from him after LeChuck's death and he didn't respond to expectatives. Then she mentions his romance with Elaine and it seems that Elaine left him for the same reason.

2) In another famous dialogue, Guybrush meets Elaine herself on Booty Island. It is not completely clear why Elaine left him, but it seems that Guybrush didn't really care about her as she expected.

So you build a reason about their breakup that doesn't reflect the Monkey Island history as Ron Gilbert told it to us all. There is no mention in any of the Monkey Island games about Elaine disliking Guybrush to be a pirate, as far as I remember. It seems that the two broke up because of Guybrush's indiscipline.

Anyway I appreciate, as I started this review, the passion you tried to put in the romance.

Bye!
Rob chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
This is great! Exactly how I imagined it would be! :D
BeeKay84 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Very good approach at telling the story between the first and the second game. I've been wanting to write something like that for a long time, and my story would've been a little different, but I really liked your version. The last part was very heart-breaking indeed. Great little story!
Symbermine chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I liked your story because it isnt a common and recurrent theme in this fandom. Most stories I've read about this couple focus on the aspects more sweet of the relationship, but this is bittersweet. I think youve got Guybrush and Elaine in first Elaine seems a heartless ice queen, but is torn between the rational and feelings. Guybrush keeps the naivete from the first game and still not behaving the way it does in the second game like a confident egotist.I found very cute how he would be willing to do anything for her and give up his dreams of being a pirate. I like how you intertwined with the events of Curse and as she realized that she loved him too. I've noticed that some words are misspelled as "jepordize, ludacris, form, Monkies". Well that all, Keep up the good work