Reviews for A Darker Shade of Light Part I
BrotatoChips chapter 13 . 4/13
I would like to note, as a dedicated reader of the WoT, gateways are slashes of light that widen into rectangles, not spiral out into them. Just a small error though, and it does sound kinda cool.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 13 . 2/15
The Cloak, the Wand, and the Stone: Given by Death. He is known as the lord of the Grave. I have to admit, though I did not see that twist coming, I am not particularly surprised by it. That is, if my suspicions are correct?
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 12 . 2/15
I find it a bit too convenient that Ginny is the only other one who can channel.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 3 . 2/13
So... Ginny is Lanfear? Is she reborn or still alive? Also, Ginny is channeling and using compulsion on Harry. Don't think that I missed that, kind of subtle though it was(unless you're an absolutely addicted fan of the series... which I am...).
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 1 . 2/12
LOVE that opening!
Aviendhaphiragon chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
I started reading and suddelnly was in for quite the surprise. First age? Highlands of Scotland? I like, thoguh. I think.
Carol Wilson chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Excellent! more please!
Erastus chapter 19 . 1/5/2014
Just finished. Fantastic story, by far in my top 3 of all time (since 2001). You mentioned in the closing note about your first few chapters not being that great, I disagree, they were amazing just like the rest of your story. I laughed out loud (scaring my wife) when Harry thrust his sword through Voldemort! Looking forward to starting the sequel.
Erastus chapter 16 . 1/4/2014
Love the story. Very much a WoT and HP fan. You mix them fantasticly and realisticly. Can't wait to read more of your work.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/30/2013
I just want to say that this is a great story! I have read all of your longer stories and, love them. As many others are, I am awaiting part 2 to be finished. Though I see it has been a while since it was last updated, I hope you can delve back in and complete this exciting crossover. You mentioned that a canon's Harley was started in the middle of these I hope that since you are finished with that one you will be able to finish WOT2. Thanks.
Steven chapter 10 . 12/16/2013
Well, this review really belongs in the beginning two chapters, but my original plan to wait until I've caught up is not going to work. First off, I want to say that the way you began the first chapter was good, but it left me wanting something different. It just seems like Harry should in where Harry is to Lews Therin as Lews Therin is to Rand. Admittedly a very difficult prospect to pull off, but I feel it could be in there somewhere. More realistically, I felt that the magic of Harry Potter could be a primitive understanding of channeling rather than a separate system altogether. IE, all wizards/witches are effectively wilders, and the belief that they must use wands and incantations is their block. That could come in later to explain how powerful wizards like Dumbledore seem to sense other magics - their control is such that even being wilders, they can see the weaves.
The next comment is more character development than worldbuilding/combining. Harry's and Ginny's relationship in the first couple of chapters just seems out of place for them. It doesn't really make sense to me that they became so close so fast when in the books it took them much more time. (And not a fan of the aside implications, but that's more of a personal thing than a critique on the writing). In such a crossover, it would seem to me that the best way to develop the characters is to keep them as they are in the original until the point when they actually cross over, but that's just one person's opinion.
And another character note, I don't see Moiraine as being one to complain so much as when she first entered the Wizarding world. It is a good introduction to the way a Randlander would think of it, it just doesn't seem in her character.
Finally, I'm supposing you probably wrote this before this last observation appeared in the books, but I just have to say that the Black Tower divided into Ajahs with an Amyrlin Seat as leader didn't happen. And Rand was officially the head of the Black Tower, although I can definitely see him putting Harry in as acting head (M'hael) rather than Taim if he had the chance and Harry had proved himself trustworthy.
Overall though, the story is good. I'm looking forward to seeing how Voldy deals with a ta'veren.
Alkiera chapter 19 . 5/29/2013
Very cool story! It did take a few chapters to really get going, but I appreciated the way time was handled later; we didn't need a day by day description of Harry in Rand's era. Looking forward to the sequel.
molyneux chapter 8 . 4/9/2013
And after having read all the stuff before, is this really the cross over?
molyneux chapter 5 . 4/9/2013
All the sudden lovey dovey stuff is nauseating. The sudden love and his inability to control the sudden urge that he feels for Ginny makes no sense what so ever. He gets one letter from her and that’s it. I just hope that the letter was charmed or something as that would be more believable.
Jennie Arnold chapter 3 . 3/26/2013
The story is following Harry Potter almost to a T. I can't wait to see how Harry reacts to the Wheel of Time universe!