Reviews for A Darker Shade of Light Part I
Wom1 chapter 15 . 12/28/2016
The void and the oneness are the same thing it just feels diffrent for a non chaneler as they feel well at one with everything a channeler sees more color and such

And i assume based on lan being caymlen gor any length of time moraine never tackled you know who on the wagon
Revliledpembroke chapter 14 . 8/27/2016
I don't know how I feel about Harry trying to destroy one of his few links to his family. Especially not with balefire. I do imagine it is somewhere between immense disapproval and a deep disgust that you felt the need to make Harry's family heirloom evil. Or at least give it the appearance of evil. And given that the moral of the story is power alone means nothing (eldest brother), let the dead rest (brother 2), and death is, ultimately, nothing to be afraid of (brother 3), the cloak hardly fits the same "evil" uses as the wand (including power for its own sake and the destructive nature of the True Power- even though HP's magic and WoT's channeling work in very different ways and while I wouldn't disbelieve Harry being able to do both, I'd think it'd be one or the other scenario, not them being one and the same) or the Stone (driving people to despair). The Cloak's function is to hide. Ultimately, I imagine it will have been created in a manner similar to the dagger Aviendha found that could hide you from Sightblinder.
Revliledpembroke chapter 9 . 8/27/2016
Feels like you were a little heavy handed with Moraine's disgust at being addressed without an honorific. She did go about being known only as "Mistress Alys" after all.

I'm also not entirely comfortable with how you had Harry channel to "conjure" that cup, given that you can't conjure anything with the One Power. You can make weaves that form shapes (Rand's Fire sword and I remember a knife made of Air) but that isn't making something appear from something (they make something from the weave of Air/Fire), not in the same way magic is. Sure, I'd imagine One Power users could make a cup from Air or pull metal from the ground to make a cup or something, but it isn't the same as waving a wand while muttering an incantation and suddenly, a cup appears! Then again, I realize you did this so Harry wouldn't be seen as being even more unusual than a sudden transfer student with a talent for wandless magic, it's just the two systems have very different mechanics in how they work and are explained
kelwin chapter 3 . 8/19/2016
I think this fic is a bit of a mess. you did not give a back story of harry and ginny getting closer. so you have them 2 in a few weeks becumming friends and more and sleeping together and having pation in just a few weeks that is a bit much as she would be 13 going on 14 so that is a bit young and way way way too fast. will this switch to the wot world soon. I don't see anything that means anything about the wod world. the prophecy you could just say harry has a skill in cooking he gets a cupple of dragon tattoos and the prophecy is done with out the wot world. I do hope there is more of the wot than a few words.
Fainfan chapter 1 . 7/2/2016
Excellent chapter
Lerris chapter 19 . 4/23/2016
This came out fairly good, though it kind of jumped forward towards the end. Also, I'm surprised anyone the Aes Sedai got their hands on to train, or even just Moraine, would act quite so impetuously. Better to steal the wand when Dumbledore sleeps.
himalay1729 chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
:-)(-:
davidhale1302 chapter 17 . 10/2/2015
Nynaeve went to Tanchico with Elayne and Tom. She didn't go to the waste, nor was she with Rand In Carhien when Lanfear attacked. Although I suppose she was required in this scene for Harry to be saved. I do wonder why you don't really include Matt in any of this, I suppose it's another complication. I loved that you had the image of the rope hanging from the tree of life. Quickly places the scene in the context of wheel.
davidhale1302 chapter 15 . 10/2/2015
Like that Luna was the same as Min.
davidhale1302 chapter 14 . 10/2/2015
I think that your link to the Deathly Hallows being artefacts of the dark one is brilliant. Very well thought out.
davidhale1302 chapter 12 . 9/30/2015
I thought you handled the reunion scene very well. It was fun thatGinny knew, but also that she wasn't sure. I think you asked for feedback on Wheel Of Time stuff. I think that you are doing very well so far. I think that your view of the taint in Harrys flashback was a little delayed from cannon. I loved that in casting spells from a wand he could still feel it's effects. Can Morraine travel?
davidhale1302 chapter 8 . 9/29/2015
I love the story. But feel a bit cheated that we have no more direct scenes in Rand land. Still well written tho.
davidhale1302 chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
Ooh. Spine tingling chapter. Very well written, I like your use of language. More in Jordans style than Rowling, but a compelling start.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 19 . 8/6/2015
Interesting Thought: If Tom is Elan and Harry is Lews Therin Telamon of the past...

Does that make Ron into Demandred? The jealous friend of the Dragon, and one of the most skilled tacticians in either army(The only thing he ever matched Lews Therin Telamon at apart from the sword). He changed sides during the late middle of the war out of jealousy.

Other parallels too, present themselves if you squint a little.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 14 . 8/5/2015
It's funny how Harry realizes so much, and misses several very key details. For example, The Tale of the Three Brothers says that the third brother - the one who received the cloak - lived a long life and greeted Death as an OLD FRIEND. The implication there is... well, frankly it's absolutely terrifying(and ironic in the extreem). Harry, the Dragon reborn before Lews Therin Telamon, comes from a long line of dark friends(potentially), the cloak passed down the line from father to son, mother to daughter, and so on. That in and of itself is scary(and funny). But, that's only scratching the tip of the metaphorical ice burg.

The Cloak in and of itself makes the situation so much worse. A line of dark friends throughout the ages... with a cloak that allows them to go anywhere unnoticed, do anything without being seen... The possibilities of what they had a hand in are endless. I know that the books said the Potters were staunch defenders of the Light. But, what could possibly be a better cover for their true motives and hidden actions?

Loving the story by the way(second re-read)!

Hope you continue this some day.