Reviews for Atrophy
x.keepingthemoon.x chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
awww, this is really good :)
rocklesson86 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I like this story. It is good that you show that males can be raped not just males, but by females too. You should make it into a mini story.
MissiYoung chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I so wanted to kill her...and I loved how Puck was all 'yeah, I don't love you but I'm here if you need a friend or someone to act like it's all normal'. Awesome fic of sadness, hon, loved it!
ebec11 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
That's really good, I found it hauntingly realistic.
MorgansBabyGrl chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Lol Puck "I...don't love you,but..." He always makes me laugh.
Lorelei-elf chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Poor baby!

That bit in Figgins' office was incredible!
Marie King chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Again what a emotionally gripping story. You captured everyone just perfectly! I especially like this line you wrote "I... don't love you, but the point remains: whatever this is, you need us, we're here. Okay?" Puck says. That is SO Puck! I really hope you think about adding to this story!
cupcakebakingunicorns chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Good ending. I am amazed you fit it all into one chapter! Good job!
Morkhan chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Ooooh, I loved this. Not only was it an interesting situation to put him in, but you're one of the few authors I've seen who is willing to tackle some of the more interesting aspects of Artie's personality- namely, his misogynistic streak and fairly unexpected sense of aggressiveness. Way too many people wind up glossing over those because they don't seem to 'fit' with the stereotype they've already come up with for Artie, but you wrapped them in here in a believable and interesting way and I applaud you for it. Characters don't need to be perfect. They're more interesting when they aren't.

As for the story itself, I also love that it avoided cliche inasmuch as it could- Artie himself made efforts to avoid them, the doctor in question was NOT male, and thus the question of abuse and whether or not anyone would believe him rings much truer here. The fact that delinquent, cougar-banging Puck, of all people, turned out to be the answer to his prayers was absolutely fantastic and not at all something I would have expected.

Oh, and Artie's dad is an asshole. I guess we know where Artie's asshole streak comes from, on the rare occasion that it surfaces. ;-) Really, really well done. I loved this fic.
Chelsea J. Grinn chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
aww Artie. so sad, but well written and completely gripping. :]
ohheythereinterwebs chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This is actually *very* well written. In all honesty, I cringed when I read the summery and I didn't really stop cringing till I started writing this review, but I liked it none the less.

Completely in character, tastefully handled and with proper gravity, but still conveying the major, major "ick" factor in the issue.

So, well done.
ApplePie777 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I'm gonna be all obnoxious and quote stuff you wrote right back atcha:

"Tina nods. "Okay," she says. "Just... call any time, okay? I love you."

"I... don't love you, but the point remains: whatever this is, you need us, we're here. Okay?" Puck says.""

Hahahahaaa...I am down. :D

This was very realistic and sweet, and dealed with sexual abuse in a very real way. Poor Artie, he didn't deserve that at all. :(

Il oved Puck and Tina coming through to support him though (I love Artina and some reason Puck and Artie friendship).

This was great!

Missa
sarahjaneraine chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
WOW... this kind of things are SERIOUS!

i really can't believe what kind of brain these insane people have to do such things...(well it is RARE to hear a woman harassing a minor in news...) and also the doctor who always yells at artie...

these people are CRAZY! very unprofessional... not to mention that they are doctors... very creepy...

(enough for the rants haha)

you've covered this issue very well...and very very written well! great job! love it XD
YupSureDid chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Oh man, I know this wasn't supposed to be funny but your Puck was HILARIOUS! "I...don't love you." Haha.

That said, I think it was amazingly brave of you to write about such a "taboo" topic. Not only does everyone treat a guy's sexual assault differently (or not talk about it at all), but a sexual assault on someone who is handicapped is a rarely talked about issue as well. Kudos to you for writing this well, respectfully, but still making a great point. (Side note: I absolutely HATE when people write sexual assault/rape stories on here and do NOT have the victim reporting it to the authorities. There ARE young impressionable kids reading these things. On behalf of them, thanks for showing them what the rights steps are.)

Ok, I'm done now.
Char-chan chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
oh wow. that was.. SO intense o_o whoa. I'm almost left speachless, hehe. but it was a very important and real issue.. but wow. poor Artie.. :(