Reviews for Love Comes Last
teacher1209 chapter 8 . 11/9/2010
So he DOES want her, but he seems to think its only physical-at least at this time-but Bella did bring up a good point about being married for 5 years and still a virgin.
teacher1209 chapter 7 . 11/9/2010
Very elaborate plans that seem to be working and glad that Esme knows the truth even though she's no idea the plans Edward and Bella have.
teacher1209 chapter 6 . 11/9/2010
Well glad that Tanya won't be a problem and Lauren, I agree with Bella... EWWW!

Poor Bella, in love with Edward but afraid to tell him. I do wonder if he has feelings for her too but doesn't realize it yet?
teacher1209 chapter 5 . 11/9/2010
Ah so single mom, low income, works in a bar Tanya isn't good enough for Edward, I see. Although I do wonder if perhaps she IS after Edward for his $.

So, Edward wants to take Bella up on her offer, will she accept and will not seeing Tanya be part of Carlisle's conditions?
teacher1209 chapter 4 . 11/9/2010
Yeah, Carlisle is really a bastard, how can he do this to his own child? From what it sounds like, Tanya is Edward's main squeeze and he has either proposed to her already or is planning to in the near future.

Bella is so selfless, still offering to marry Edward after everything.
teacher1209 chapter 3 . 11/9/2010
How sweet of Bella to offer to marry Edward to help him out and get to his goal. I like the way Edward is so much more relaxed with Bella without Carlisle around and how she's relaxed around Edward with the help of alcohol.

It's very sad that Carlisle and Esme are not even there for their daughter the night of her senior prom, I can see where Carlisle's priorities are.
teacher1209 chapter 2 . 11/8/2010
Poor Edward, Carlisle is a real prick to him. While I can understand he doesn't want Edward to make a mistake and get some random girl pregnant he needs to treat Edward with a little more kindness. Seems as though Carlisle has lost his compassion somewhere along the way.

I do like that Edward encourages Bella to pursue her dreams, he seems very supportive of her.
Cazza123 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Just started this story! I'm intrigued so far. I guess I will have to keep reading ; 0

X
teacher1209 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Saw this rec'd by the WayWard Pusher on Twitter and thought it looked intriguing, very interesting. Sounds like Edward may have to stay married to Bella and perhaps produce an heir within a certain time frame after Carlisle's death in order to get what he wants?

On to the next chapter.
vampiregurl chapter 11 . 11/4/2010
gosh why must carlisle act like that? isn't he scared he will hated forever until he die? even after he die? would it kill him to show some love, care and most imprtantly respect to others. he showed it to esme but not with his kids or even bella.
sherryola chapter 11 . 10/25/2010
Wow. When I first read the prologue and realized what this story was about, I didn't know if I wanted to continue. i can't handle much angst, and the idea of the arranged marriage made me uncomfortable. Seriously, Edward doesn't look too good in the story, because he's basically using Bella to get what he wants. But I have a feeling he may actually care for bella but doesn't want to admit it. and bella, well, she doesn't look too good either, putting her own life on hold, to marry him, hopelessly loving him, thinking this is all she can have. So, I nearly stopped at the prologue.

But the darn thing is so well written. And Edward and Bella are such engaging characters, i couldn't stop! The story makes me uncomfortable, more for what I expect might happen after the prologue events than for anything that's happened so far. i may just throw myself off a cliff, if they divorce and go through tons of chapters of dating other people and all that jazz! grin. But you have made me really care about them, in particularl, Edward, and that surprised me so much, I had to continue. i thought I'd despise him, almost as much as I despise Carlisle. why not just walk away from the business? why not do what he wants instead of being his father puppet? Why not be a true doctor, like he'd always dreamed? Why use Bella in such a truly unkind way? And yet, I can't dislike him, and i really wish we could see what's going on in his head, because I think there's more than Bella understands. So, I've just got to know what happens!

Sherry
kayjanna chapter 11 . 10/25/2010
I am really liking your story. I will be glad when we get back to real time because I'm anxious to see how Edward and Bella work out. I'll be looking forward to your next update. Thank you for sharing.
Midnight Angels Say GoodNight chapter 11 . 10/24/2010
Great chapter, very much looking for the next chapter. Update soon
Lilacs4All chapter 11 . 10/24/2010
I hope that Edward has the new home checked for "Bugs". I can see his crafty lawyer suggesting it...since it came from Carlisle...

I would love to see an outtake of the conversation between Esme and Carlisle after he accused Poor Bella...

Best Part:

Edward starts to say something, but I stop him because this is my battle to fight. "Carlisle, I mean no disrespect, which is a lot more than you showed me this afternoon. But you had no right to accuse me of the things you did. I have never, nor would I ever, do anything to hurt this family, especially Edward. You didn't even ask me what happened, you just accused me of cheating on Edward and threatened to tell him, like I was some low life floozy..." I had to stop as the tears were starting again.

Edward pulls me tight against his chest as I hear a gasp and look up to see Esme standing in the doorway. "Carlisle, you didn't," Esme says astonished.

Carlisle glares at Edward and me before he turns to Esme. "I know what I saw and it's not acceptable behavior for a member of this family."

This only causes my anger to return. "You know what, Carlisle?" I yell, "Contrary to what you believe; I am not marrying you or your name, I am marrying Edward, and I love and respect him. If you have a problem with that, tough, but I will not change my life to fit into your idea of perfection. If you're ashamed to have me as a Cullen, I will gladly keep Swan as my name. Maybe Edward would even consider changing his to Swan, because Charlie, if he were still alive, would be damn proud to have Edward as a son, unlike you!" With that, I storm out of the room, but not before I hear Edward address Carlisle with such rage in his voice.

"You can hurt me all you want, but don't you ever speak to Bella the way you did this afternoon. Do you understand?" Edward states, calmly. "You ever hurt her again you can take your name and your corporation and shove them up you ass, because you will no longer have a son."
Lilacs4All chapter 10 . 10/24/2010
Best Parts:

A clause near the end of the agreement causes me to gasp. Edward looks over at me and frowns.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

I feel the tears in my eyes and I am finding it hard to breathe. I look up at Edward and watch as his face morphs into a mask of concern.

"Bella, what is it? What does it say?"

"Edward," I whisper, "I can't sign this."

"What? Why? What the hell has he written in there?" Edward practically yells.

I crawl over to him and point to the clause in the contract that freaks me out. I watch as his eyes grow wider.

"Edward, I know we'll never have children. But if we do and he believes for one minute that I would ever give them up he is crazier than either of us think." I say thickly, tears beginning to fall.

Edward reads aloud, "In the event of a divorce, Edward will retain full and complete custody of any children born from this union, Isabella will be granted generous visitation and will not be expected to pay child support."

He pulls me close to his side and kisses my forehead. "This is it, Bella. This is the test. He knows you, and he knows you would never agree to relinquish custody of any children we may have, if our relationship is real. Son of a bitch," he mutters, under his breath.

Edward reaches down and pulls me to my feet. "Come on, we are going to take care of this right now."

"I will not give up complete custody of our children."

I am surprised at how strong my voice sounds.

Carlisle leans back in his chair and removes his glasses. His eyes remain on me as he wipes down the lens, while chewing on his bottom lip.

When he doesn't say anything, I feel the need to continue. "If Edward and I have children and our marriage fails-which I don't think it will-I will agree to shared and equal custody, but under no circumstances will I give up my children. I would never keep Edward from them. I can't believe you would even ask me to do that."

"What the hell gave you the idea that Bella would ever agree to this?" Edward asks through clenched teeth. "What the hell gave you the idea that I would agree to this? You may have controlled me for most of my life, but I will be damned if you control any aspect of my children's lives. Do. You. Understand?"

"Edward stop being so dramatic," Carlisle says as he glares at Edward.

"Bella, this is a standard pre-nuptial; it can be adjusted and tweaked," Carlisle smiles at me. "I will have it changed to show that Edward and you will have joint custody, and an amount for child support.
1,495 | « Prev Page 1 .. 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 .. Last Next »